1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Celtics @ Rockets 12/14/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Thank you for providing such a perfect example of what is currently the biggest problem in the GARM, in my humble opinion.

2. pistol111847

pistol111847 Member

Not everyone - just the idiots - yes I'm talking ABOUT YOU!

3. TTNN

TTNN Member

apparently coach McHale agree with you too. He did say that Jeremy played very well in Q3, but looks like that is not good enough though to play Lin in Q4, at least that Lin's Q3 is not as good as TD's early part of Q4.....

4. sando

sando Member

LOFs may be overanalyzing McHale's rotations. But they remind me a question: was McHale the real reason that Lowry wanted to leave?

5. ninamu

ninamu Member

Good for U.

6. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

those of you who says Lin should get traded are missing the big picture, we are trying to develop chemistry, let them play

TD is not a long term answer, Lin is. TD is a shooting guard in a PG body, can't pass and dribble, every time he tries to do sth in the half court, he fails, but if he catch and shoot, he is ok. So does Delfino, we need Lin and harden on this team ,they are the only distributor on the team

7. nono

nono Member

If Toney Douglas is not the long term answer, why is he starting to play the whole 4th quarter of every game ?

8. PeppermintCandy

No, you see it is not a good thing when a person's IQ drops when reading inane posts. We should prevent that from happening in the future.

9. gorockets2009

gorockets2009 Rookie

So far, the Harden+Lin Experiment is not looking good. There is only one way for Lin to succeed on this team. If he can not change others, then he has to change himself first. Every time he gets a chance on the floor, he needs to feel like "who let the dog out onto the floor?" Play with fire, being angry, just forget about assists or PnRs. None will set screen for you. Just shoot it! He really needs improve his 1 on 1 game. Simple is better, dont make it too complicate.

Being nice little Christian or playing team basket will not take you to anywhere in this League.

10. Pringles

Pringles Member

Mind my language? Why should I when the guy I quoted assumed all Asians in the lower bowl are only fans for Lin? In fact, when I was back in town during Thanksgiving break, I actually sat in the lower bowl for the Chicago game.

He was being racist, stupid, and ignorant.

Houston has a large Asian population. I will not apologize for being offended by being grouped with Lin only fans. I was born and raised in Houston, and I am a Houston fan first before any players.

1 person likes this.
  11. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

Except Harden played close to 40 minutes as usual, without much rest. Adding PG duty to him is not exactly reducing his load either.

What I like about Lin's game the most, is he's trying hard to find our big guys, as a point guard. It's easy to shoot at will, when you have the ball. But it takes effort and skills to get your teammates involved.

Asik, Smith, and Parsons, they are all beneficiaries of such plays and mentality. It was no coincidence that guys like Jefferies reached his offensive output peak playing alongside Lin.

Look at those 2 outlet passes Lin threw at our big guys to open the game. Who else in Rockets uniform does that purposely and consistently every game? Sometimes I felt that Lin force fed in the paint a little bit too much, but his PG mentality, vision, and skills are nonetheless clear to see.

12. pistol111847

pistol111847 Member

I think he made a lot of sense and you old timers are probably more of a problem than the new people. I honestly think that most of the Lin doubters hardly even watched him last year in NY. Nobody with any basketball knowledge would have been trashing him from the beginning of the year if they had watched him last year. You all should have been thrilled to get him.

13. gorockets2009

gorockets2009 Rookie

LOL, you never know. DG might be the future of this franchise. The missing piece of Harden Dynasty.

14. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Because it worked tonight?

15. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Why would the Lakers want Lin? There is no worse backcourt partner for Lin than Kobe.

16. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

Perfectly put.... but unfortunately that's not going to happen.

Something's gotta give. Lin needs to go.

17. pistol111847

pistol111847 Member

Brilliant!! Tell that to Rondo, CP3, Steve Nash, Magic, Bird, Kidd, Parker, etc., etc, etc.

18. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

I hope Rockets trade Lin somewhere where he become a primary ball handler perhaps a Lakers. He doesn't do well when he doesn't get to handle the ball all the time. It's like asking Steve Nash to stay the f away from Harden and be a spot up shooter...so pathetic. You can't expect someone to shoot well when he's not even get to touch the ball and a part of the offense. There are multiple possessions where he doesn't even touch the ball at all as they move up the court and he's a freaking PG!! How do you expect someone to shoot well when he doesn't get to touch the ball? And when he's cold...you pulled him and sit...so r****ded. This Rockets system is designed to fail for PG like Jeremy Lin. There is no reason for a player to drop 38pts one night and only 10 and 5pts the next. Nothing else to explain other than a system failure or coaching failure.

19. rokit

rokit Member

what about those past games when it didn't?

20. nono

nono Member

Who is to say just playing Lin wouldn't have worked. He was playing well enough before he was benched.
    Is this what we are going to do for the next three years ? Develop Toney ****ing Douglas ?