1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Cavaliers @ Rockets 2/1/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 31, 2014.

1. phantoman

phantoman Contributing Member

I think you have to look at the balance of the roster, the champsionship team of the lakers had a derek fisher who wasnt a score, however he was clutch. You dont need everyone to score a ton. Beve's D fits well with both Lin and Harden. which is why you need him in the starting. Lin constantly gets worn down as a starter from the mins and chasing players all over the place.

if lin was to start then he should get subbed out early for Beve and stagger his min with Harden so he can have more time with the second unit.

2. Rocknation

Rocknation Member

lol. funny stuff

3. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Unbelievable.

4. qiantom1999

qiantom1999 Rookie

Always out there in the crunch time? You obviously do not care about speaking facts. Later.

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Bev stole the assist from Lin. :mad:

6. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

As has been discussed in other threads, neither lin or beverly "should" be a starting PG on a championship contender. But since we don't have one of those players right now, we have to make with what we have. If lin can continue to do this for another 3-4 games consistently,(not a tripple double, just putting up good numbers as he has been doing) then i will change my mind and say Lin should start. I just don't think he is consistent and aggressive enough every game to start.

My biggest thing is our bench sucks, lets just be honest. There's a huge drop off from our starting 5 and our 2nd team. We don't have ANY real scorers there. So why put beverly, someone who clearly isn't a scoring PG, in there with other non scorers? It just makes more sense to have Lin in there so 1. He can be the primary ball handler 2. He can score however he wants without having to worry about harden. I think thats what everyone needs to understand. Lin NEEDS to be on the 2nd team for this team to work right.

7. kakaman

kakaman Member

I'm just glad Jeremy wasn't photoshopped as the Yellow Ranger

8. ross84

ross84 Contributing Member

It's true.

9. zdrav

zdrav Member

I think people are mainly worried about the perceived lack of respect that Lin would receive as a "bench player." A definite hierarchy does exist in the NBA, except for the exceptions like Manu and maybe Jamal Crawford. Hopefully, posting a triple double will help maintain and build his reputation while being a "bench player."

There was also the legitimate concern that Lin wasn't actually a 6th man but just another Casspi-like bench player who would only get 25+ minutes if one of the starters was really struggling or if he was really hot.

I've said this before, but as a big Lin fan, I'd much rather have Lin be a 6th man on a contender than a starter on an irrelevant team.

Only problem is that Lin's success came at the expense of Parsons. There have already been numbers that have shown that Parsons' efficiency plummets when Lin is on the floor. Maybe the problem isn't Lin-Harden or Lin-Bev, but Lin-Parsons? :confused:

10. Rocknation

Rocknation Member

well said. but against the thunder, i can't see justifying starting Bev, when you need someone like Rondo or Lin to challenge Curry or Parker or westbrook.

Fisher was never elite, but his scoring and shooting was better than Beverley. And yes Fisher was clutch in his prime. Beverely has yet to prove any of what Fisher has provided the Lakers

11. sleepyazn

sleepyazn Member

Dude Rockets won, do you really got to start this man?

12. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not Harden since he had a record in this game of moving the ball, and not ISOing.

13. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG]
    They promised him popcorn.

14. Toonrox

Toonrox Member

Lol, I agree... On a night Lin got his triple double, people are still nit picking.

15. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

LOL, that Fat Lever guy did it 3 times in one season! YOu'd figure he'd get more playing time at some point.

16. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

The intimation is that he did something wrong. If I'm reading it the wrong way, OK.

17. torocan

torocan Member

That's actually incorrect as that list has players with multiple appearances.

IF you sort it by name, you'll see that there's actually only 16 players on that list, making Lin the 17th player.

http://www.basketball-reference.com...t=mp&c4comp=lt&c4val=29&order_by=pts#stats::4

Gotta watch that with BBReference as it doesn't screen for repeat performances (like Larry Bird's 3x).

18. ross84

ross84 Contributing Member

No man, I'm not a huge Lin fan or anything but everyone was raving about how unselfish Beverley is, when I really don't see that.

19. YYYY1313

YYYY1313 Member

Shouldn't Jeremy be the Blue Ranger and Parsons Pink Ranger =P

20. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Was at the game tonight. Fans were kind of weak, nt I think we all were expecting a blowout.

Once Cleveland tied it up in the 2nd half I was begging for McHale to sub in Jeremy Lin. I'm glad he made the adjustment. The bench was the most important factor to tonight.