1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Clippers @ Rockets 11/14/2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 14, 2022.

1. WestendMassive

Did Silas ever have the group? It's every man for himself out there, has been for 3 years now. Nobody listens to him

2. ExTxGS

ExTxGS Member

Fire Silas, and put a trash can instead of him. Trash can will be more succesful then him.

He is 37-118 as a head coach...Unbelievable.

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

you’ve got more patience than me Roomba, because I’m just about done

I can’t take it anymore

Harden’s playstyle was acceptable because he brings results…let him take 18 shots and 15 free throws and he’d have 35+ points with 7 or 8 assists…KPJ can only manage 20 to go along with a measly 3 assists

trying to play like Harden with a fraction of the talent is unwatchable

4. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

I really hope we ship out KPJ along with Gordon. I'd rather let Jalen Green average 5 turnovers a game trying to run the offense. KPJ has had the reigns for long enough for every to see that there is no universe where he turns into a competent point guard. Not only is it frustrating to watch it is also hindering the development of all our players. If all of KPJ and EG's touches went to Green and Segun we'd be FAR better off for the future.

If Ben Simmons wasn't on a monster contract he'd be perfect for this team. Play D and don't shoot. Hell Rafer Alston would be better for this team.

5. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

This team just not good. Really simple. We were bothered by their second unit. Couldn’t defend Morris. We just aren’t long enough or aggressive enough really. Just out played night in night out. Nothing to get upset or be surprised about. The team is just not good. But it will be better next year no doubt.

ramotadab likes this.
  6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

That's not how basketball works. That's not how good basketball works. Even if a player is struggling with his shot you dont stop throwing them the ball. That just compounds the confidence problem. A PG is supposed to have more confidence in you than yourself sometimes.

Also it's not like anybody else is tearing it up.

but I do agree that Jabari needs more hustle points

7. Futron

Futron Member

Welp even a broken clock is right twice a day.
    .And Silas only has 2 wins, so.......... :rolleyes:

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

I doubt he’s even worth a 1st round pick

clutchdabear, PeterKingX and Futron like this.
  9. WestendMassive

The worst thing about how this season has gone is how quickly games are over.

Seems like every opponent racks up a double digit lead in the first quarter and cruises to a W from there

ramotadab and Futron like this.
  10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

The worse team rarely gets the top pick anymore.

ramotadab and Futron like this.
  11. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

If the draw is not rigged, the worst team will get the top pick 14% of the time. 1 in every 7 drafts.

12. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

I’m just about at my limit too, I just try to speak good things into existence because at this point what else can we do. And I can barely summon up any good things to speak at that

ramotadab and Reeko like this.
  13. Reeko

Reeko Member

even if he doesn’t get the shot, at least run some plays where he’s involved so he feels like he’s a part of the team…for long stretches of the game, there is no difference between Jabari and a mannequin

14. Futron

Futron Member

Maybe a late 2nd? :(

ramotadab likes this.
  15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

At least Ivey looks good though :(

Stephen_A and Futron like this.
  16. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

You are right. Its an eye sore to see gordon in there. He doesn’t fit with this team. Too small to play 3. Other players don’t compliment him and vice versa. KPJ stalls and stunts this team’s growth in my opinion. Just futile to play these two. Let JC play let Tari play. Start nix even though hes not a long term solution. Put the ball in greens hands and lets go.

ramotadab, fchowd0311 and Futron like this.
  17. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

You're right. I'm just frustrated our supposedly elite shooting #3 draft pick can't hit open jump shots.

larsv8, DreamShook and Futron like this.
  18. ThrillaNManilla

ThrillaNManilla Contributing Member

KPJ passes to the 1st row more than he does to an open Jabari.

19. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

For those out there that don't believe we'd be better with Scoot HENDERSON...

Re-watch this one a couple of times.

LMAO

clutchdabear and DeBeards like this.
  20. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is the attitude we need our players not to have and it should come from the coach. Move the ball and trust your teammates. There should be zero indecision. Silas has these guys second-guessing everything, and not trusting each other or playing their game. They are all uncomfortable and that is what leads to excessive turnovers. Look at their body language after every turnover. It should be "**** it, next play."

Futron likes this.