1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Bucks @ Rockets 1/6/2024

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 6, 2024.

1. Old School74

Old School74 Member
    Supporting Member

He's using inclusive language: "WE need to do better..." Also when your superstar is the one trying the hardest, you hope the rest of the team tries harder.

2. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

That is the point. The use of words like 'we, including me' etc. doesn't make it inclusive. He can't just say 'I am good, you are not'. Of course he will say some stuff like that. You can think he really means it, or from the way things are worded, you can think those words are there because they have to be. I am on the latter side. Actually, an honest self-reflection doesn't even need to say those words.

The eqiupment guy is another clear sign for me that he is pointing fingers. Can't call the other names, so it becomes the equipment guy. Even if you are trying the hardest, and you are the best, complaining the media about these in such detail, pointing out fingers is not the way to go.

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

You are creating feelings out of thin air.

What he said was dead on. If a team's superstar isn't passionate and doesn't kick his team in the rump after a game like this, he's just collecting a paycheck.

It definitely isn't too late for the Bucks this season, but they should be better than they are by now. Their defense continues to fail them. Their effort in the 1st half last night was pathetic. It was better in the 2nd half, but only Giannis left it all on the floor. His teammates (and head coach) need to know he's not happy and they better raise their game.

4. Old School74

Old School74 Member
    Supporting Member

I don't know but I think you both have valid points. Being someone studied social sciences, I can say there are no absolutes defining human behavior. Giannis said what he said with good intentions, I am sure. Probably, he doesn't want to break anyone's spirit. He wants to win a championship and he does in his own way to motivate his team, to give them a wake up call. Some like @A_3PO will respond positively, others like @AlperenSengun will respond negatively. If majority will buy into his demand, I say they will likely be a competitor. Otherwise, they will be pretenders because then your best player is not bought into whatever you do...I guess I am not saying much by saying a lot...

5. albuster

albuster Member

This summarizes the whole game. Number 6 is really the biggest negative of the game. Oh, and just about every Rockets game too, especially when the lady refs are involved. Maybe, Ime's appeal is getting to them.

6. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

I am reading between the lines and combining with what I saw before, like the ladder incident or the game ball incident. Giannis doesn't strike me as a positive character and I don't just accept the face value of the things he says. But I understand if someone else takes it that way.

7. Old School74

Old School74 Member
    Supporting Member