1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Celtics @ Rockets 12/14/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 13, 2012.

1. torocan

torocan Member

Jeremy Lin

2011/12

TOR (turnovers per 100 possessions) - 21.37
    Assists/bad pass - 3.3
    Passing rating - 13.8
    Hands Rating - 24.4

2012/13

TOR (turnovers per 100 possessions) - 12.99
    Assists/bad pass - 5.8
    Passing rating - 14.1
    Hands Rating - 24.5

His actual ball handling statistics have improved slightly (though harder to judge given how more focused defenses are on him), however his percentage of passes that result in direct turnovers has improved substantially. IE, making substantially fewer bad passes per passing attempt.

2. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

I'm going to throw a thought out there, so please correct me if I'm wrong.

It will be 3 days before Lin returns to play in MSG. This would be his first return to play in the venue which Linsanity was born. This has got to be very emotional for a young player. I didn't believe Hardin when he said that it would be another game when he returned to OKC and I will not believe Lin if he said the same thing. Lin said that his return would probaby be a zoo. MSG is totally sold out for that game.

Just think how Lin played prior to the Knicks game compared to how he played after that game. Parallel that to how Lin was treated during the Mavs game, the game before the Spurs game. I wouldn't be surprise if Lin doesn't play alot in the Raptors game. The Knicks game is the 2nd of a b2b. This may be hard to fathom, but maybe the coaches are "saving" Lin for the Knicks game hoping that he would explode in MSG. He may get his shots back at MSG.

Just a thought.....

3. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

I solute you sir. Now this is a Rockets fan I am talking about, fair and square.

4. Xfinity

Xfinity Member

Same here. I think anyone who is objective would have scratched their head on Lin sitting out the entire 4th Q in this game. Quite frankly there was no justification or rational for it. Lin was not playing poorly nor was he hurt(at least not that I am aware). To sit him for someone else who was not doing any better if not worse when you have financially invested in Lin make little sense, and you should not have to be a Lin only fan to notice that.

5. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

And I'm quite happy with the win. You're just assuming I'm not.

I'm glad Harden, Parsons, Asik and Smith were a big part of it, not glad someone that is easily replaceable and who doesn't figure to be part of the team's long-term plans played over someone who should be, and have played better than him throughout the game.

I would've been happy for Jones and DMo to get some burn when the Celtics waved white flag, but they were already sent down to DLeague.

6. roxxy

roxxy Member

Pretty much. What are you a child. That the opinion of a few people on an internet forum can change your feelings on something that easily. Nonsense. If that was all it took then you were likely never high on him in the first place. You don't have to like everyone on the team but still support them. I am not fond of Patterson at all but I still support the hell out of him when he does something nice. And I am incredibly honest about why I don't like Patt, because of his on court stuff. Stick to basketball reasons for not liking somebody, this his fans make me hate him is childish. Just a few thoughts.

7. TTNN

TTNN Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Na...the coaches aren't that smart. This is the game they will let TG finish the 2nd and the whole 4th quarter. It will leave MSG buzzing with what the hell just happened.:grin:

9. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

Honest bit of advice. I'm not going to take the time to look at your post history but when posters see newer people complaining about Lin, especially after a win, it wears thin. It also calls that person's loyalties into question.

Further, the SA game was a great game. But it doesn't really PROVE that Lin's first few games weren't a fluke. I understand your frustration because I'm guessing that you did join to follow Lin, which is FINE. Now he's getting inconsistent playing time and being criticized.

My advice is to hang in there. But drop into threads that have nothing to do with Lin. Make friends! It's hard to "trash and ignore" a friend.

Keep truckin':cool:

10. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

It is pretty short-sighted to overjoy over 1 or 2 wins, IMO. Rational discussion should always be welcome because it is certainly much rare here than those personal attacks and shouting.

11. Exel

Exel Member

Great post. Well said.

12. TTNN

TTNN Member

yeah, totally

[​IMG]

13. nono

nono Member

Douglas also lost Rondo for a couple of times during that quarter leaving him wide open for jumpers that he made. Had Lin done that he would be benched. Yet McHale and Sampson want us to believe he is a defensive juggernaut.

14. instar

instar Member

thanks! good to know.

15. D-rock

D-rock Member

What kind of Rockets only fan roots against one of his own players??? Deserved or not, I wish only the best for every Rocket, for as long as they are a Rocket.

Does not mean we cannot criticize but to openly root against a player on your own team is insanity.

16. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

Haha...you're giving the coaches too much credit. Your theory requires brain work :p

Lin's confidence is diminishing every day, not by how he plays but by how the coaches treat him. He'll be a no show in New York at best.

17. instar

instar Member

I guess it's a small payback what rondo did to lin last year, but i LOVED it.

18. pistol111847

pistol111847 Member

We shouldn't be surprised that Mchale pulled Lin for Td in the 4th Q tonight. This is from an ESPN article about last year's Celtics game:

.."Kevin McHale is back on the Rockets bench following the devastating news of his daughter's death. He is facing his old team as an opposing coach for the fourth time, having gone 1-1 with the Timberwolves and 0-1 with the Rockets, a 97-92 OT defeat last season most memorable for McHale benching his leading scorer (Kevin Martin) while the Celtics erased a fourth-quarter deficit.""

If the Rockets had lost they would say the same thing about Lin being benched. They were fortunate tonight but haven't been so lucky with this strategy?? in the past.

19. conquistador#11

so this is was what a rockets game on tv looks like? I had almost forgotten.

20. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

That's definitely a pass.