1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 4 between Luka and the Mavs and Shai and the Thunder. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

ClutchFans Game Thread: Clippers @ Rockets 5/17/2015 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 7)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 15, 2015.

1. JazzLakerHater

Hey Magic, I hate the Clippers too, but you should be the last guy talking considering how sorry your Lakers are.

2. Bryant2108

Bryant2108 Member

If the Rockets can get past the Warriors, I think they can beat either of the Eastern teams.

3. baubo

baubo Member

Regardless of what happens from here on, I will enter the summer a happy, happy fan. Even if we lose to the Warriors, I think this series has shown to many possible FAs that they can win here. Plus, even if we just keep our own guys and add some spare parts, I'll still be happy. Don't want to sound like loser talk. Just speaking from kind of a "goal reached and everything else is gravy" perspective.

4. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG]
    Been groovin' ever since we completed the comeback.
    Just Jello-Jiggling everywhere I step and the day itself has been glorious.

5. rocketmc

rocketmc Member

We win if we can play a half-court game; more Josh and Dwight and less Harden iso/hero ball.

6. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

His Lakers are a winning franchise...and truth be told, if the Lakers were playing, you think there would even be any Clipper fans?? PS. Magic is a winning basketball player...

The Clippers dont have a winning identity.

What the nation learned about the Rockets...what I've learned about this team is to never give up. I could not believe we would just give them a game..in game 1... I was more upset about that more than anything else. More than the 2 losses were we got spanked. This series was all about the bench. We would hope that James and Dwight both play well, but we needed the bench...and boy did they ever show up. They brought Clutch city back. The BENCH Squad allowed us to win.

Finally, its crazy how players with winning pedigree play when the stakes are so high vs those who haven't. This Rockets team have players that knows what it takes to win. Having the foreign experience in Prigs, finals experience with James Harden and Dwight Howard, and title experience with JET, Ariza, and Brewer...all of these things mattered. Hakeem carried us to the promise land, but he had help from guys no one thought much about. Clutch city is alive and well...Bring on the Warriors. Regular season will not matter next week. Go ROCKETS. #ClutchCity2

7. bmd

bmd Member

I don't think he is.

He had a show in Toyota Center last night or two nights ago or whenever it was and I guess he just stayed an extra day to catch the game.

8. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Kevin McHale: only person to come back from a 3-1 series deficit as an NBA player AND as a head coach</p>&mdash; ESPN Stats &amp; Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/600077666155405312">May 17, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

10. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

I remember he defended Howard's decision to join Houston on First Take, even blasting Kobe in the process.

I think he is a fan of the Rockets.
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ee46Oet1fNA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Update on Josh Smith's playoff 3-point shooting.

Atlanta: 15-87 (17.2%)
    Houston: 17-46 (37.0%)</p>&mdash; Kevin Pelton (@kpelton) <a href="https://twitter.com/kpelton/status/600070079116648449">May 17, 2015</a></blockquote>

12. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Who knew that practicing helps?

13. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

We scoffed at his "momentum ... momentum" comment, but damn, Coach, you were right!!!

Major props to you. No more Fire McHale threads ... till the end of this playoff run for us?? :rolleyes:

14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Clutch, are you planning to do another podcast with M. K. Bower before Game 1?

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">All of the Western Conference finals games will be on ESPN, called by Mike Breen, Jeff Van Gundy, Mark Jackson and Doris Burke.</p>&mdash; Rusty Simmons (@Rusty_SFChron) <a href="https://twitter.com/Rusty_SFChron/status/600063173257887745">May 17, 2015</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Doc Rivers: 1st coach in NBA history to lose multiple series when leading 3-games-to-1</p>&mdash; ESPN Stats &amp; Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/600068442310504448">May 17, 2015</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Clippers franchise has never made conference finals.

They've had 5 chances to get there with a win

Lost by 19, 20, 21, 12 and 13</p>&mdash; ESPN Stats &amp; Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/600073375126519808">May 17, 2015</a></blockquote>

16. i3artow i3aller

17. rocketsmetalspd

Last season when the Rockets got Howard. He went on First Take to take on Skip and S.A.S. Regarding the Rockets getting Howard.

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I'll blame CP3 about as much as you blame <a href="https://twitter.com/TimTebow">@TimTebow</a> or Tom Brady for anything <a href="https://twitter.com/RealSkipBayless">@RealSkipBayless</a>. So Disrespectful! Clips did disappoint, tho</p>&mdash; Stephen A Smith (@stephenasmith) <a href="https://twitter.com/stephenasmith/status/600077310323236865">May 17, 2015</a></blockquote>

19. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Yes, JVG! I even like Doris!

20. ibm

ibm Member

wow, jvg for the entire wcf series? that's music in my ears.