1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Bucks @ Rockets @ 1/18/2017

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 17, 2017.

1. alethios

alethios Member

I'm guessing you did your part to help this team win this time??? My beer mug was full (for 5 seconds), but I was hoping you didn't slack this time.
    :p:D

DreamShook likes this.
  2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I said I wouldn't let clutchfans down again. I did my part.

3. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Antetokounmpo ain't Durant, he does not have the shooting range Durant got, he is not a good 3 point shooter.

His true value actually will be his defense and the all around game.

In a good team, he could be a better and richer version of Draymond Green.

All stars for sure, but no one will believe Draymond will be a top 10 player.

At this point, to build around Antetokounmpo may not be the best option, to find a scoring star to play with him will be much better.

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

You know I think he's too 10.

Freaking stud

He still has a lot of growth and that's te scary part. He impacted the game so much in the first 3 quarters than totally disappeared in the 4th.

I think some of that has to do with harden going off in the 4th and just blowing right by him when he was trying to defend James, I think it got to his head.

He just played way different in the 4th than the first 3 quarters were he looked like Harden peer in terms of star power.

The 4th showed how big of a gap there still is between him and harden Lebron KD and curry. No shame in that because I would take him over everyone in the league besides those 4. He's the next great player in this league like true MVP franchise guy.

malakas likes this.
  5. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Dude the kid is like 22 and he's avg 23/8/5 with over 2 blks.

He has them at 20-20 heading into tonight.

You can def build an elite team around him. Get him some shooters and see how they do? They would be the 2nd or 3rd best team in the east right now with him at 22. He's going to be incredible when he gets to age 25-27.

6. malakas

malakas Member

That's supposed to be Parker.

Anyway..a richer taller better version of Draymond Green, sounds to me like a franchise player but we will see.

I just wanted to see what ppl's impressions of him were after this game. Good or bad.

7. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Worth the price of admission. Huge talent. Saw some killer instinct in the third quarter.

Richie_Rich and malakas like this.
  8. malakas

malakas Member

9. AB423

AB423 Member

Got to meet and greet with Greg Monroe and Parker after the game. I told Parker I saw him out there dunking on my rockets and goes, man I suck.
    Greg Monroe was taking about his altercation with Nene and he said Nene thought Monroe threw an elbow but he really didn't.
    Cool experience.

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

His next girlfriend

11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

12. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I like the bucks there giving the rockets and harden all kind of respect.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  13. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

James Harden might be the most lethal offensive player off alltime.

This is crazy that he creates over 57 ppg by himself every game. That's the highest mark in NBA history.

He's a force and I don't think I'm wrong when I say on offense he's one of the 10 best to every play the game.

Get some rings James and you will get your due. What's crazy is that besides Lebron harden is the only guy playing right now that I truely think had top 10 player of all time talent. He just needs the team succes with 3+ chips.

14. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

Top 10 for sure. A jumpshot away from top 5. He's done wonders for my fantasy team. I knew he'd be great... drafted him years ago in my keeper league.

#794 RocketsTerps, Jan 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
    Richie_Rich and malakas like this.
  15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

16. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

Drake, you still mad?

[​IMG]

17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

He's going to dominate the NBA for years; all he needs is a consistent jump shot. Thank the mavs for passing on this guy

malakas and Richie_Rich like this.
  18. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Where are all those panicking fans at tonight? Oh we won therefore, they crawled back underneath their rocks.

Good freaking win. Harden and Gordon were awesome. The entire team locked down on defense when they needed to.

Richie_Rich, D-rock and Remlap like this.
  19. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I think he's top 10. Normally I would say he needs to hit 35% of his 3's, but with how good he is on drives and in the post, he can make it work with hitting 30% for now.

Defensively he changes the game. Weak side blocks is one thing, but he is also committed to playing defense. His team defense will improve with a bit more experience. He gets caught sometimes, but he does seem to care about playing defense, at least tonight.

I think his dominance will have a lot to do with Middleton. Once that guy comes back, he won't have to work so hard and will find himself more open (or he will gets 2-3 more assists per game).

Another personnel thing is, I see him as a better 4 than a 3 for the next 5-10 years. The closest comparison in style of play for me is he's a slightly taller Lebron James with slightly less range. That power game, ability to handle, explosiveness, decent/good passing, rebounder, etc. He's very very similar at his age as Lebron was at the same age. Can carry a team, will soon discover he needs more help to win it all. Obviously all the hype that came for Lebron from day 1 will skew people's impression, but to me there is no reason why he does not have the same career as James. They shouldn't wait for this entire roster to develop. They need to pick 1 or 2 young pieces around him, and now start looking to consolidate their talent. They are not going to sign any big star in FA, but they can be the biggest players in trades.

Kidd has done well to develop him. If there's anything good I can say about Kidd, it's that he knows how to develop a star. Kidd doesn't seem to be good at developing role players or doing anything else though.

malakas likes this.
  20. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

The Rockets need another tall post player under 30. I'm still here and yes there is panic.