1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Bucks @ Rockets 4/29/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 28, 2021.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

How many games do we need to win in order to end up with the 2nd worst record ?
    BimaThug pointed out that OKC has a better chance of ending up with a top 4 pick if we are last in the standings at the end of the season.

2. COMPAQ CENTER

COMPAQ CENTER Member

I read his post. I think you misunderstood.
    He meant OKC will have a higher odds at 5th pick if the Rockets finish dead last.

If the Rockets finish second worse then if the Rockets out of the top 4, OKC will get either 5th or 6th pick.

If the Rockets finish third worse then if the Rockets out of the top 4, OKC will get either 5th or 6th pick or 7th pick.

So the odds of OKC Taking the fifth pic from us will be reduced if we finish 2nd or 3rd worse record as oppose to the worse record because there is a chance that OKC will take our 6th or 7th.

Personally, I prefer that we end at 3rd worse.
    win some games and give the youngsters some confidence going to next season and at the same time increasing the chances of OKC taking the 6th back from us rather than 5th in case we drop out of the top 4

with 9 games remaining, I would say that we can afford to win 3 to 4 games and still end up the bottom 3

#362 COMPAQ CENTER, May 1, 2021
    Last edited: May 1, 2021
    Easy and saleem like this.
  3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Thanks for the clarification. I really appreciated your post.

COMPAQ CENTER likes this.
  4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yeah, it's irrational to want to have the worst record when the worst three teams have the same odds to get the top picks. And if we don't get a top 4 pick, OKC will get whatever we have, and the worse we finish, the better that pick will be for OKC.

The best scenario should be the 3rd worst.

That said, right now, Orlando, Minny, and Detroit kind of bunch up at #2, #3, and #4. If we are close to them, we can easily slip to #4.

COMPAQ CENTER likes this.
  5. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Need all three of them if the economy recovers and arenas open back up to full capacity, this is the team going forward. These are some of the best bigs you'll ever get of what's available.

hakeem94 likes this.