1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Grizzlies @ Rockets 10/17/2012 (PRESEASON)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 16, 2012.

1. entheend03

entheend03 Member

royce white

so why did royce white only play 5 minutes? i'm kinda ticked off cause i went to the game last night and expected to see him in action.

2. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Istanbul Grill
    5613 Morningside Dr
    Houston TX 77005
    (713) 526-2800

Empire Turkish Grill
    12448 Memorial Dr
    Houston TX 77024
    (713) 827-7475

KABAB KAHANI
    21542 Tomball Parkway #2
    Houston, TX 77070
    Tel: (281) 251 - 2500

Nikoz
    16754 Southwest Fwy
    Ste A
    Sugar Land, TX 77479
    (281) 313-0325

Pasha
    2325 University Blvd
    Houston, TX 77005
    Neighborhood: West University
    (713) 592-0020

Hope this helps, but no one makes them as good as they make them here in Australia!

1 person likes this.
  3. marothisu

marothisu Member

MMMMMMMMMMM Doner Kebab. Turkey is an amazing country. Easily my favorite in the world outside of the US. If you ever have a chance to go, don't hesitate. Stop by Istanbul first and then head down the coast. They have the Turkish Riviera, which is pretty much the UK's Florida. Lots of white sand beaches and clear blue waters. Many resorts. Tons of Roman and Greek ruins too.

By the way, 96% are "Muslim." Turkey in many aspects is like the US. There's a lot of people there who have a similar "Yeah I go to church, but whatever" type of attitude. Then there's the group of real devout people, and then there's the group of essentially atheist/agnostics. I never once witnessed anybody who actually stopped to pray during the Call to Prayer over there when I've been over there.

And yes, try the lamb. Doner Kebob is pretty much similar to Schwarma. Try it out..

4. marothisu

marothisu Member

Which by the way...Turkish Airlines has a deal from Houston to Istanbul for $800 round trip, which is a great deal. Their food is great, and you can get a lot of free alcohol too. Great airline. You just might not like that Kobe Bryant is the spokesman for the Americas division.

5. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Yeah, the lin train will be way worse than anything we've seen on this board in a loooong time.

6. gtmkcp

gtmkcp Member

Maybe the Rockets will play an exhibition game there in the future since Asik is on the team.

7. roksoer

roksoer Member

that's actually a jufka, this is a kebab [​IMG]

8. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

In Australia we call them Doner Kebab, but my favourite is the mixed plate shish kebab...

[​IMG]

And the lamb shish...

[​IMG]

My favourite Kebab stop is...

Fully Tabooly Kebab Stop
    'Fully Sick Kebabz Kuz!'

[​IMG]

9. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I went to the game last night and a had a good time with my son. The buzzer getting stuck was pretty strange.

I can't imagine making broad sweeping generalizations at this point about any of the rookies. I think you can make guesses based on their college games...but to take preseason games and try to pretend like you can predict their career trajectories is just silly to me. And I say that to both the Debbie Downers and the Sunshine Blowers.

10. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Honestly...at this point...I don't expect White to be in the rotation that often this season. I think McHale is tightening it down now trying to give minutes to those 10 or so players he will be using most often early in the season.

It's subject to change, obviously, with injury....but don't expect White to see lots of minutes in his rookie year.

11. gtmkcp

gtmkcp Member

It's interesting and also the commentator noted that they haven't been running a lot of pnr with Lin and Asik (saw a few plays in the first two games, but not much these last two games Lin played). I hope they practice that during this second round of training camp. Lin was terrific running that with Chandler last year.

12. marothisu

marothisu Member

Possible. That's where the Celtics went less than a month ago (and lost). Too bad most of the guys on the Celtics were too dumb to realize how much amazing stuff is in Istanbul and how much partying goes on too.

13. marothisu

marothisu Member

As Drexler said during the game, he missed the first week of camp too when he was a Rookie and it set him back two months. I don't expect White to be in the rotation much either until a few months in IMO unless he makes big strides. It's possible, but you probably won't see him getting 5-8+ minutes/night until I'm guessing January or so.

14. marothisu

marothisu Member

It's called Doner Kebap (Kebob) in Turkey. And it's ****ing delicious

15. gtmkcp

gtmkcp Member

Royce played a lot better last night than his first game. I hope we have some blow out games where he can come in an play the last few minutes to show case his talent. Those behind the back passes were sweet.

16. torocan

torocan Member

I suspect that they haven't gone over all the PNR sets (high pnr, low pnr, brush screens, close picks, far picks, double screens, etc), and the ones they have they're still sorting out timing and movement (like Asik's moving screens).

During the sitdown, Morey said that they had only taught about 1/2 the sets to the players so far (they didn't want to overwhelm the rooks), and that this next week they would try to introduce the other half of the sets.

Assuming they do that, they'll also need to do alot of reps before it starts looking finished or smooth.

What I think we saw last night was the half of the playbook that they had gone over being put into practice. From the way Lin was directing people to move to spots multiple times during the game, I'm guessing the guys still don't have those plays fully down yet.

This SHOULD improve as the pre-season progresses.

1 person likes this.
  17. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Was there last night as well, the buzzer getting stuck was quite annoying. Clutch was pretending to fart on people which was kind of amusing but I couldn't understand why they couldn't turn it off for 3-4 minutes.

I think Terrance Jones looked great though

18. Cycl1

Cycl1 Member

Any highlight videos of his play?

19. bball7

bball7 Contributing Member

Full Game:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Wc1pspK4AZM?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  20. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

This was the best game in the pre season
    The Rockets play a very good game against a good team like the Grizzlies
    Lin and pat pat make a big progress from others games
    Asik is unbelievable. Morey biggest addition.
    Terrence Jones is clearly the most NBA ready rookie in the team.
    I like Dmo, he is playing better and better and I think he will be in the rotation.
    I'm a little bit disappointed with Jeremy lamb. He doesn’t look ready. I hope he step up soon.
    Royce White is a beast with a lot of talent, but he is totally lost on the floor. He is not ready for the NBA. I hope he turn into a professional soon, otherwise he can’t play in a professional team.
    Kevin Martin is amassing, is sad to know he will be traded in any moment. Trading him is a logical move.
    Delfino looks really good. He plays very comfortable