1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Clippers @ Rockets 11/28/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 27, 2014.

1. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

The Clippers have probably the longest current winning streak against us. It's gotta be something like 6-7 games or so. Chris Paul is a sleazebag on the court, I don't care what he does off of it. Two minutes left in the game if it's close we'll start seeing him flop around on the court as if he were some kind of giant carp.

Needless to say, no matter how crappy they're playing going into our game, they will turn it up just for us. I don't see us winning this one.

2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

on the bright side, we might get to see some nick johnson minutes in the 4th tonite

3. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

LOL!

This made me giggle.

I agree. We will win by 30 :grin:

4. Braunatron

Braunatron Member

Yeah I think its gonna be a rough night. But wouldn't it make sense for Black to guard Griffin and DMo to guard Jordan? I hope this happens.

Also, while I love Bev, he gets killed by Chris Pauls flops every game. Canaan might be able to give him some problems.

Finally, I don't think we win unless we are raining down threes. Hopefully Daniels will get some run in meaningful minutes.

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Deandre Jordan's defense is overrated. I hope DMO gets some post touches against him tonight.

And yeah, like everyone has been saying, Clippers are a problem team for the Rockets. It doesn't matter how terrible they play in previous games against worse teams, they will get up for our game. But, this is a different team, the defense is MUCH improved maybe this game will finally get people thinking that our depth is worth a damn.

6. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

he isn't going to be a star or even close to a starter

he gets picked on way too much

don't think Dorsey has been a failure depending on what you expected

he is just a bench player

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

This I agree with! I wonder who people are comparing Dorsey and Black too. Duncan? Ibaka? How good did you expect them to be? They are getting rebounds and are defending well. Its not like the Rockets are counting on them for points. Admittedly Dorsey wasn't very good initially but I think his defense has been solid since the Laker game.

8. Ghost_of_Akeem

Hopefully Dwight's vagina will be a go tonight, don't see us winning this one without him.

9. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Tonight can get pretty brutal but I think our defense will keep us in it until Harden can bail us out. That's they way we have to win games with Howard, Jones and Beverley out. The JVG route of playing good defense and hoping your star player can catch fire when it matters.

We win if we do two of these things:
    1) Keep the Clippers under 95
    2) We hit at least 12 threes, shooting > 40%
    3) Someone other than Harden score more than 20
    4) Harden scores an efficient 35+

10. Normalus

Normalus Member

Why I have a feeling that DMo will be posterized today? Pap ankle-break guarding Crawford?

11. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

He might be. This would be a tough front court match up even with Howard and Jones. There will be more than a few lobs tonight. Jones and Howard are the only ones with enough lift to seriously interfere.

12. NotChandlerParsons

He's okay in the P&R, but DMo should be able to take him in the post. Shame Dwight is out, this is a good matchup for him.

13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Furthermore, I think Canaan does well tonight against Paul. Canaan has a fearlessness that no one else has besides Harden. When Canaan has the ball in the Offense he doesn't defer to Harden. If he is in a pnr he is actually looking to score or make a play; he isn't coming off a screen looking to pass to Harden.

Deferring to Harden was Lin's main problem. He would cross half court and just pass it off without trying to initiate the offense himself.

14. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

Whats the word on Dwight?

15. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Is Dwight actually going to play tonight?

16. NotChandlerParsons

17. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Not having Dwight will be too much to overcome.....

18. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Dwight Howard, Terrence Jones, Patrick Beverley all are out again tonight.</p>&mdash; ClutchFans (@clutchfans) <a href="https://twitter.com/clutchfans/status/538472949968171008">November 28, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Matt Barnes returns for Clippers, will start.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/538476400835969024">November 28, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

#98 redhotrox, Nov 28, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
  19. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I believe they already said Dwight is going to be out tonight.

This will be a tough one no doubt, but there is always a chance.

I hope they feed Dmo in the post more this game. With his moves he could easily make Blake or Deandre look foolish. He just needs to take his time and finish his moves decisively.

Lets go Rockets! Gets that W!!!

20. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I would love to win but it's going to take a miraculous effort from Harden. And a monster defensive effort on whoever is guarding Griffin.