1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutchfans Game Thread: Cavaliers @ Rockets 2/26/2009

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

2. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

Win
    101-99

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Wow quite early on this one, haha. Big game ahead. Hopefully the refs dont ruin it by taking away Yao or giving LBJ the calls. I have faith that we can pull this one out.

4. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

WIN WIN WIN. I don't think we can stop LBJ but try to shut down everybody else. He is not gonna beat us alone.

5. getdwade2010

getdwade2010 Member

this game is gonna prove how good we are against a title contending team..even though i think Lebron can't be stopped..

6. Mornin'Call

Mornin'Call Member

its time ,Yao!

120-87 win! :mad:

7. 1amTiGeR

1amTiGeR Member

97 - 93, Rocket win

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Watch out for flopping in this game. Cleveland got some good ones at it. I hope the refs catch it and more importantly call it.

9. Kracka0476

Kracka0476 Member

They'll start talking about us if we beat the Cavs.

10. airbulllard

airbulllard Contributing Member

Aaron brook's record as a starter this year?

9-1!!

and the 1 loss was the spurs game where we blew the huge lead in the end.

AB, let's keep it rollin!!

11. CarlLandry14

CarlLandry14 Member

The Cavs are a different team with DeLonte West in the lineup. I think Battier (mainly Artest) matchup well vs. LeBron. Aaron has shown time and time again that he can handle the like of Mo Williams. And if not, Lowry has stepped in nicely the past 2 games, and if he ever learns how to work with Yao, we could hae two VERY young and talented PG's on our hands. Varajao vs. Scola is gonna be a flop fest. What worries me is that Ilgauskas can draw Yao outside with his abiity to shoot the midrange jumper with efficiency and that will leave the aint wide open for early Scola foul trouble with a penetrating LeBron. If Yao can get Big Z in foul Trouble early than I think the game is all Rockets. But If Yao has to leave the paint to cover Z with the ball, then look out for LeBron cuts and Scola fouls. I hope Landry is ready. And I think Brooks can hold his own against a PG like Mo Will. Delonte scares me because he is quick and you HAVE to cover him outside the 3-point range. He will kill you. Also Sczerbiak. But I think overall, the Rockets hae a great chance of winning this game, but I see Scola getin hit with cheap fouls on LeBron drives and Varajao flops. Carl needs to get healthy. But even without a win, thhe Rockets are a contender and a force to be reckoned with. ESPN.COM had a thread that had Blazers fans just busting the Rockets chops and saying how Roy was gonna have 40 and Rockets would lose by 10. We need more rocket fans in those forums.

Always open to questions, comments, and suggestions.

----Blizzle

12. nycundaground

nycundaground Member

I hope Charles hasn't gone to jail yet. But he should go to jail after this one.

13. airbulllard

airbulllard Contributing Member

hook it up with prison link, a la 'arenalink', with charles behind bars. let me get his insights on this game.

14. Charles Jones

Charles Jones Member

[​IMG]

RON BATTIER > LBJ23

15. ind0fo0

ind0fo0 Contributing Member

Biggest. Game. of. the. Year.

AND Charles Barkley won't be there to bash us! :p

16. JayRow

JayRow Member

[​IMG]

I think we have this one. We should've won the last one in Cleveland, despite playing 5 on 7. We match up better with the Cavs than any other team in the league. Let's go rox.

17. waihh

waihh Contributing Member

Yao will have 15 points, 20 boards, and 8 blocks. Rockets win!

18. Roddimus

Roddimus Member

I dont think anyone will talk anymore about us if we do win this game. If the names Kobe, LeBron, KG, Pierce or Howard arent mentioned no one cares unfortnately. But that doesnt really matter, what matters is that we win and keep on keepin on. GOOOO ROCKETS!!!

19. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Let's hope Big Z is having an off game. If he's hitting those outside shots, drawing Yao away from the paint, we will be screwed.

Let's also hope that Artest/Battier will be able to hold LeBron to under 30 points.

If both of those things happen, we might win. 98-94 Rockets.

If we don't, we will get crushed. 106-86 Cavaliers.

20. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

The Rockets will be fine. Their defense is a lot better now than earlier in the season. I dont expect Cleveland to shoot as well against the Rockets as they did the first time when the defense simply wasn't there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.