1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Bulls @ Rockets 11/21/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 20, 2012.

1. seahawk

seahawk Member

This game is to develop Tony Douglas. Too bad for Lin.
    Lin, shake this one off and prepare your battle for Knicks.

2. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Why because it's Lin? :eek: Oh my, don't dare say anything other than Jeremy Lin is the best basketball player on the plannet! All his issues are related to system and coaching! It's clearly Sampsons fault Jeremy can't hit water if he fell out of a boat!

WAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

Please. There is nothing wrong with going to the D-League to work on your game and there is likely not another starter in the League with a more desperate need to work on his game.

I'm more concerned with the Rockets winning games than hurting someones feelings by speaking the truth. JLin needs to work on his game somewher besides an NBA court. Right now Raymon Felton is playing about a 100 times better than JLin and he is making Steven A Smith look like a basketball genious.

3. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

LOF- "Lin is doing horribly...the coaches suck, hurting Lins potential lets change coaches!"

GTFOLOFs

4. rocketlauch

rocketlauch Member

It's basically to win each game at all costs, which for the youngest team in the league, is not necessarily the best course of action. He's an assistant coach praying that one day he gets a chance to become a head coach...a resume with a winning record will help his chances.

5. roxxy

roxxy Member

Dishing out 10 assists on a team where nobody else can create there own shot outside of Harden is impressive. You can critisce his FG% sure but he still had a solid game getting into the paint at will & setting his teammates up for high % shots. His decision making was on point that game ask Kobe if you don't believe me he said it himself. The offense was ticking with him out there against LAL, tonight not so much.

6. tkrieger

tkrieger Member

Unlike the Portland game, I had no problem with Sampson benching Lin. (It pains me to say this, I'm here because of Lin.) Lin has had poor games before, but this time, it seemed like his head wasn't in the game. He was making decisions that were head scratchers. And tonight, our best PG was TD.

I hope this was a one-game thing, not a meltdown. The fact the Rockets won might take some of the pressure off.

7. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

Yeah this forum is definitely negative. Instead of great game chandler and harden Had we just bash a player. Why is that ?

8. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

Winning is always the most important thing especially when it's the 11th game of the season.

9. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Not like this. I was here during the Yao/Tmac era(with my previous account which was suspended for cussing) and none of those guys were hated by the fans like this whenever they had a bad game. This is on par with when Yao was destroyed by Boozer in that playoff sereis.

But the team won, shouldnt we be happy?

10. booster rocket

Good question Solidz75. I say Play all of them till they are writhing on the floor. Heck, it makes ALL the fans happy that they see not only their 'stars' on the floor all the time, but also the championship devotees will get their top 3 draft pick next year with the worst record in the NBA.

11. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Why because it's not the truth you want to believe. And yes being a hypersensitive LOF does make him a troll. He is not interested in a Rockets win, only whinnning because Sampson pulled Lin out of the game.

Absolutely nothing Trollish about me saying that Lin needs to go to the D-League to develope his game and regain his confidence.

12. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Free Rafer Alston!

13. TTNN

TTNN Member

TD had a great game, happy for him.

Just wish Sampson could trust Lin the same way he trusted TD, support Lin the same way he supported TD. TD played great under Sampson, made mistakes in previous games, but still got the trust, and under our eyes, we can see wonders with coach's trust and support.

Only wish Sampson could do the same to Lin.

14. rockets137

rockets137 Member

To All Lin fans,

I am a Lin fan as well, but when our idol's playing badly. We have to
    1. admit to our self, he is playing badly (stop the delusional thinking)
    2. stop the denial (blaming his injury---this one is the most pathetic excuse ever, blaming coaches, blaming the tactic, blaming the sun rises in the morning, blaming the star and the moon.
    3. accept the fact
    4. and what you can do only hope for the best in the rest of his games

1 person likes this.
  15. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

I can't believe I left out Kevin Martin & Jordan Hill!

16. roxxy

roxxy Member

Honestly Friday is going to be a really interesting game. I want to see how Lin plays & I want to see how Sampson coaches. Lin isn't playing well right now but honestly Sampson isn't helping him he says one thing but his actions can be suspect.

17. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Thats incredibly stupid, just because he laughed at your idea of sending Lin to D league, doesnt mean he thinks Lin is the best basketball player. You can't be this shallow so the only explanation is you are trolling, why go from one extreme to another?

18. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

No but sampson's mistake was taking Lin out in the first quarter when he was off to a good start with 2 solid assists and a great driving layup. If he is going to sit Lin after a bad play, then he should reward Lin with more minutes when he does well, especially he has been struggling to find his rhythm and confidence this season. After he came back, he was out of rhythm again.

Look I'm not gonna excuse lins play the last few games, but this coaching staff is nor providing him with support and environment conducive to his development as a player.

19. pistol111847

pistol111847 Member

I fundamently disagree with "coach" Sampson. He is ruining Lin's confidence. It is obvious just looking at him that his confidence is shot. It was not like that before Sampson started yanking him when he was playing well.

20. Mr. Space City

[​IMG]