1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    We are ONE DAY AWAY from the NBA Draft and knowing what the Rockets will do with the #3 selection. We're talking Rockets and the NBA Draft LIVE at 8:00pm CT!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!
  3. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Grizzlies @ Rockets 10/17/2012 (PRESEASON)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 16, 2012.

1. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

Just a few defensive teams will do that...I guess...

2. Coban Hutton

Coban Hutton Member

People always concentrate on the last year (15mil) when they say Lin isn't worth his contract. Or they actually twist the truth and say, "He's not worth 15mil a year" -- making it sound like he's getting Chris Paul money.

It makes me angry because it's so untruthful. He's got a contract for an average PG.

3. cbk41

cbk41 Member

Food for thought: Every player on the roster gets criticized if they don't play up to par on this board. Not to say we don't love each and every rocket, but in a game game thread when someone takes a bad shot, there will be someone posting about it; whether it be Lin, PPat, Parsons, White, etc.

4. formido

formido Member

If he can be more consistent? What data are you basing that assessment on? Some of your purposely provocative comments hurt your credibility in this forum, e.g., earlier in the thread when you proudly and unapologetically referred to "Jeremy Rin"[1].

My impression is that you're probably not basing your opinion of Lin on seeing most of his regular season games first hand, or even knowing his aggregated stats in relation to other players, but mostly through third hand reports--especially the ones with a negative emphasis--to demonstrate how much you don't "buy the hype" and to anger Asians (I do not happen to be Asian).

No one knows what the future may bring. However, to this point, the only NBA evidence we have suggests Lin is significantly better that Conley:

Lin top 40 PER:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/statistics/_/year/2012

Lin top 40 adjusted +/- (second table on page):

http://basketballvalue.com/topplayers.php?&year=2011-2012

Also, of course, players with little experience, as in the case of Lin, are usually expected to improve for awhile.

[1] Which I have no problem with, btw. Since you're obviously so brave and edgy, I'm eagerly looking forward to your slurs against other races. You know, unless you're just a chicken**** bullly...

4 people like this.
  5. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

so far so baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad

I never have been so high on him but T-Jones...Let's be realistic...I know it always takes time but imo he is just not as talent as many starting guards in this league. He can't dribble that much. He can make cut but seems like it will cost him to miss another game(foot injury). His defense sucks. Period.

Right now I think we should think about the future a little bit, maybe tank for a high pick and draft Shabazz Muhammad or Wiggins?

6. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

By the way, Conley scored 18 points on 10 shot attempts and had 3 steals in 22 min.

The rest of the team shot 33% from the field...Kind of difficult to get assists when you're team is missing shots.

On the flip side, Lin scored 7 points on 9 shot attempts in 27 min...and the rest of his team shot 53% from the field, which would naturally translate to more assists.

Lots of different variables involved here that factors into a player's effectiveness...specially during a preseason game.

7. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

My Advice: Yeah```you are right but let's be humble as a Lin fan. :p

8. trowa

trowa Member

true. or couldve said the opposite. bad pass->low % shot
    good pass->good % shot

1 person likes this.
  9. pnr

pnr Member

Sigh, let's not start the comparisons. Preseasons don't really mean anything anyway. Wait til the games actually count.

10. dialtone888

dialtone888 Rookie

Is that a new word?

11. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

Just relax bra...enjoy the win. No need to rush for a Linsane argument with local Rockets fans.

12. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Lamb got a long ways to go to reach T-Mac level

13. King Boo

King Boo Member

This is incorrect. In the NBA the rule for counting assists is "the last pass to a teammate that leads directly to a field goal; the scorer must move immediately toward the basket for the passer to be credited with an assist; only 1 assist can be credited per field goal." So as long as they move towards the basket and score off a pass, it counts. A common misconception is that if a player dribbles too much it doesn't count as an assist.

As an example, stellar post-player LaMarcus Aldridge was 3rd in the league in assisted field goals in 2011-2012 before the All-star break. (http://www.nba.com/2012/news/features/john_schuhmann/02/24/west-all-star-stats/index.html) So obviously those feeds into the post counted as assists.

The only judgement I made was that Lin ran the offense better than Conley did in this game. 12 assists to 1 is about as wide a discrepancy in a match-up as there could be. If judging a point guard by his assists isn't valid, then what statistic is lol?

14. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

PGs control the flow...good flow+good pass = good %

15. apollo33

apollo33 Member

People that say that should be just ignored because they are basketball r****ds.

16. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

FIFY :p

17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I wonder if Lamb is playing scared because of Omer threatening to eat him.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  18. C1UTCH-C1TY

C1UTCH-C1TY Member

Klay Thompson > > Lamb

- and they were drafted a few picks apart, klay obviously being a sophomore.

Marshon Brooks >>> Lamb

- drafted 10+ more picks than Lamb, and is just way better.

We should have included lamb in a deal for dwight howard, we wouldn't be losing much, and we would have had a chance in convincing howard to stay in houston.

damn it, Lamb is looking like a bust.

19. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

Nah you are in a New Age...:grin:

20. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

I think Lamb need to be more aggressive or the coach need to let him do his thing instead of having him pass the ball every time he catch. He doesn't do anything out there other than passing the ball...wtf. He's too talented and just wasted not be able to do his thing.

They should set him up like they did w/ Martin and let him do his thing one on one. Inject the kid with some confident because he shows he has the ability to go one on one and take shots.