1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between Luka and the Mavs and Shai and the Thunder. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Celtics @ Rockets 10/24/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 24, 2021.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

DD with the classic reverse jinx for the culture. When DD comes out and says his favorite player on the team is Sengun then you worry.

2. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Gordon needs to play because he has by far the most value as a trade piece. Gordon + Theis to a desperate playoff team for a 1st round pick and contract fillers would be a great trade.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if this is exactly the type of trade that the Rockets make with the Lakers at some point. They are in desperate need of floor spacers and any kind of functional big man after all.

3. VanityHalfBlack

ROTY, I called it before the season started. Yes he dunked on Tatum.

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  4. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Fun game! These are the games I expect from this team this season. Compete. Develop. Put the NBA on notice. Add another top 5 draftee to this core and then watch the Dynasty unfold. Good times ahead!

conquistador#11, Caesar, ArtV and 6 others like this.
  5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  6. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I think he may be streaky. As quick as he gets that shot off there is not a lot defenses can do. They are already throwing him and KPJ all over the floor with no consequences from the refs.

clos4life, amaru and xtruroyaltyx like this.
  7. bmelo

bmelo Member

I mean the whole formula for passing is making easy pass. but you have to have good eyes/vision to find it everytime. Sengun has good eyes and is tall enough to see more angles that's why he looks amazing even though he makes simple passing

8. Jontro

Jontro Member

missed the game. everyone seems in a celebratory mood, did we win?

J.R. likes this.
  9. cheke64

cheke64 Member

This team can't overcome Theiss, House, and KPJ 5+ turnovers a game.

Theiss needs about 5 mins a game and House none.

Bo6 likes this.
  10. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

You nailed it. Props.

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

You had me at Green's 30... then you kept going. Either way... very accurate prediction!

12. marky :)

marky :) Member

I knew Jalen had hops but those two dunks were insane. I actually don't mind his defense as he puts in the effort to defend. He occasionally loses his man by ball watching but those things he'll overcome through experience.
    Been a while, but pretty excited about watching Rockets games...even if we lose.

13. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

He doesnt have to over play him though that actually ruins his trade value.

14. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

This is 2021-22. We win by losing. Double win when we lose and we see promise in the rookies. Triple when the Nets lose.

Last night was the trifecta

#1154 ArtV, Oct 25, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2021
  15. TimDuncanDonaut

First half, Tatum and Green shot efficiently for each team. Thought Theis and other Rocket defenders did a decent defensive job on Tatum, he just hit tough shots. Jalen was very efficient with his 3's so first half was close.

Difference seems to be 2nd half, when Schroder and Horford had their way with the Rockets. Rockets had to resort to fouls more. Hope the team review to see what can tweaked. From KAT, to Horford, who apparently still have some in the tank. I'm really iffy on our defense when against other team's competent front court. Be it defensive strategy or seriously consider giving Garuba a spin on certain match-ups. (Don't just wait for garbage time). Use him some, before sending him down to G-League.

Rockets: foul by quarters: Q1=2, Q2=4, Q3=8, Q4=6
    Celtics free throws points: Q1=0/0, Q2=3/4, Q3=9/10, Q4=4/6

By the numbers

* Overall net rating for team: Rocket was positive in Q1. Negative in Q2 and Q3. Q4 was mostly a wash.
    * Hustle was about even for both teams. Screen assisted points, Deflections, Box outs, Loose ball recovery.

----
    11 players played, but Rockets used essentially a 9 man rotation;
    Tate/Wood/KPJ/Green all 35 min+

For the rookies, hope they're getting used to the NBA schedule. Getting rest and treatment on time. Get their bodies adjusting to the NBA schedule.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]