1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Bucks @ Rockets 1/18/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 18, 2014.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Didn't you see the steal from Harden, which led to the pass from Lin to Jones for the finish?
    Harden also passed the ball to Lin in the 2nd half too.
    They still have got a long way to go, but they played reasonably well together in this game.

I think McHale should play Lin and Harden together more often than he does.

#581 saleem, Jan 19, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
  2. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Not dominant, but it's a W.

POR was dominant. We have our hands full, on national TV.... could get ugly.

3. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Much needed victory. Jones balled out of control, MVP of the game.

4. justbuckets

justbuckets Member

Lin's just tired. Every single shot was exactly like 1/2 ball short of being a bucket, except for his 1 two and 1 three, obviously.

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Good win last night. Milwaukee made little runs here and there, but the Rockets were clearly in control.

Harden was playing full court on ball defense for some reason, which was nice even if a little odd. I thought TJones' comment on it in the postgame interview was interesting.

First time I've ever repped a LOF.

6. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

T. Jones just had the best game of his short NBA career and jokers on here crying about how Lin was treated. Come on man cut out the madness out please, we won last night.

LOL

7. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

We already know that answer, his #'s have improved dramatically with the departure with Rudy Gay.

8. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

if the Rockets somehow trailed by 10 with 4-5 min to go i'm sure you would've seen him back.

9. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

funny thing is TJones is treatd the same way, if he's shooting 2-7 and Casspi is hitting some 3's, TJones is gonna be playing 25 min that game.

10. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

LOL. H-Town Sports suck.

Yes, Lin's whopping 31 mpg average is exhausting.

11. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

We could win the championship with Lin playing 28 minutes and there would still be some crying about how he didn't play 30+. Things just never change, all you can do is use the ignore feature and move on with life.

12. autoprt

autoprt Member

agreed. i was so happy for t jones last night. at this point trade talk with asik and lin has really been a distraction all year. i say do the trade and see what happens in the playoffs this year and next year make the full push.

13. autoprt

autoprt Member

i agree on this point. i think no conspiracy with mchale it was obvious to him also lin was tired was why he kept him out.

14. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Yes things don't change around here 4 sho. All u guys wanna do is complain. How about give credit where credit is due.

15. jocar

jocar Member

Only because you got your Lin homer glasses on full blast 24/7. Nothin wrong with that until you start making accusations.

1 person likes this.
  16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I have the (fill in the blank) on ignore, having added several similar wastrels the last few days to what was once a very, very short list. However, when members quote them, I/we still end up seeing their stupidity. Just an FYI.

17. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Dwight's three point percentage would even be better if that one against Dallas counted but the buzzer had sounded before he got it off

18. Albinoswordfish

I don't really see your point. You could go through the game logs of many games and see similar sequences for Harden, Parsons, and Howard and they never got benched.

Nobody is saying Lin didn't have a bad game, just that the leash on him is ridiculously short.

19. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Harden/Parsons have no competent backups. Who would you bench them in favor of? Brewer? Garcia?

20. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

I don't know who's on and off your ignore list.

I quoted the last line to directly respond and call out the poster for his double post.

one thing I did recently was unsubscribe to the annoying and polarizing threads so they don't end up on my feed.