1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Clippers @ Rockets 11/9/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 8, 2013.

1. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

Clippers Twin Towers: Deandre Jordan + Griffin works, they control the boards and have a high FG% in the paint.

Rockets Twin towers: Howard + Asik = FAIL

2. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Who attacked you?. The coach needs to hold everyone accountable. I agree.

3. TheBigFive

TheBigFive Member

Harden was resting. Should have had Lin in there. Let him play through his mistakes. He had two bad turnovers in the third... the others were not really his fault.

4. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

But they've played like ass every game.

Twin tower lineup in the 3rd killed our offensive rhythm. And we stopped going to Dwight.

We put ourselves in a 10 point hole just a few minutes into the game, and our offensive rhythm was killed in the 3rd due to them being in together. In the 3rd and 4th, we stopped going to Howard.

That's cause he never gets the ball.

What a ****ty game. That's 7 out of 7 ****ty starts due to the TT lineup.

Harden played decent in the 1st half and did quite well defensively surprisingly. It was obvious he was injured.

Howard was phenomenal tonight. Too bad we didn't give him the ball the entire 2nd half.

Beverly had a career night, 'nuff said. Shut down CP3 through 3 quarters before he picked up some stupid fouls.

Lin played awful, straight up. He was due for a bad game after such a great start.

Asik did decent, but him and Howard just don't work, and it's costing us games.

Parsons played well. Casspi and Garcia are playing like ass. Tough loss. 2nd game in a row we should have won.

5. muas2010

muas2010 Member

I'll keep MY team a secret cause I'll get too much hate on this forum. I followed Lin here but do want the Rockets to progress...

6. herro

herro Member

right now we do not have the horses to compete in the West, much less against Miami or Indiana

7. Grinds

Grinds Member

Our multiple flaws allow us to lose in a multitude of ways. Sometime it's FTs, maybe bad ISO shots, TOs, poor perimeter D, inconsistent O, or coaching. It's like watching the Texans. "If it ain't one thing it's another." Still very early in the season though. Maybe we'll gel better and make the WCs... I'd be happy with that this season.

8. howo13579

howo13579 Member

Lin deserves blame tonight period. He's not the only one but his bad decisions in the 3rd qtr contributed quite a bit for the loss.

9. grauser01

grauser01 Member

I really enjoyed the Lin-Beverly-Casspi-Garcia-Asik line-up! The team was down with -5 and they fought back to +10.

That was great team basketball with great effort in defense and offense.

the rest of the game was horrible.

10. TheLastPope

TheLastPope Member

Collisons D was great , Clip were trapping great against Lin in the 3rd and harden

looked like he shouldnt have been out there in the 3rd, not an excuse for lin or

any other player in the end of the 3rd , but it looked like 4 on 5 with harden

inability(hurt) to move much

11. wolf8grandma

wolf8grandma Rookie

remember the Clippers the heat both have 3 losses I doubt they are complaining and pointing fingers this much we have tor, phil and ny 3 ez wins comin up

12. boiler

boiler Member

I think we have the talents, what's lacing is toughness, basketball IQ and coaching.

13. muas2010

muas2010 Member

True. When you have 5 TOs you have to fess up and take it like a man. However, the hate will still be here even if he continued his hot streak into the second half....haters will always hate.

14. Linobili

Linobili Rookie

well ur boy Bev should avoid taking bs fouls then.

15. wolf8grandma

wolf8grandma Rookie

who do u blame for the 4th Q when it matters...Lin?

16. tmdzc

tmdzc Member

It's all coach's fault! You got so many talent players, but you don't know how to use them at all!

17. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

By that logic, the rest of the team must have contributed "quite a bit" to the loss too, considering we lost by so much.

18. boiler

boiler Member

No it won't.

19. Spyckie

Spyckie Member

One thing I noticed is that the Rockets are consistently taking less shots than our opponents... can someone do an analysis on why is that?

20. jayland

jayland Member

A lot Blake and Deandre's FGs are dunks and easy buckets due to good passing from CP3. Also Blake could at least hit some mid range shots every now and then.

Not so much with Dwight or Asik. We need a stretch four for spacing in order for Dwight to be effective. Stan Van Gundy had a very good blueprint to get the most out of Dwight's talent even if Dwight didn't like or appreciate him.