1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Clippers @ Rockets 11/9/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 8, 2013.

1. OpportunityCost

2. yummyhawtsauce

Not really. Sometimes the team is to blame as in, not enough talent surrounding the superstar, or chemistry. So superstar sometimes it not necessarily ranked first.

3. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

Very funny

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Here:
    1)Lin and McHale
    2)Harden
    3)Dwight
    4)Morey and everyone

5. DangerMouse

DangerMouse Member

ROFLMFAO!!!

This is up there with the McHale etch-a-sketch Harden ISO play.

6. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

No, you made it a statement only an idiot would make.

7. Oracle

Oracle Member

Probably because Casspi, Lin and Garcia were still the only players on the Rockets rotation that were on + in the +/- column (8, 1 and 3, respectively). I've noticed that this is a constant feature in the Box Score. Casspi and Garcia are mainly shooting 3 pointers and, therefore, their shooting percentaga varies much more from game to game. The energy level of the bench is just much better. Houston needs to find its way back to the fast beak type of basketball. Stagnant offense is not good for the Rockets.

8. vlee

vlee Member

Well, it can be confusing if the coach yells at you for not running a play, Harden yells at you for running a play, and then McHale just shrugs. It looks like he has no idea what his role is at the end of games. Run a play, Harden-Iso? Either way he gets yelled at.

9. LoLin

LoLin Member

he was still aggressive in the 3rd, which led to the turnovers when he went deep in the paint. I don't blame him for that because I want to see him playing with that aggression. It's his decision to force the pass to Howard in heavy traffic when he should have either taken the shot or dribble out the paint and reset that irked me.

10. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Didn't Miami struggle with the first couple games with their big 3 but by the end of the year they managed to get everything under controlled. No I'm not comparing the team to the Heat.

11. LoLin

LoLin Member

And people were calling for Spolstra's head, too. The Rocket team just needs time to smooth out rough edges.

12. Tommyboys

Tommyboys Member

i think mchales a good coach not like phil jackson or greg popovich but still hes good

13. yummyhawtsauce

I agree. give them more time. i just wish the team shared ball better.

14. Omnipotence

Omnipotence Member

I agree also. Especially love that play where we give it to one man and watch him dribble it for the entirety of the shot clock.

15. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

Just give this team some time. It's part of building process with Dwight Howard coming here. We will get better as the season goes on.

16. Zergling

Zergling Member

As long as we beat teams we "should" beat, I don't really care what happens right now. We ARE going to make a move or two. I don't want to bother obsessing over this current team when it won't exist in a few months.

17. dxdx

dxdx Member

How dare you! :p

its more like:

1) Lin
    2) McHale
    3) Harden
    4) Dwight
    5) Bev
    6) Everyone else

18. New

Mchale: harden, why are you not playing defense.

harden: I am waiting to see how many TOs Lin will have when he comes off the bench. If there are more than 1 TOs, we will lose the game for sure! So why waste my energy?

Mchale: it is at most 6 points difference with 2 TOs. You can do some harden and 1

harden: it is called the momentum killer! Even my superstar powers can not over come that!

19. Cautiously_Op

Cautiously_Op Member

I also think the loss to the Lakers was a worse loss. The team was a mess in that game, and the Lakers is suppose to be a "lesser" team.

In this game, I thought that Bev & Lin did really well together and gave the team a 9 point cushion going into the half. At the beginning of the 3rd, Rivers had his team clamp down on defense and the point differential stagnated without Lin as playmaker, and Harden playing with likely two bad feet (I was already worried McHale was pushing him too hard with 40+ min games). Around the mid 3rd, McHale had the TT going, and had Asik instead of Howard rolling to the basket, which is when Lin coughed up two TOs I think. The second half of the 3rd quarter was a bad rotation sequence I thought McHale did a bad coaching job on.

20. Turboner

Turboner Member

Half of the team plays inspired ball and some players are just walking around on offense/defense. I can understand miscommunication or missed assignments, but I dont think lack of motivation is part of the building process.