1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Grizzlies @ Rockets 1/24/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Clarinetmonster

Then he shouldn't be taking 11 shots - you would think this would occur to him/coaching staff after, oh I don't know shot 8 or 9? Anyways can I just go on record as saying defense is spelled with an s, not a c in this country.This is rampant on the interwebz.

2. conquistador#11

3. SPBR

SPBR Member

We crucify him when he misses, but he's our superstar.

4. Hous-TO-n

Hous-TO-n Member

I am waiting an inconsistent analyst post from Clutch. When will it be post?

5. sergio

sergio Member

Parsons is the only Rocket who showed up tonight. Lin played like he was asleep. Howard got out hustled. Harden was to passive. Beverley's shot was off. Casspi had terrible shot selection. D-mo played like a bench warmer. T-jones was out rebounded. Team really needed Asik tonight. Can't wait to see how team responds after getting punched in the mouth.

6. deshen

deshen Member

James relies on his FT heavily. When refs do not give as much, he will struggle, especially in playoffs.
    Howard is about his average in this game, maybe a little under.

7. Soft Takes

Soft Takes Rookie

I don't think I've ever been that frustrated watching KM blow that game smh. We're tied up at 84's, you pull Lin out for Jones when the Grizz are just stacking the paint anyway and the let Bev get torched on D. I'm all for Bev starting but when the little guy runs out of gas by the fourth, you gotta know when it's time to pull him. I'm a little dubious of Jlins handles but at least the boy gets to the line. And parsons can play off ball but he doesn't have the elite quickness to blow by a defender who is right on him in crunch time. Don't know what kind of final play call was that smh

8. blueice604

blueice604 Member

He had one good D in the last minute...

9. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

10. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

This is such a damn myth at this point. It's been parroted so much that everyone just believes it. He really shut down Conley. Lillard also had 24 and 5 against him the last game.

If anything Lin has had a more dominant defensive stretch this season than Bev has ever had.

Bev had one stellar night against Holiday and everyone anointed him a defensive god.

11. Entropy

Entropy Member

You forgot Iguodala.

12. Cranberry_Juice

Most logical thing i have read all night, but regardless of this one game by Lin vs Beverly, the numbers are clear. Patrick Beverly deserves to start over Jeremy Lin.

13. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

LOL what's next? If Dwight is having a monster game with the team down by 1 in the last seconds, Mchale would just let Dwight dribble the ball and throw up a 30-feet 3 pointer.

14. chandlerbang21

WAT???????? 0-1 is a record ??????

15. Rocknation

Rocknation Member

Paul George

16. C. Orientalis

C. Orientalis Member

Beverly never has a bad performance, havent you heard?

17. ballerboy001

ballerboy001 Member

OH MY GOSH. Chandler is not a playmaker. I know i'm beating a dead horse, but.....ughhhh.

18. chandlerbang21

Tucker fr

19. Clarinetmonster

You're right, it's actually about the coaches not going with him when the starter is shooting .09% vs. Lin's 66%.

20. Solaris

Solaris Member

Agreed. This is the only bad game Bev had this season. Even if he played bad today, he helped to provide the energy Rockets needed and set the tone for defense.