1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Clippers @ Rockets 2/22/2006

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 19, 2006.

1. Mordo

Mordo Contributing Member

It's unusual for a team to get blow out twice in games that are so close together. They will be playing out of their mind to avoid embarassment of the last game. Hopefully, I am wrong, but the Clippers will win this one. :( 2 losses in a row.

2. roswell raygun

I'm expecting a 30-point win or a 30-point loss.
    Let's be optimistic and say:
    Rockets 105
    Clippers 75

3. Hard Rock

Hard Rock Member

I think the Clips will do what the Suns just did: double/triple teams Yao everytime he touchs the ball and then kill us from beyond the arc at the other end.

I don't think T-Mac played too good last night in the ASG. He scored 36 by attempted more shots than anyone else and no-defense for the first 40min. in the ASG. he still settles for outside Jumper most of the time and didn't even try to box out/rebound, and missed 5 of 6 freebies :eek: . it was ASG, it was a show. I record every Rockets game and just reviewed the Clips game, T-Mac goes inside STRONGLY everytime he got the chance and that's why he had such a good game, and when he's on fire the Rockets rolling.

go T-Mac, tough up!
    go Rockets

Rockets 97
    Clippers 93

4. xcomputerman

xcomputerman Contributing Member

I don't know how you call 36 points in 20-something minutes not so good. Never mind that T-Mac was the only West all star who hit three pointers (4 of them), and many of his points were, in fact, inside the paint.

5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

When in Rome.

6. zhao1109

zhao1109 Contributing Member

I was really mad when stern pointed to LJ as MVP!

damn LJ, stole MVP from TMAC!!!!!

7. poseyistheman

poseyistheman Member

Here's my view of the season and additude of the players we have on the team. I think had this team started off healthy and won those close games early in the season we would have atleast the 5th or 6th seed right now in the west standings. Remember after Tmac had to miss that week early on and then he played 3 and missed like 8 or 9 I think. A number of those games were close and down to the last mins but because we had no Tmac and they doubled and tripled Yao Ming we lost like 78% of them cause our shooters weren't shooting well ie Alston,Anderson,WEsley and our heart and soul guys Sura and Barry were out with injuries or in Barry's case he wasn't healthy but was playing. We had 2 close games with the PIstons and we had close ones with Memphis and Hornets and many other team even after Tmac got back but Yao was out by then. Thats how this year has gone and we are still only 4 and a half out of the 8th seed. If the Allstar game is any indication Tracy wqill come out smoking and Yao will continue his double doubles and this team will make a nice run. We may not make the playoffs but we will finish strong. Go Rockets!!! Give me your thoughts on my view of the season to ok guys.

8. poseyistheman

poseyistheman Member

The Rockets and Clippers are just about Even as far as how good they are. I think its a close game but in the end the Rockets inside game gets us the win. Go Rockets!!!

9. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Rockets have to start the second half of the season w/ a spark. Which means they have to get this win.

10. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

Rockets beware...they just signed Vin Baker! haha :p

11. liu1107

liu1107 Contributing Member

lol~~ watch out the drunk!

12. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

I AM FIRSTIER THAN EVERYONE

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

STATEMENT GAME

Rocket River

14. ndnguy85

ndnguy85 Contributing Member

well after that butt whooping in phoenix..we need more than a statement.

15. tmac4prez

tmac4prez Contributing Member

Watch out for K-Bo, he is going to light it up again. Side note, he is the most efficient player the Rockets have, what I mean is, production / dollar. He make less than a million a year

16. noize

noize Contributing Member

Watch out for Kaman, he is out to make a statement in this game for the embarassement Yao cause him in the last two game. If Yao can keep him under control, this game is in the bag for us.

17. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Really? I thought they could kill us from beyond the arc on the same end. :rolleyes:

Rockets 111
    Clippers 101

18. inler

inler Contributing Member

i dont know if it was posted but i heard on 610 that stro missed practice today cause of a "hurt ankle". hopefully thats code for he's on his way out.

19. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Umm...NO!

I would much rather have Stro out there than Bowen, or Hayes.

20. Lance Berkman

Lance Berkman Member

You're probably the first person on this board to say that Stro > Hayes.