1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Bucks @ Rockets 2/27/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 25, 2013.

1. yunac010

yunac010 Member

Dude, learn to multi-quote. Thanks.

2. FlyingBeagles

FlyingBeagles Member

If there are indeed any long-term experiment of making Harden and Parsons be PGs, they still should not supersede the short-term goal of making the playoff and cost us so many wins.

Coaches should hold all players accountable on TOs. If any of Harden/Lin/Parsons start getting too many TOs relative to # of assists in a game, just tell them to stop trying to make risky plays and let others initiate the plays.

3. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

Right on.

4. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Right on.

[​IMG]

5. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

Now you're looking at the half full side of the cup. Yes!

6. kwongadong

kwongadong Member

“Sometimes he’d rather have 25 points and seven turnovers and I tell him, ‘James, we’re trying to win,’ ” McHale did not say.

7. pnr

pnr Member

Lmao ...

8. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Harden is a home run hitter. sometimes he'll miss but that's okay because he's still super efficient for the year!

9. Fighton

Fighton Member

good post, agree on team defense being a major area that needs improvement. our team D sucks.

but, if you watch the games, you have to agree that harden rarely exerts any effort into playing D. time and time again, he lets his man go by him like he's not even there, and makes no effort to stop the ball in transition D. it's the most frustrating thing to see. and also, everyone runs on offense - he's not the only one. everyone is tired from running on offense but if your superstar is allowed to take plays off on D in order to focus on offense, you bet your other players will be doing the same as well. you said it yourself.. he exerts all his effort into scoring and so his D is non-existent. and yes, he can "choose" to play decent D if he wants to and that's the frustrating part.

and as for carrying the offense - the thing is, he doesn't need to do that all the time. this offense is designed to allows open shots everywhere, and it's especially designed so the points can come from anywhere, and not have one player dominate the shots and points. when we play well, you see 5 guys in double digits. when we don't, you see harden with 25 pts and 20 some shots. harden will get his point and his shots. but i truly believe, that in this offense and with the scoring capabilities of the guys on this team, he doesn't need to "carry" the offense. when he forces things are when we get into trouble on offense.

10. Fighton

Fighton Member

you essentially have two home run hitters on this team in harden and lin. but you can't have two home run hitters so one of them is gotta learn to play leadoff. harden is the better home run hitter so lin is playing leadoff.

he's still learning how to play leadoff - gonna take a while. and by while i meant at least a season.

11. gorockets2009

gorockets2009 Rookie

multi-PG system ? LOL, to be honest it has not PG in that system, besides a guy bring the ball up. My system is called the Chaotic No Set, No System, the mother of all NBA system. Got it?:grin::mad:

-- clueless Mchale.

12. kwongadong

kwongadong Member

He doesn't disappear. He's usually on the bench. And then when the team loses momentum, he's expected to come back in and turn the ship.

13. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

I said I "read" his post twice to make sure I fully understand what he meant before I replied "totally agreed." Not that I "replied" to the same post twice.

14. pnr

pnr Member

Harden and lin game time decisions for tomorrows game. Uh oh

15. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

@Jonathan_Feigen: Lin, Harden sat out practice. Both 'banged up.' McHale said. Asked if will be issue tomorrow : 'I have no idea.'

16. gorockets2009

gorockets2009 Rookie

'I have no idea.' , LOL, is it the most quoted line from Mchale?:grin:

17. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

Have you really just started to doubt that?

18. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

McHale is just a loser as a coach... Everything is always so negative a d dramatic with him. He's head coach and continuously makes it as if he always has no clue... Like he's so out of the loop. If you don't want to coach get the f out!

19. gorockets2009

gorockets2009 Rookie

:grin:

20. cw3k

cw3k Member

If his contract ending this year? I hope Rocket don't resign him.

If his contract not ending this year, Rocket still need to get rid of him.