1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Grizzlies @ Rockets 10/15/2016 (PRESEASON)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 13, 2016.

1. rockets13champs

Smh mcw to bulls for snell... we could have swapped beasley for MCW

2. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Corey Brewer. Geez it is hard to watch him be the worst player on the court when he's sharing it with fringe NBA players.

Wilt has to make the team for spacing purposes alone. But man, he gets absolutely abused on the p'n'r defense.

kevtse likes this.
  3. touring_low

touring_low Member

I'd trade Brewer in a heartbeat for some chips and guac from Chipotle . He continues to show how horrible he is, his first 2 games were just a fluke smh.

kevtse likes this.
  4. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

he's not in shape to play in NBA period.

5. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I feel like this would have been a 15 point loss had the starters played for both teams the full game.

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Harden looks like he's starting this year worse than he started last year.

Averaging over 6 turnovers a game and less than 30% on threes for preseason (not counting sharks)

ISOBall and Cashmoney like this.
  7. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Only a little bit? James number one asset is he scoring. He has hardly looked for his shot at all in the pre season and it's very frustrating. He is at his best going down hill and breaking down the d and hitting the open man. BasketballHollic may not get a lot right but he's 100% right in regards to Harden. We will not win a ring if he is the #1 'playmaker'. I think we can win it all with Harden averaging the most assists for the team, but personally I don't like him completely running the offense as a point guard at this point. He is a gifted passer but he is too lax with the ball and doesn't make the simple pass sometimes, he attempts too many high risk passes. I was hoping he'd learnt from last year and pull his head in but looks like it has only gotten worse. He needs to go back to being a scorer first and a passer second. Having it the other way around will work many games, but when the playoffs roll around it won't take us far IMO. I will love to be proven wrong.

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Something isn't right with Harden.

It looks like he's taking another step back.

Could be a really ugly year.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Guys, this game had jet lag written all over it, not even gonna consider this game as any sort of indicator.

DD

roslolian likes this.
  10. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Didn't catch the game but judging by the minutes, d'antoni experimented with different line ups. Also it's clear that harden's trying to set his guys up more often.

11. malakas

malakas Member

When the POs roll around it won't take us far anyways because our D is and will be really bad. This team is built mainly for the RS regardless of Harden's TOs. But I agree with your main point.

Cashmoney likes this.
  12. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

You guys worrying about James are stupid . Right now he is only looking to distribute . He knows he can get his any time he wants to . He's saving that for the regular season . The fact that he isn't aggressive stall right now makes him pretty easy to guard because defenders don't have to worry about him scoring . When he turns on his offense then defenders will have another possibility to worry about and will make distributing easier and his turnovers will go down .

Balldon'tlie likes this.
  13. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I'm liking James as the pg less and less.

Brown Lost It likes this.
  14. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I'm surprised so many are down on Ennis. I though he looked solid. Besides harden and Gordon he appears to be the only other player on the roster than can consistently create a step to drive to the rim.

Its not saying much, but he looks like our third best creator.

Balldon'tlie likes this.
  15. vick

vick Member

Rockets will be near the top in scoring and other team scoring. Even a Democrat could see this coming.

16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Doesnt take a rocket scientist to see he is fat as fuq. Probably the heaviest he's ever been.

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  17. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

I've heard it all before. No excuses. My point remains and it's a valid one.

CapelaOnlyFan likes this.
  18. OTMax

OTMax Member

Horrible game, just awful. I don't know who instructed our guys to double-team the way they do but they just left the lane open every single time! Perimeter defense is even worse than last year, buying every pump fake and not one guy could stay with his man. Our defense will be worse than last year. Harden's lazy play on defense and the horrible passing is very worrisome. We also do not look like a D'Antoni team at all, it's still relying on Harden way too much and ball and body movement is very limited still. Only Dekker seems to understand it.

I like Harrell's energy so he should get some minutes. Gordon and Nene looked solid again, Anderson I'm getting less positive about with each game. If he's not shooting, he's not doing much else. His ball handling and drives look awkward, at least he tries to box out though. Brewer should never get anymore minutes, ever. Those horrible blown lay-ups and wild shots, just insane. Give his minutes to Dekker and maybe KJ. Ennis looked a bit better, more confident, but some of his 1-on-1 action was way too forced and he doesn't shoot when he's open which is going to be a problem.

Also, thank heavens Worrell is going to retire. I'm sorry, he's a legend, but with those 2 morons next to him it is just not a good combination. The silly double-deckers, the horrible analysis, the silly jokes. Give me Ackerman!

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  19. BAHAMIANFAN

BAHAMIANFAN Contributing Member

Harden needs to fix his 3 point shot.

20. bmd

bmd Member

Seriously. It was obvious within the first minute of the game that the Rockets' players weren't playing very hard. They had no intensity at all.

Mr. Clutch likes this.