1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Clippers @ Rockets 3/5/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 4, 2020.

1. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

The spread box does not fool anyone.

Harden can make a move and sometimes find capeala on a spin for a dunk or quick bucket.

Westbrook gets the paint buckets that capeala used to get.

2. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

I’ve been to numerous Rockets’ playoff games at Toyota Center. The fans are much louder and engaged in the game from the opening tip, unlike the regular season, where the lower bowl may not get filled until halftime.

Regardless, everyone on this Rockets’ team other than Westbrook needs to evaluate his mindset. This was an incredibly important regular season game, and the Rockets simply played with no energy and no heart. Bringing no energy into a regular season game of this magnitude should be embarrassing for a competitor.

DeBeards, Greedydex and SORF like this.
  3. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

I honestly think that's a bit of an overreaction, this game was definitely an anomaly in a lot of respects. But if the Rockets consistently play like this I'll be forced to eat my hat in frustration.

solid likes this.
  4. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I wonder how this up and down offense with not so good defense can last in a playoff series. Can we beat a good team in a series? Then again in the second round? Then again in a Western Conference Final?

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Kawhi is a skilled load manager.

6. icewill36

icewill36 Member

He tried his hardest to get us going but no one could make a shot. It's sad. I need to see James with some fire also. He just doesn't have that bounce in his step right now. I miss MVP james

PeterKingX and daywalker02 like this.
  7. YOLO

YOLO Member

I've been to many myself. It's pretty disappointing every time. I've been to other arenas for regular season games and they;re still louder

TC only gets really loud when free stuff is on the line whether its food or merch

8. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

Self-inspect from you, dear MDA, nothing runs automatically.
    Even MJ need Phil bringing in his philosophy and wisdom.

PeterKingX likes this.
  9. br0ken_shad0w

br0ken_shad0w Member

While it's more likely than not the team won't continually have bad shooting slumps like this, I won't hold my breath for the Rockets to suddenly become a good shooting team. It is what it is. They'll continue to shoot the most 3s, but will be average to below average in 3PM.

10. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Kawhi is as close to a perfectionist as you’ll find on an NBA court. He knows how to get to his spots, and he’s turned himself into a really good shooter. Say what you want about his load managing tactics, but he rarely has games that leave you scratching your head.

11. Greedydex

Greedydex Member

Maybe one of the reports can ask James “ why he continues to shot the step back 3s when’s he’s 1-10?” Smh

gfab-babyboi and PeterKingX like this.
  12. Greedydex

Greedydex Member

So true

gfab-babyboi and daywalker02 like this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I always said he was a feel good coach, he is just not a tough guy.

DeBeards likes this.
  14. D-rock

D-rock Member

15. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Hell nawl! This team will get swept!
    You don't have to run a play for kawhi man.

Kawhi is just a baller man. The dude got a force field or something.

Danuel house can be like kawhi with more experience.

daywalker02 likes this.
  16. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

He is distance runner other than a sprinter.

gfab-babyboi and daywalker02 like this.
  17. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Well I didn't start watching this game until about 30 minutes ago. Fast forwarded through most of it. What a shitty performance. We really looked bad right from start. Westbrook once again looked like the only guy who gave a damn.

Clippers (when healthy) are a terrible matchup for us.

DeBeards and daywalker02 like this.
  18. SORF

SORF Member

That is so true...I lost my hearing for two days after a playoff game. After that I sold the playoff season tickets, and watched it at home.

19. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

That's my whole point. If we shot 32% from the 3pt tonight, we would have won. We didn't have to shoot amazing, we just had to shoot a little below average.

Paul George hasn't really been that good all year, so I'm not surprised he didn't turn up tonight. Even Leonard didn't do much. The big difference was the 3pt shooting. Saying they made a big statement when we shot really poor tonight is a bit weird.... and it's not like they had contests on our 3pt misses. They literally let us shoot those wide open shots. On another night, we hit those misses and we blow them out.

20. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

lol