1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Bulls @ Rockets 11/21/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 20, 2012.

1. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Team before player. I know that sucks for insufferable super hypersensitive LOF's but to bad.

2. pistol111847

pistol111847 Member

He probably IS the best point guard but NOBODY in the league deserves to be demoted because of one game. And don't give me the crap about how all 12 games have been bad - the stats (rebounding, steals, blocked shots, assists) will prove you wrong.

3. seahawk

seahawk Member

And Ty Lawson has 0pts playing 35 mins against Heats the other day.
    So send him to D-league?

4. crash5179

I prefer winning games. And I don't think just because we move Lin to the bench that he is no longer salvagable. IMO leaving him on the floor to get torched is a lot worse than moving him to the bench.

5. roxxy

roxxy Member

Wow. Douglas thinks good defense just means getting close and physical. It just makes it so much easier to be faked out. Douglas does a lot of boneheaded things out there on the defensive end.

6. crash5179

I would pull a quarterback for not being ready for the league. Hell even John Elway played behind Gary Kubiak for a time when he was not ready to start. Aaron Brooks sat for years before he was ready to start and now he is an MVP type player. So to answer your question, Hell yes I would set him if he was not ready to start.

7. pistol111847

pistol111847 Member

So it was good for the team to pull your starting PG for the whole OT? How about bnching him against Detroit and Utah?? That hurt the team AND the player. We would probably have 2 more wins now if not for Sampson.

I don't disagree with Lin being benched tonight - he obviously was playing poorly.

8. crash5179

Yes it was good because Lin was getting lit up like a christmas tree on one end of the court and not capable of contributing on the other end.

9. Grace33

Grace33 Member

This is the first time i leave a message here.
    I remembered J-Lin ask his fans to root for Huston Rockets during his Asian tour this summer.
    While it made me feel sad for him since there're so many nagative comment about him.
    From NY Knicks' fan favorite to H Rockets' newcomer(Or should i say outsider), maybe it is too much for asking to root for a player that have not prove anything in H yet. But how about showing a little bit support??
    We all know how negativity could destroy a man...
    I wish H Rockets all the best & happy for the good performance of every players who play well for the team.
    Even though with growing pain, my little hope is that J-Lin may grow with this young tean just fine and build the bromance with his teammate just like in NY and someday the Rockets fan could also embrace him with their whole heart.
    This is the same loyal guy who will dedicate himself to his own team and serve his teammate and embrace his fan with his whole heart.
    Hope J-lin can play the basketball with smile and confident just as before soon.
    Now i will just be patient and time will tell...

10. IronicMan

IronicMan Member

So you want draft pick in the 13-14 range, because I believe that's the team's absolute ceiling barring any major trade. OK.

11. OremLK

OremLK Member

And Lin is a WAY better help defender, who just plays smarter in general on the defensive end. TD may have an edge against ballhogging iso-maniacs like Nate Robinson, I'll grant you that.

12. 34to11

34to11 Member

Here are some of the many rationalizations I've seen from you and your apologist ilk for Lin's under-performance:

• Bad, possibly racist, coaching
    • Poor offensive sets
    • Lingering injury
    • Insufficient support from team and organization
    • Shaken confidence
    • Team foolishly putting wins over Lin's comfort and development
    From what I've seen, none of them hold water.

No matter how hard you dig for excuses and alibis, sooner or later you are going to have to accept the fact that Jeremy is what he is, not what you hoped him to be.
    The kicker is it won't be anyone here that will drive that point home for you, it will be Jeremy Lin himself.

By the way, in case you haven't noticed, the process has already begun.

13. crash5179

OK so you want to play Lin now because he gives us a better chance of losing and getting more ping pong balls in the lottery. OK well thats all you had to say.

14. pistol111847

pistol111847 Member

AND he is an xcellent defensive rebounder - look at the stats. He is an all around smarter and better defender than TD.

15. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

Now you are putting words into mouth. I'm in no way saying that the whole organization should bow to Lin and pull out all stops for him. Your preconceived notion that all Lin fans are alike are clouding your comprehension of my point. I'm not saying this should all apply to Lin. It should apply to ASik, and harden the three key acquisitions the rockets have acquired Regis off season to build their FUTURE. If ASik is struggling as Lin is, then they need to do the same.

I see the purpose of this season as a developmental year .. Where we care more about giving our young players the vital experience to become a powerhouse of the future. We are not the win now or fail Knicks, Lakers, heat, celtics.

So I feel that as long as you have made a significant financial commitment, you need to see what I have. That means having to play young players thru some bad stretches. And I'm not talking about tonight's game where I see that he needed to rest. I'm taking about multitude of other instances where Lin or even ASik was pulled inexplicably.

If Lin continues to play like this then they should get rid of him at the end of the season - but not before giving him a chance to compete.

1 person likes this.
  16. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

I'm a Lin supporter and I'm disappointed in his play tonight. He had a crappy game tonight but it shouldn't define him. Just like the Miami game shouldn't define him all last season. I'm happy the team won especially at home, but moreso happy for T.D. He deserves the kudos.

I really don't know what is going on in his head right now. The person who knows is Lin himself. I can't even speculate if it's physical or psychological. Before Linsanity erupted, Lin was probably at his lowest point. Not knowing if he would be cut again or even play in another NBA game again. Lin needs to find that fire again within himself and needs to "tune out the noise". Personally, I wish he would decline any media interviews and concentrate on the game. It seems what is going on right now is Linsanity in reverse and not in a good way.

I believe Lin has the support of his team mates. He'll figure it out and will be fine. I'm still rooting for him and the team and it's so early in the season to make any rants. I'll make it when the season ends.

17. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

Obviously your minds made up about him and I don't fault you for it. His last two games have indeed been putrid.

However some of us still think he can come back to form with time. And If we are wrong then so be it. But only time will telll. Until then we agree to disagree.

18. 34to11

34to11 Member

It's the truth.
    The myth is that J Lin is an "elite" defender.

19. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

You are wrong. All players get benched sometimes. And sometimes benching a player motivates that player to work harder to improve. Lin is getting most of the minutes, and that will probably continue. But you guys are going crazy every time Lin gets taken out for a rest or any other reason. The coach makes decisions during the game that some fans won't agree with, but he's making the decisions he feels he needs to make to win the game. You can't expect a coach to not try to win a game. The constant second guessing has become ridiculous. The fact that Lin continues to start games and get big minutes is proof that the Rockets are supporting Lin even though he has played horrible.

I like Lin as a person, and I still think he can be a terrific player. But, because of the attitude of all the new Lin fans at Clutchfans, I'm starting to wish the Rockets had never signed Lin. And that's sad because I was so very excited when Lin first became a Rocket.

20. pistol111847

pistol111847 Member

So what is your point?? TD has been just horrible the whole season and has played way more minutes than he has deserved. His PER is the lowest on the team. Are you also saying he should be starting because of one game?? LOL