1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Clippers @ Rockets 5/4/2015 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 1)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 2, 2015.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Ever since Game 2, the Rockets have reverted back to 2014 thinking they should out-gun every time.

Do we not care about defensive anymore? Is that not what got us here?

2. dragonwill

dragonwill Member

This is over guys. ESPN is right on in their prediction.

3. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Years ago Yao was playing with career-ending injury vs Lakers in second round playoffs.

Right now Harden was playing effortlessly like a pedestrian in the same round playoffs.

SMH...

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

It's not over. Rockets need to win 2 of 3, and they're right back in it. Call me an idiot, but I think they can do it.

Having said that...they most certainly can not do it if they show the kind heart they did tonight.

5. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Rockets inital defense is fine...Its when they start turning the ball over in bunches and teams get fast break points and find a rhythm that kills the Rockets.

Basically all their turnovers just negate the good job they do on defense

6. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

There are a ton of Lin fans coming out of the woodwork to hate on Harden. I'm sure the same thing would have happened if Dallas took us to six.

7. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

There's no defense for sloppiness. It's an attitude and it permeates the team from top to bottom.

8. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

I actually think the thunder had it right. Bring Harden off the bench, at least in the playoffs he might be better as a 6th man. He almost singlehandedly took us out of the game in the first half. He is great in the regular season but in the playoffs you have to step it up and change it up because you know they are coming for you. They came and he failed. Hero ball doesn't work in the playoffs.

9. 11Rox4Life3

11Rox4Life3 Member

embarrassing effort for a playoff game. and imo it looked like we quit. unacceptable. last time the rox were in the 2nd round, we lost yao and had no real shot at the series, but that team played hard and beat the lakers convincingly in g4 and g6. scrappiness and focus. it's been a season long thing too....we've just had more talent and harden heroics in the regular season to close out games after lapses of energy giving up big leads. this is why playoffs are a different animal.

10. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Cute how all of the Lin stans are coming out to play. So mind-numbingly predictable.

This was a gross game. Totally disgusting. I'm a pretty forgiving girl -- I can forgive missed shots, blown defensive assignments, and even the stupid, stupid turnovers. To an extent. What I unequivocally CAN'T forgive is just giving TF up while the game clock is still ticking. I mean, they just flat out QUIT. The 2012-2013 Rockets who were down 0-3 to OKC showed more heart than these guys did tonight, and that is truly mind-boggling to me.

And I'm not here for the "Oh, it won't happen again!" or "We'll see now what we're really made of" or "They just wanted it more." If they happen to wake up and make a series of it, great. But I'm not spending any more of my money on this mess, as long as they're going out there and not even trying. I've been sick as a dog for the last 3 days and dragged myself out of bed to support these guys -- and they don't even have enough pride to finish out the game? NOPE. Wednesday will be the first home playoff game I've missed in three seasons. I'm fed up.

11. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

There is no excuse to lose like this. They need to dig deep and figure it out or they are going to get beat 4-1 or even worse. Especially with this type of effort.

You come out with energy and take a huge lead only to piss it away with amateur turnovers. Only reason we didn't get blown out was because they turned it over just as much.

12. 11Rox4Life3

11Rox4Life3 Member

yep. seems like the fans cared more about this game than the actual players.

13. Rocketsnbeyond

Looks like our season is over. Time to bring in a whole new batch of players that don't give a crap about post season. Truth is Kevin Mchale's only goal was to get to the second round. Clippers kept a group of players that loss together over and over for the past couple of years. They were able to grow chemistry Right now Houston only has Harden, Howard, and Jones that experience the Lillard .09 3pt in game 6 last year. DMo and Beverly are hurt for the season so they don't count. Next year we will have a whole new group and Kevin Mchale will still be the coach.

14. KlutchQT

Also, can there be a rule that you have to have posted here within the preceding year to start a new thread? My goodness.

15. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

are you vstexas09?

16. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

he didnt play much. first half of the first quarter he bricked all his paint shots. that was it for him.

17. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

I know I get negative prior to and during the game. But even if we lose, I am optimistic about the next one. In 2013, we were down 3-0 and we had fight. Last year with a non-serious team, we almost took it to 7.

This was a major wake up call. I'll still flip ****s, but ultimately, I believe this team will win.

It's good to wake up. We used to be the number 2 defense in the league. We were the number 6 offense in the league. We can get back to those ways.

18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

We are living in bizarre times. If there was any time for your freak outs to be warranted, it would be now.

However...what you say is true. I am banking on this being a huge wakeup call for the Rockets on Wednesday.

19. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

Wow. I can understand wanting to follow a player, but to be obsessed over his fans? That's just sad.

People are complaining because they're upset. It has nothing to do with any former players.

But if it makes you feel better, then go ahead and blame him. Hilarious how that player is so influential that even after he's gone, he can make people "feel better" by blaming him :grin:

As long as we have Howard we will always have a fighting chance. He single-handedly took a team to the finals and he can do it again. Just need to go back to him as the main cornerstone.

20. KlutchQT

Show me where I blamed Lin for anything. You sound insane.