1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Bucks @ Rockets 12/10/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 9, 2021.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

everybody in nba like sengun ...time for silas to hop on the bandwagon...hes amongst the last sengod doubters

3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

imho the streak didnt even end.... the real streak of playing good fundamentally sound basketball

4. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

It's a call from up above. He got word to tank. It's a losing formula to iso Wood to close the game. Yet, it was our go-to. I can't think that Silas has this strong bias against him unless he being petty about his dad's Tweet about Silas.

Tfor3 likes this.
  5. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard
    Supporting Member

Until CWood went all Francis like

6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

yeah but there were such stretches even during the streak, by ego eg... i was talking about overall impression....

Chasing_Chase likes this.
  7. JW86

JW86 Member

Cannot wait for Wood to be traded and good to see Gordon not being that turnover machine at the moment. Love me some Brooks and Matthews but both forced some threes. Sengun was the highlight for sure, kept abusing everyone. Tate had some nice moments as well, Josh & DJ provided solid minutes. Just not in love with our defensive strategy on Giannis, Sengun in particular having to guard him made no sense.

hakeem94 and DeBeards like this.
  8. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Its not conspiracy, what I hate about this board his people exaggerate your point, almost every reply has done that same thing. THEY DIDNT PASS HIM THE BALL. Any fool can see that there's no conspiracy its what the **** happened. The Bucks had been playing tight defense all game and Augustine had no problem passing to other people lol All of a sudden passing to a player right in front of you with a little man on him was too hard? Bullshit, Again stop with the bullshit excuses.

hakeem94, aaquaa and conquistador#11 like this.
  9. noppeper

noppeper Member

Yeah, there are stretches when some of our players try to play hero, but I think it's understandable given our inexperience and lack of playing time together. Overall, the team was right there with the champions, who were seemingly ready to show the upstart Rockets who the boss was. Losing sucks, but we put up a fight and competed, which is progress compared to how we were playing to start the season.

In terms of individuals, I personally feel like the player that needs to be reigned in the most is ABrooks, as he seems to excel as a catch and shoot, and for some reason has decided to try to be a driver and playmaker in the past couple of games. Matthews did force some shots, but in general, he was playing within himself (that last possession when he should've passed the ball earlier notwithstanding). Wood had an overall bad game and Silas should've recognized that, and played Sengun more in crunch time, as he was the one putting up a fight.

This highlights the 2 big lineup discussion that others have brought up - Silas has tried it a couple of times with both Sengun and Wood on the floor, and it has been consistently bad. I think he still has hangover from the Wood-Theis experience and is not giving it much of a chance, but the small sample does indicate there are spacing issues.

My uneducated opinion is that when both are on the floor, Sengun needs to play point, either with the ball at the top, post or as the screen setter, with Wood at the corners or weak side. Doing it the other way is not playing to each player's strength. Nobody but Sengun should playmake when both are on the floor.

From the post game interview, seems like Silas was more concerned with defense taking a hit, and I thought it was curious he pointed to Sengun as the one that would have trouble with Giannis as center. Yeah, the greek burned him a couple of times (like he did everybody), but Sengun eventually adjusted and even managed a strip on one of his later drives. it showed he was adjusting to the freak's speed and power, and was willing to put up a fight, certainly a lot more than Wood as a defender. I think his positive play merited giving him more of a chance in this game.

I'm giving Silas the benefit of the doubt, as he is also learning, plus he has a team of rookies and undrafted outcasts competing out there. Hard to be too mad at how this team is playing right now.

Patience, D-rock and aaquaa like this.
  10. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I need a reliable source to stream, anyone?

Also, this play call was absolutely beautiful and genius design.

D-rock likes this.
  11. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Duh, duh, duh.....that is what going to happen eventually. You can't force teams to take our garbage and reward us handsomely just because some clutchfan guys said so. lol You guys are too impatient. This team is going nowhere this season. They'll have something similar to 37-45 at best if the go .500 the rest of the way.

12. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

When you are below .500 that is what it's called? I don't think we can tank any harder than we did at the beginning. lol

13. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Maybe people should stfu....I've seen people be petty for less.

hakeem94 and aaquaa like this.
  14. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Main diff in Bucks 2 bigs is - Portis shoots well from 3 and rebounds like a PF

Giannis is a athletic and long big

same with Lakers AD can spread court and then crash for rebounds

Rockets problem is - Theis can’t shoot … Wood isn’t physical enough / doesn’t like to bang bodies …Sengun needs space to operate and really prefers not to shoot the 3 unlike Wood who will settle for a 3 vs drive.

If Wood was better off the dribble and a decent passer / screener… 2 bigs would work

If we remove Wood, then we have to look at what type of big best fits with Sengun (can’t be a Capela type) spacing would be hell (a young Aldridge type would be ideal) on the offensive side

15. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Cleverly disguised we need Banchero post?

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Wood plays similar to Portis.

But he's a better 3ball shooter, rebounder and all around scorer.

Sengun has similar playmaking skills as Giannis although not as long or explosive. But Sengun has higher IQ.

If Bucks can play Portis or BOTH Lopez brothers WITH Gianis then Rockets should be able to play Sengun with a more COMPLEMENTARY player like Wood.

And if AD can win championship playing next to traditional centers like Dwight and Javale then please stop with nonsense that a better 3ball threat in Wood cannot play with Sengun.

Coaching matters.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Banchero does not provide near the rim protection that Wood does.

And his overall defense is average.

And Wood is MUCH better 3ball shooter than Banchero.

But most importantly you all want to pair a ball dominant big with another player who needs the ball, Sengun.

hakeem94 and cmoak1982 like this.
  18. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah I was just messing around. Banchero isn’t my preference

hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  19. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dwight barely played… Javale has evolved to be elite in his skill sets … doesn’t try to play outside of his comfort zone (AD moved to C with LeBron / Morris playing PF)

Wood doesn’t play like Portis - Portis is high BBIQ , yes he listed as their C … but he doesn’t play outside of himself - he made the right passes that led to open 3s (hockey assist)

Wood gets the ball and unless he’s tripled team… he has tunnel vision …which is why giving him the ball early in offense during 4th qtr sucks so bad… we get stagnant …he misses cutters.. or the open shooter in corner

and I haven’t touched on why Wood and Sengun don’t work on defense but Wood or Sengun works with KMJ / Tate

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. D-rock

D-rock Member

A lot of double talk and excuse making.

Wood played just fine next to Drummond in Detroit.

He also played alongside Thon Maker.

Good coaches figure it out.

A lot of doubters after a tough but close loss vs NBA champs.

A loss that MANY on CF predicted because Rockets supposedly in rebuild mode and not nearly competitive enough.

And the truthers come out with their sharpened knives looking to butcher their chosen scapegoat.

A scapegoat they've built up in their minds as the enemy, the plague, the anti-Christ ... even during the win streak.

CF is too predictable.