1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Blazers @ Rockets 4/30/2014 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 5)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 29, 2014.

1. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

I like Danny Crawford, i think most players do as well tbh, there's a reason he got head official of game 7 of the finals.

2. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

were going to lose guys

RIP rockets

3. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Don't hang up the phone until they buy......or DIES! !!!!!!!!!!!

4. Pokemon

Pokemon Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Qyqchamz4EM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. joeson332

joeson332 Member

There's a part of me that believes the Rockets can make this comeback. I know I shouldn't because the way this series has been playing out we could very well be eliminated tonight but I truly believe we can make a run out of this. This is where we see this young group mature together. Let's get it!

6. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Who are the refs tonight?

7. A New Age

A New Age Contributing Member

TLDNW

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/d6wRkzCW5qI?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/d6wRkzCW5qI?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

8. Andrew Wiggins

No, not today. The series will end in portland

The rockets/nba will give us false hope like always. King of teasing us. I would much rather lose game 5 than game 6 because that game actually matters. Chances are game 6 will be a blowout in portland.

9. Rockness

Rockness Member

Crawford is pretty bad, Jones is old and very weird, Michael Smith is okay. Guess it's not the worst, considering who we could've gotten. I personally feel not one referee should be in a series twice.

10. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

You mean tonight? It's possible. I'm starting to get a Game 2 vibe where I thought there was no way the Rockets would lose, but they came out and played their worst overall game of the series. Then again, a year ago they seemed to play their best ball of the postseason after they faced elimination.

11. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

Honestly i dont wanna hear anymore predictions of us making a "comeback" ...the only way to make a "comeback" is to win this game at home infront of your home crowd, NOTHING ELSE should be in your mind....One game at a time......Something i have been preaching for this team to do early in games finally happened last game ( attack lopez and get him in fould trouble withd wight+harden) and it helped us immensely imo...now when they go small and dwight is the only big vs aldridge he SHOULDNT, he just goes to deep up the court and leaves them with a good chance to get the offensive board, man the paint and keeep them to ONE AND DONE.....

Eventhough i dont think we will win this series , i do think we are the better team so i hope we can take it to game 6 and put the pressure back on them.

Home you fans bring it tonight!!! Come on Red Nation!!!

12. yummyhawtsauce

I read somewhere that bev missed practice yesterday because of he was sick still...any updates?

it sucks because I think bev has been playing below average because of his knee issue

13. atwood

atwood Member

Because of the way this team was coached, I honestly don't see any chance to win this series...

14. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

And because of the way they had gone down 1-3, I honestly see plenty of chances to win this series.

15. The Summit

The Summit Contributing Member

We better win this game, if we can't pull off an elimination game at home against the Blazers this team isn't nearly what I thought it was.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The Rockets' in-game strategy might need a little work, as <a href="https://twitter.com/SheaSerrano">@SheaSerrano</a> discovered.

<a href="http://t.co/tG1u10pGu8">http://t.co/tG1u10pGu8</a> <a href="http://t.co/onPHr6h9Bm">pic.twitter.com/onPHr6h9Bm</a></p>&mdash; NBA on ESPN (@ESPNNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNNBA/statuses/461527128370995200">April 30, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

17. boiler

boiler Member

They lack brain, not heart.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Pat Beverley attended shootaround but did not participate.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/statuses/461528383940079616">April 30, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

19. ironariza

ironariza Member

The war between Harden ISO and Anti-Harden ISO will over tomorrow.

enjoy it

20. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I think the Rockets should bring in Rudy T to give a pregame Clutch City pep talk. Serious.

Go Rox!