1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Clippers @ Rockets 5/17/2015 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 7)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 15, 2015.

1. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

A resounding YES...Tirico mentioned that last night that Breen, Mark, and JVG will be calling Game 7

2. Bryant2108

Bryant2108 Member

Love Breen! Puts it in! He's such a good broadcaster and JVG loves the rockets

3. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

And Jackson hates the clippers...

4. Bryant2108

Bryant2108 Member

Perfect! Can't wait:grin:

5. ibm

ibm Member

feels like we havent had jvg on a rockets game for ages. coooooooooooooool!

6. TexasRedd

TexasRedd Member

Can't wait until Breen drops a "Bang!" after the Rockets blow the game open with a 3!

7. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

I'm really nervous about the 2:30 start time. Seems like the Rockets historically have a tough time "coming to play" in afternoon games. It's as if they are always still waking up or getting through their afternoon routine. Maybe they don't get their typical afternoon warm-up / shootaround? I don't know...I just honestly wish this game could start at 7pm - 8:30pm

It's not even a tracked Team Split, but I've just always noticed.

Can't come out stiff or slow or take this Clippers team lightly. Everyone needs to be on point for 48 minutes.

8. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

undefeated this year with the 2:30 slot

9. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

We beat the Clippers and Cavs this year on prime time early afternoon games. Maybe you are confusing us with the Texans who show a baffling inability to win any game that does not start at noon.

10. cdrive

And being a Sunday game, non-work day, light traffic time of day, middle of the afternoon....I swear man at tip-off if I see 1 string of 8 consecutive seats with t-shirts still nicely laid out unworn, I think my head might explode. No excuses this game, Toyota Center crowd. Get there early, we need you!

Shout out: If you have 2 tickets in that area of $800 secondary market ticket value, and you absolutely know you can't fill those seats, PM me. I will make sure there are no freebie t's laid out chillin'

11. solid

solid Contributing Member

The whole world will be focused on our game. We are the "only show in town." No pressure! I hope someone reminds the team of the forty point blow out in Dallas in game seven. I guess Jason Terry will since he helped make it possible. You owe us one Jason, rain threes on the Clippers like you did on us!

12. cdrive

Alright, khanhdum and Spacemoth, good....thanks
    Less nervous now. I guess I'm scarred from previous seasons....many Canadian Raptor afternoon games where we only came to play the 2nd half.

Cheers

#132 cdrive, May 16, 2015
    Last edited: May 16, 2015
  13. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Clippers have been in this situation before.

They were up 3-1 vs Grizzlies couple years back, choked and had to go to Memphis for a game 7. Clippers beat them in Memphis to advance

14. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

You sir are the real MVP

15. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

[​IMG]

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hW4uXlRGAF0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

The Rox really have redeemed themselves in this series getting it to a game 7. I'm hoping they don't come out playing like they are content with making it to game 7. I believe the pressure is more on the Clippers which can be a great thing for the Rox. The Clippers won a game 7 on the road against Memphis but it was in the first round. There's more at stack with this game 7 on the road which will add more pressure to the Clippers who are notorious for choking in these type of games. I'm feeling cautiously optimistic about this game.

17. lexled

lexled Contributing Member

We got this

18. TimRox

TimRox Member

win or lose. it's still the rockets i am rooting for

19. ibm

ibm Member

i certainly hope for a rockets win, and this time my gut feeling actually tells me we're gonna win. :)

but, if they somehow lose this one, i still feel we've already had a tremendous and memorable season. seriously.

so, i feel like i've got nothing to lose as a fan. i cant be down no more. :cool:

20. TokyoGif

TokyoGif Member