1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Cavaliers @ Rockets 11/9/2017

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 9, 2017.

1. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

**** Lin. Gtfo you're a harden fan first, not even a rockets fan.

SIL

swyyyguy likes this.
  2. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Don't forget the kick to Brons nuts. LeBron should've gotten out of his way. Little b**** ass Bron.

SIL

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

I wonder if the media regrets claiming that they would be Golden State’s biggest challenge. GS will have no problems defending that ISO offense, and their Big 3 can’t be consistently efficient.

Deuce likes this.
  4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

5. j@amc

j@amc Member

Good to get the win with a short handed bench. I have to think Harden's minutes will improve in a couple of weeks. . .

Of course, I think the real trick is managing Ariza's minutes (and shooting). As teams make the adjustment and start to throw more attention at Clint, Ariza is going to have create shots. He's not open simply standing at the 3-point line. Two dribbles, though, and the court breaks wide open. But that's just not his game. Last night, he was 2 of 10 when uncontested. On D, he didn't really stop anyone.

Clint had 71 touches (2nd on the team) in his 31 minutes. I still think we need a way to get him the ball closer to the rim that's not off a PnR. He's being asked to catch the ball in a ton of traffic. . . It was great to see him have a scorer's mentality 5 to 8 feet from the rim.

The tracking stats show that Tucker only had 9 chances for offensive rebounds and he got 6 of them. That's winning basketball.

6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I hope Chris Paul will come back soon, and play some great ball with Harden. They should try to convince Lebron to join the Rockets.

7. j@amc

j@amc Member

Well, I ran the numbers and there's great news and bad news.

Great news: In the month of November, Harden IS making shots at this incredible rate. I wasn't sure about this stat but it is true. Here's the link. If someone can make this into a shot chart (or string the video together), I'd appreciate it.

Bad news: Harden's 4th quarter 3-point shooting this month. Now granted, he hasn't been needed in every 4th quarter, but he's only 1-8 so far (1-5 last night against Cleveland, 0-1 Utah, 0-2 New York).

I don't have access to a historical database, so I'll have to take your word about the overall context of his performance.

8. saleem

I like Ariza, but I think he is getting a bit redundant on D. Is Robert Covington better than him skill wise on both ends of the floor?
    A 4/3 like Crowder or Jamychal Green would be a nice addition. That may not be possible, but another PG who can shoot and play some D would be really nice.

9. saleem

Nene is still a beast! And the kid Capela showed some really good shot blocking. That was very welcome.

Remlap likes this.
  10. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

So you say there's no way we win a playoff game like this.......

Then proceed to give examples of what the Rockets did........

Examples of things that win playoff games......

The stupidity of people on this board at times really astounds me.

Drogba likes this.
  11. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Cavs became the first team since the '93 Mavs to allow 112 points in ten consecutive games.

Mavs finished 11-71

12. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

This isn’t a false statement.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is right that the Playoff games are a tad more difficult. More officiating, maximum Time Outs will be taken. Everything slows down like it's Frozen.

Cavs dun look very good on D. I am sure they will make the Playoffs and IT can help them immensely but Championship and Finals?!

14. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Kerr's already ridiculed the notion of having to guard RWB. He's too easy. For Kerr, Spurs healthy and Rockets healthy are toughest. Best believe that.

Only RWB can be a MVP and avg 10+ assists but make NO ONE better. NO ONE.

****, they leave his team. And yes small sample size, but now look at sabonis, Oladipo, and Kanter.

Harden got robbed. I like not being in the spotlight though.

SIL

yixiixiy likes this.
  15. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

A win is a win.

But I really wish it was more convincing than bobble ball towards the end.

saleem and swyyyguy like this.
  16. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

I think what @davidxhz is saying is that we won’t win playoff games playing with no energy and jacking up threes. He’s saying we were able to win tonight due to lucky offensive rebounds and lucky turnovers by the Cavs that we can’t expect to have in the playoffs, thus we would lose this game in the playoffs.

17. rockets13champs

If ur wondering

Rockets #2 offense
    #12 defense

Pistons 9 and 9
    Warriors 1 offense 10 defense

Killatron 2000 and Fullcourt like this.
  18. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Anyone have that clip of Ariza locking up Lebron?

19. riko

riko Member

You need to go back jenny lin.net lin troll