1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Clippers @ Rockets 12/19/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 18, 2015.

1. Rocketeer4Life

Thank God they finally played Marcus Thornton!

2. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Rockets win by 10 points..DMO scores 10 points go figure heh

3. malakas

malakas Member

Damn I fell asleep and missed the game. I have fallen asleep in all of our best wins this season.:mad::mad::mad:

4. heypartner

heypartner Member

It's settled, then. malakas must fall asleep for the Spurs game on XMas, too.

5. ZJP3

ZJP3 Member

Disagree. Good win. Wasn't perfect, but they more or less dominated a team that has been playing really well, but coming off of a tough game the night before. This is a nice win.

6. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

That actually sucks so bad haha. For me every game is in a great 10.30am-2pm time slot here (Melbourne, Australia).

7. abaker28

abaker28 Member

That was a fantastic first quarter. So much fun to watch.
    Disgraceful by the Clips in the 2nd (in particular), especially by Doc. What was up with him dictating to the ref about the 24 sec violation??
    Glad we got the win. Finally showed some steel. And LOVED the dunk from Howard. Looked like he had a point to prove given recent scrutiny. Hope he plays like that every game!
    Out of interest, was Lawson in attendance?

8. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Lol seriously? You're right. What are they doing being happy about a big win? Jerks.

9. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

You mean, by players actually passing him the ball and he being responsible for Harden playing hard on D?

Quit throwing shade, Khloe.

10. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Great to hear about James' 1st Q effort level. Couldn't watch the game, but followed the score. Was surprised we had a 20+ lead early on. And great we held on with relative ease.

Yeah, expect the West to rise before season's end.

Your previous post said "James has shot poorly and has played bad defense". Then you said he's "doing his job". ---- Those statements don't match.

I agree Howard is no saint and needs to play better, though.

11. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

They played D. Impressive D.

12. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I'm mad that I have to say the same things over and over on this board. James started the season cold yes and he hasn't been perfect he's never been particularly good at defense but he still scores and wins some games for us. Howard hasn't done anything. He can't catch passes, Can't shoot free throws, can't post up, has not been defending that well maybe average but he's supposed to be excellent, all while crying for more touches. If he wanted more touches he would be more aggressive and make some shots. As much as everyone harps on James defense Dwight who is the most paid on the team somehow gets a pass for still not being able to develop a post game or learn how to shoot free throws. We need him to play like he did tonight every night and stop blaming Harden for other players like Lawson, Howard, Brewer, and, Jones who can't seem to get their **** together.

13. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

You're being childish, lol. Quit protecting that big ass baby, Dwight has gotten plenty of touches he doesn't normally play like he did last night so they stop giving him the ball fearing bricks in the post and at the free throw line. It's the same with TY they tried to feature him but he sucked so they had to move away from that. Harden's assists went down because the Rockets are shooting well it's not like he hasn't been passing the damn ball that's not covering for him that's just the truth. You're not going to average 11 assists passing it to Howard who bricks or brewer who turns it over or Lawson who just stares at the basket like it's the boogie man. Quit blaming someone else because Dwight Howard is an undisciplined overpaid baby. Harden has his faults but Dwight Howard is Dwight Howard's fault. He needs to play like that every night not just when he plays an old teammate.

14. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

FIXED

15. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Dwight gets paid more, but we didn't give up any players to get him. Their salaries are a wash when factoring everything. Dwight is still a Top 3 rebounder, is shooting 59% from the floor, and is easily a plus defender. To say "he's done nothing" simply isn't true. And since when can he "not catch? Are you talking about the desperation speedballs thrown by Harden? James was the one bumping about MVP all offseason, then, came into this season underperforming.. sometimes embarrassingly.

16. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

Lol Dwight didn't play like that cause it was against an old teammate.

He played like that cause look how many touches he got early.

You are delusional, Khloe.

17. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I guess we are gonna have to agree to disagree. I hope he doesn't disappear again or you guys will be blaming Harden for not getting the ball to brick Layer Howard, lol. BTW Howard shooting percentage is not 59% from post up moves. He still can't hit free throws and now somehow you agree that Harden passes him the ball but when he does they are so terrible Dwight can't catch it and what about when the passes where from someone else? The Rocket shave been saying for awhile now that they would get Dwight the ball they've been trying Dwight does not show up most game.

18. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Harden wants to play the 1, so yeah, it's on him to feed Dwight. Post ups aren't the only means for Harden to get Dwight the ball.

While propping up Harden (and knocking Dwight), you forgot to mention James' current pace for most TOs in league history ;)

19. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

You seem to think you are in a debate with someone who is trying to put one player vs the other rather I'm saying that each player is responsible for his own faults. You guys are putting Dwight's faults on Harden and I don't think that's fair at all. I already said what Harden does wrong but you conveniently ignored that and only focused on what I said Dwight did wrong. Like I said before anything someone defends Harden you guys think it's some kind of conspiracy. There's no conspiracy I just refuse to blame one guy for the entire team's ****ty play.

20. onreego

onreego Member

So you're mad about the players we gave up for Harden?

Harden isn't perfect but I'm not losing sleep over Martin and Lamb.