1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Clippers @ Rockets 11/9/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 8, 2013.

1. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Final note for the night... we have plenty of substantive stuff to work on, for sure. But I worry about the intangibles. The grit, the hustle, the heart, the fight -- all that. The guys who come to mind when I think about those qualities are Lin, Beverley and Garcia. I already see some of it in Casspi, and I'd put AB on the list too. No matter how grim the situation looks, they scrap and they scrap and they keep fighting. The problem (IMO) is that all of those guys are role players.

I haven't really seen that same fight in Dwight yet. I've seen less of it in Harden this season so far, but I hope that's because of the seemingly endless string of injuries he's had. Losses are to be expected, but it would be good to see everybody pushing and scrapping all the way to the finish line either way.

2. markusbrutus

markusbrutus Member

Hey carl,

The clips have indeed played two years together. And the key to this is they have discovered which rotations worked by playing them. We will not discover which line ups work for us if we dont even try to play them. Lol

Case in point, out of all the teams that played the game today. We played the least number of playerd with 8. Around 3 teams played with 9 players, and the rest played with 10-13.

Why would this concern me? Harden was day to day. Lin was reportedly with a sore elbow. Couldn't we insert someone else in the line up for a minute or two just.to rest these guys and not expose them to wear and tear?

We had brewer, brooks, dmo, jones, and smith waiting to be called. And we didnt try them out albeit for small minutes to see if they could provide some spark and energy.

How could we know what line ups work if we dont try them?

3. markusbrutus

markusbrutus Member

Well said.

If our role players seems like they want it more than our supposed stars do, we're gonna be in trouble.

4. Phillycheese

Phillycheese Member

Really, you're not Asian? I could swear you're Asian.

5. windwave

windwave Member

If you add the filter by period 3:

Francisco Garcia 1 2.4 0.0 128.7 -128.7
    Omri Casspi 1 3.5 0.0 109.8 -109.8

& by peroid 1:

Omri Casspi 1 5.2 176.5 36.4 140.1
    Francisco Garcia 1 3.5 153.1 0.0 153.1

Byron Mullens 1 1.6 0.0 159.6 -159.6
    Darren Collison 1 2.6 0.0 128.9 -128.9
    Jamal Crawford 1 3.5 0.0 153.1 -153.1
    Reggie Bullock 1 3.9 22.2 168.3 -146.0
    Willie Green 1 1.3 0.0 159.6 -159.6

------------------------------------------------

You can filter the rating of each quarter.

6. Phillycheese

Phillycheese Member

Man, stop it. You're looking foolish. Bev scored 19 with a solid shooting percentage. And he looked confident doing it.

Howard on many forays into the lane does not look like he is expecting a pass. There was one play that was almost comical on a 3 on 1 break and Lin lays a bounce pass right in front of Howard who lets it go for some reason and luckily Bev got the pass and drained a three pointer. There was another turnover by Lin where Howard dd not expect the pass. In the previous game there was a Harden misdirection and pass to Howard who also muffed the pass. Howard has to expect passes coming to him all the time - but that means he has to want the ball too, which to me looks like sometimes he wants no part of a pass in the lane in the second half of games.

7. kastuul

kastuul Member

Harden should rest 1-2 games.

8. roksoer

roksoer Member

that's because Howard doesn't expect passes coming in low, he wants them up high and rightfully so. Only none of our guys have realized that yet

9. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Fools Gold---Casspi and Garcia fits that bill so far. Both have shot the ball poorly in these last two games.

Harden has a bad shooting night as well and didnt attack the rim resulting in 3 freethrows. That is not going to cut it.

5 damn turnovers by Lin.

Howard and Asik suppose to be dominating the boards but tonight Jordan had 18 (7 offense) to there 15.

Don't understand why McHale is not giving Brewer and a few others any burn. Both Lin and Harden were out there playing hurt. AB and Brewer should have played last night.

10. markusbrutus

markusbrutus Member

Those are coaching blunders.

I was actually looking forward for brewer to play abit and see if he could stop reddick.

11. Linobili

Linobili Rookie

seriously Lin should be traded for an aging vet and a couple of second rounders. so this board can stop blaming the substitute and dumb posters/lohs will just follow him to that team.

12. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Last night Howard had 16 points in the 1st half. I thought he was going to at least score 30 but was only able to muster up 5 freaking points. Come on man, earn your freaking pay. You are the Superstar so play like one damnnnnn.

13. 34to11

34to11 Member

Of course.
    It certainly couldn't be that Lin is woefully inconsistent.
    I mean it's not like he has a track record of that or anything.

14. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

\

We making Redick look like a freaking Superstar out there.

15. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Lin was playing hurt last night and out of 7 games this was his only bad game. So what you mean inconsistent. I am not a LOF but good grief yall be on here tripping.

16. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Those are misleading stats, the eyes test shows it totally different. Casppi and Garcia shot a terrible 2-11and 1-7 from behind the arc. Come on now LOL I don't know why yall keep trying to use these so called advance stats. That **** dont always equates to winning or losing.

17. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

Hopefully, D12 is going to play better in the future or he will be the ultimate fool's gold.

18. 34to11

34to11 Member

Funny how you all give him some mystery malady whenever he plays poorly.
    And to say this is his "only bad game" is laughable. Lin has be the model of inconsistency. No longer is it from game to game, now it's from half to half.
    This is the third game this young season where Lin has been impressive in one half and deplorable in the other.
    I'm guessing you haven't seen many of the games this season.

19. Linobili

Linobili Rookie

Im guessing ur a LOH. cuz if not you should be blaming the starters for being sucky that they had to play the bench player.

it really grinds my gears when i see posters make a fool of themselves by beling haters first then basketball fans second.

20. DangerMouse

DangerMouse Member

Fixed.

I just watched the game again and blaming Lin for some momentum change because of 1 turnover at the end of the 3rd is total BS.

We lost the 10pt lead in the 3rd mainly because Paul drew 2 quick fouls on Beverley (deliberately) and we were in the penalty from the 6 minute mark. From there it was a bunch of loose ball fouls that kept sending them to the line. The Garcia blown lay up was laughable. If we are pointing fingers... I would say Harden played like a chump. Beverley, Lin and Parsons from my eye test second time around were easily the best players.