1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Clippers @ Rockets 3/16/2016

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 15, 2016.

1. colt45nyc

colt45nyc Rookie

The defense is a product of effort and playing hard on the part of each player on the court. If one guy is playing iso hero ball most of the time on the offensive end, the other 4 guys will eventually lost their edge and intensity on the defensive end. We been seeing this all season, especially when the harden seem to give a half hearted efffort in defense most of the time. Dhoward has already pack it up for season and looking for his next team.

2. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

stupidity is the only reason I can think of

3. amaru

amaru Member

Why would you want this team to get drummed on national television by the Warriors or the Spurs?

4. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

This team is a joke. Our GM and coach suck.

Same shhhhiiit, different day: guard absolutely no one, turn the ball over, miss 90% of everything, get down by 30+ points, mount ANOTHER half hearted comeback and lose again at home to a team on 2nd nite of b2b!

Yippie- get the 7th or 8th seed and prepare to be annihilated.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

No matter where the likes of melo, kd, wb, harden go they will still play the same way as mainly isolation players

6. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Let's stop paying any money on Rockets games until the organization make changes.

7. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

NOOOOO. As long as JBB is still the coach, Rockets will be sucking as usual.

Hard working players won't get any burn.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

The defense needs a complete overhaul and that will take Atleast an entire offseason with new schemes and tendencies , not to mention players who have to buy in and execute it.

9. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Where is the ****ing Morey talks? Morey speaks nothing but bragging...

10. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

No you are not looking at the big picture. Players can be both. They can set picks play off the ball and ISO. Our offense and personnel don't dictate it so it doesn't happen. You need a player that can create and pass and Harden will move without the ball more otherwise he will do it.

11. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

sad sad game to watch

12. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Why not? Watching the Jazz and Mavs play games over us is way more depressing than getting swept.

13. Karolik

Karolik Member

if this team is stupid enough to think they can just turn it on in the playoffs, I hope they get their ass swept.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

Oh I get the picture. I just don't think harden will be much different than what he is now. Again not much of a knock on him because he's became a great offensive player thus far. But the season is almost over and here's to hoping there's some significant moves this offseason

15. amaru

amaru Member

I'm inclined to disagree. I'd rather not be the running joke of the playoffs....I mean we are already the running joke of the regular season.

16. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Some of you guys truly have the worst case of confirmation bias I've ever seen . If you look at each game objectively and even if you take into account this and past seasons' performances , any nitpicking of harden is just that .... Nitpicking . Tonight we just got raped . The coaching staff didn't know how to respond . The players didn't respond . The team needs leaders , and smart leaders . Maybe harden isn't a leader , I can't fault the guy for not having a stereotypical rah rah attitude . He is one of the best 5 players in the NBA . This team is so limited that so many hints have to go right for us to have success . Our coaches and players seem incapable of adjusting .

My biggest disgust is with Howard . I thought la was too harsh on him , but even if the intent was misguided they were right . Maybe injuries have robbed him of his ability and heart , but the guy is pathetic now . He can play well and put up numbers when he has a good day athleticism wise . However he hasn't improved any parts of his game fundamentally . He wants the ball ?? Learn to set a ****ing pick and then roll . When James does the pick and roll with harrel , Dmo , or Beasley ... They get the ball . This is because they understand how to set a pick and then go to a correct spot .

Don't even get me started on Brewer , I appreciate his effort , I really do . But you can't play a bunch of idiots who rely solely on hustle plays and scrambling at once . When the team is trying to do something fundamentally sound , he ****s it up .

The most burning question I have is where has Capela been . He has looked really good lately after going through some injury and rookie wall type issues. Why haven't we played Dmo and Capela at the same time ? Why does Dmo only get 7 minutes ? Why does harrel no get any PT ... Until it's too late . Why not try some of the more obvious strategies like KJ in to guard the 1 ? Terry is our best pg at this point ?? How did that happen ?

This whole season is a cluster **** and the only reason we are at .500 is because of the guy people vilify the most . He isn't a perfect player . But why should he try the entire ****ing game when the dude getting paid more than him also only hustles when it suits him . Is Dwight too dumb to realize that he is playing for a contract at this point ? NBA teams are smart enough to understand he isn't playing well on defense ( aka what he would be getting paid for) . I wouldn't be surprised if Dwight opted in . Or got hurt and the opted in . That would be devastating . I think it's likely to happen .

**** this situation . **** this team . We aren't gonna do **** in the playoffs and if we do it will be because of luck . Morey has to be pulling out his hair at what he sees going on . And Leslie is the biggest problem of all .

Fans should boycott this bull**** until reasonable adjustments are made.

1 person likes this.
  17. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Where the **** was Howard tonight? His line was terrible. 4 shots in 33 minutes?

He's mailing it in now. What a team!

18. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Repped I agree. Dwight especially with the pick and roll. Montrell and Beasley do it so well and something good always comes of it but Dwight refuses and just wants to post up where he either, turns it over, misses badly or gets put on the foul line. Those are the reasons no one wants to give it to him in the post. If Harden has Marc Gasol you think he would not pass it to him in the post? Hell yeah he would. Then there's JB who insists on playing Brewer heavy minutes despite being 0-4 against an easy Grizzlies team and looking like **** tonight and he still plays him. It's unbelievable.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

What happened, guys?

Were those Clips too good or the Rox too bad? Or both?

20. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

D Jordan with 23pts 16rbs.

Howard with 6pts, 7rbs, 3Tos.

Rockets fans are always too kind to Howard.

In LA, Lakers fans would kill Howard with criticism.