1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Clippers @ Rockets 11/9/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 8, 2013.

1. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Thanks. I really don't like it when he plays AI ball, he'll get banged up all the times. Better to pass the ball, get everyone involved, pick and choose opportunities to attack.

2. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Funny joker I see. Might need you do a stand up at the Improv next weekend.

3. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

Because he's not a good 3 point shooter (Though he is somewhat solid from midrange.) Morey Ball relies on the 3-pointer, so that favors Garcia, even if he's having an off night.

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Brewer is also not a good 2 point shooter or a good 1 point shooter.

5. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

It's real sad how Brewer has become so bad offensively. He was quite OK when he was in Utah and he played very well with the Bulls especially defensively. What has happened to him???

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He regressed

7. PatBeverleyFan

Not the players fault we lost. Ball just got sticky.

8. Maknusia

Maknusia Member

McHale need to figure out how to go deep into bench, rather than maintaining 7-8 man rotations.

I'm kinda sadden by the rotation adaption that McHale failed to implement inthe last couple of games.

When we brought DH over, he should have known very well, what were are getting.

DH is huge on defensive end, but he doesnt bring the same impact on offensive end. Both previous teams had failed on that area, and they were frustrated on that end as well. Hack-a-Howard should not come as a surprise at all. This is where McHale need to draw up a better strategy. Our bench is so deep, we have seen them performing during preseason, so what gives now?

TT should only be used for a very short period and surrounded with 3pt shooters like Casspi, Garcia, Parsons and he need to trust some of his bench to be in rotation as well. Else I dont see we are going far this season.

9. Remlap

Remlap Member

I agree with a previous poster that our offense has been slowed by passing down to the post and letting Dwight try and do his thing. He hasn't been very effective scoring in the post either.
    Seems he tries a spin move and A) Travels B) Has the ball stripped away C) Has the ball stripped away. lol
    If we're going to get Dwight involved, I'd rather see more P&R. I've seen us run it several times and DH rolls to the basket but our ball handler doesn't see him open in the lane or get the ball to him. Ball handler usually ends up trying to force in a layup in a crowd of trees.
    Hate to say it, but Stocking & Malone made a living on that play and everyone in the arena knew it was coming. They were so good at it that it became very hard to defend. If you do it right, it works. We don't do it enough, and when we do, we're not looking for the big man rolling down the lane. (Of course it doesn't help that Asik plays like he has oven mitts on his hands). Just sayin'

10. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

This team has no leadership, not from coaching or from players. This is a big problem.