1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutchfans Game Thread: Bucks @ Rockets 8/2/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Aug 1, 2020.

1. supastevefoo

supastevefoo Member

2. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Couldn’t be happier.....just a realist in knowing this small ball won’t end the 25 year drought to making the Finals. Celebrate and feel good about regular season wins to the max!!!

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

Realist. Nah I wouldn’t call it that

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

not close to the same thing

Giannis does it in transition and in the half court...he does it on almost every drive...if a defender is in front of him, he is plowing right through them often with the use of an elbow near the face...the refs will often reward him with a foul as the defender has no chance because guarding him closely results in an elbow to the face, a push to the floor, and/or a foul...

D-rock and fckbandwagons like this.
  5. fckbandwagons

fckbandwagons Member

You spelled clown wrong

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

Harden would’ve had like 15 assists tonight if PJ and others were hitting their shots

Did Harden explode offensively against this Bucks defense? No. They clog the paint, so he doesn’t get many layup attempts, and he just can’t hit from 3 against them. However, he can still kill them if guys make the wide open shots he generates against Milwaukee’s defense. Will Harden drop 40 on them? No, unless he’s unconscious from 3 or they commit a bunch of stupid fouls. Can he get 10+ assists easy on them to go along with 20 something points? Yes, without question. Russ has an easier time against this Bucks defense.

bro2044, Roomba, Richie_Rich and 8 others like this.
  7. HoustonTexas

HoustonTexas Member

he made the right play. Got people wideee open shots. We’re gonna have to make them

8. CXbby

CXbby Member

For those saying small ball won’t get you a championship, which 7 footer was available that will take us to the championship? Cuz Capela ain’t it.

hakeem94, Mr. Dominant and D-rock like this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

This is how a punk responds to adversity.

10. TimDuncanDonaut

Giannis was in his feelings, because Malika Andrews wrote a critical piece on him at the time. She was covering the midwest NBA teams . Now getting lot of national exposure.

D-rock likes this.
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Even worse then.

You do not let a beautiful woman see that you are a crybaby pissant.

don grahamleone likes this.
  12. D-rock

D-rock Member

Houston's thesis is based on three pillars: win the 3-point battle, the free-throw battle and the turnover battle. Everything else is immaterial if they just own those three categories. In service of those goals, they have eschewed the center position entirely. Not only does that give them more shooting, but it takes their worst ball-handler off of the floor to help limit turnovers, and it allows them to switch every screen defensively, effectively cutting off all open 3-point attempts for an opponent while also making them susceptible to more strips, tips and deflections from quicker defenders.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...d-spurs-grab-the-wheel-in-race-for-no-8-seed/

13. CXbby

CXbby Member

Give House credit, probably weakest part of his game and why Gordon will start is team defense - game winning steal on Giannis drive and then game sealing D on Middleton 3.

BigShasta, joshuaao, BMoney and 4 others like this.
  14. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

I’d give the game ball to House tonight. 3rd leading scorer, made some key defensive stops and clutch free throws. Very active all around

15. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Agreed.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  16. D-rock

D-rock Member

House was a stud for 3 quarters especially 4th.

don grahamleone and hakeem94 like this.
  17. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Honestly, with the way we played against the mavs and the bucks has showed me one thing about our boys: We ain’t giving up and we playing gritty until the END.

There’s something different about this team than pre-covid. The hustle, the constant never giving up, is reminding me of the 2004 pistons minus the length/strength they had with Ben/Rasheed. But seriously, I have watched nearly 80% of every rockets game for the past 20+ years and I’m getting some interesting chills about our roster. It’s like, everything shouldn’t be going our way with no bigs, but instead, everyone has bought in and it’s now an intense collective effort for each player and everyone is held responsible now for their defensive assignments because in actuality it’s a UNIT defense with the CONSTANT switching and hell defense spitting everywhere. I may be rambling because I need to sleep, but I’m telling you... this team has ice in their veins, and it’s all starting from Harden and Westbrook. This nappy no haircut Harden has turned up his play in an extreme nonchalant fashion and his hand eye coordination has gotten even better. Gordon being injured may be a blessing in disguise and it’ll help House, Mclemore and Rivers get more playing time and most importantly rest for Gordon to kill it when he gets back.

Idk why but I sense something good happening. And I hope things continue to go well. We got ****ed by the refs vs Warriors in 2018 and we should have won despite CP3’s injury. I know we missed so many 3’s in a row, but that’s no excuse for the referees to not do their job! It’s seriously rigged and I’m shocked the league didn’t do investigation... and the fact they didn’t, it seems like the NBA head office wanted us to lose. And that’s so disgusting and so painful.

Anyways, I need to stop thinking about the past and making me feel like ****. I’m going to stay positive and be happy and enjoy what our boys doing now, and hope it continues in the post season with W’s.

#1377 Mr. Dominant, Aug 3, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
  18. rcketsfan1

rcketsfan1 Member

The number of open three pointers that Westbrook and Harden setup was unbelievable. The corner three is so wide open without the bench right there crowding! Harden and Westbrook seem like they are in complete sync with the rest of the team. Gordon comes back and is a perfect third guard with the three and drive offense.

Rox are as good as any other team at this point I think. If they are going to award and NBA championship trophy in the bubble, Rox can win!

19. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

What a b****, holy ****.

Hakeemtheking and D-rock like this.
  20. D-rock

D-rock Member

I love our team.

They are super supportive of one another.

And D'Antoni is always super positive and empowering. If you have an open shot, you take it.

No matter how cold you are. Amazing way to play, pure trust that the man next to you is going to do their job.

don grahamleone and bro2044 like this.