1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Clippers @ Rockets 5/6/2015 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 2)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 5, 2015.

1. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Lol it's not like we aren't getting fouled. It just speaks of the talent levels on both teams

2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Did you count the ones where Dwight gets good position so they foul him intentionally instead of giving up a dunk?

3. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

That's pretty bad. Make a list

4. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I thought even before Jones woke up in the 2nd half he was still playing better than Smith. Smith has just been awful at defensive rotations, and offensively has been dreadful.

He does need to play though and we need to get something from him to win the series.

5. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

I agree

6. Remix

Remix Member

lol complaining about FT disparity when your team intentionally hacks is the dumbest thing ever

7. frontline94

frontline94 Member

no, if you want to count those, then id say 8 (maybe 9) were like that... honestly, it could be all if you consider those because the bigs including deandre would foul every time

8. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

That describes me perfectly.I LOVE the Rockets...always have. I can take anything but don't give me a quitter. And, speaking strictly for me, I saw definite QUIT in Game 1. Saw some more lack of effort tonight (I think some others saw this also). And I was wrong also and apologize. But, I did take serious exception to calling me a p*ssy. But, hey, at the end of the day, the common theme is folks on here love the Rockets. Is it seriously necessary to see all things with Rose colored glasses ? If the EFFORT is there, I'm OK. When it's not, it drives me crazy. Not that it validates things but many others saw what I saw too....including the TNT crew. And no, they are not crazy.Again, why can't we have differing opinions ? It's why I got on this board.

9. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Yeah. That's why Blake is just being a little b****. That dude turned into a mental midget at the end when he doesn't get foul calls.

10. imasonamagun

imasonamagun Member

For all you fair weather, knee jerking, no hearted, Lin sympathizing, hating ass, no faith having doubters that have said in this thread that we would lose...........!!!!!!!! LOOK AT THE SIG B!TCH!

CLUTCH CITY! :eek::mad::eek:

11. krouchchocolate

I did not like hardens attitude in the 2nd quarter. He just stood there not giving 2 ****s about the game...

12. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

How did you like how he recovered from that and led his team to victory?

Or does that not matter

13. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

Dwight & Smith shot 27 FTs (hack included) + Clipps fouling to stop the clock at the end = more than half of the total FTs shot by the Rockets. They got nothing to complain about. Especially not Blake, he almost got every single call

14. frontline94

frontline94 Member

i loled at the lin sympathizing

1 person likes this.
  15. naduka

naduka Member

You're right. I hated looking at game one and the first half of this game. I just got overwhelmed by all of the posts saying "**** harden" "**** smith" "this team sucks we don't deserve to be in the playoffs." I don't know who said it, just was frustrating to see the fans giving up on their team. I don't look at them through rose colored glasses. I just thought they were trying to get back into a rhythm after having so many days off and losing game 1 and it took them a while to find their flow. I know we have flaws, but I think that we can definitely win it all this year with Dwight and Harden. Maybe I'm too optimistic lol. Either way, **** it. We're Rockets fans even if we have different opinions.

16. krouchchocolate

It wasn't just him that led this team to victory. Our comeback started when he was on the bench....harden just finished it for us.

17. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

You're insane if you think Harden doesn't care. Dude wants to win a ring as bad as any other superstar player in the league. He cared in all 4 quarters

18. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I hardly read or watch anything disseminated in written or tv-related anymore because I believe most of these people are hacks with little to no credibility.

If they buy that bs from the Clippers, it only reinforces my belief.

Anyway, the team showed a lot of heart coming back from 14 down in the 3rd quarter. It means a lot going forward whether the Rockets advance or not. What free agent would want to come here if the Rockets got swept?

19. calcium

calcium Member

All I can say is, 'Bloody hell. That was stressful. Worse than a rollercoaster ride'.

I know it was a win, but I dont feel good about McHale's adjustments
    in this game. Nice man, but an upgrade needed, I think.

20. smileandnod

smileandnod Member

The first 3 halff of this series were hard to watch, but I gotta give it up to the rockets, they found a way to win tonight.

The series was starting to remind me of Portland last year. But the main difference is harden showed up and finished game 2 and we pulled out a win.

1 person likes this.