1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between the Knicks and Pacers in Indiana. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

ClutchFans Game Thread: Blazers @ Rockets 4/30/2014 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 5)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 29, 2014.

1. downbytheriver

Put a pipe in it Morey. it's on you for constantly making fantasy trades, numerous useless acquiistions like Jordan Hamilton to trade away a proven guy who steps up like Brooks. Who else can have Harden fall into their lap lik eyou did?!

Of course signing Lin to pander to a demographic then continuing to play him goes without saying, but let's not dwell on that.

2. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

its his knee and hes not helping the team win if so.. just making things worse

3. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

We must break the curse of TNT, we continue to lose games on TNT. We win tonight, go back to Portland for game 6 on ESPN, smack the Blazers around in Portland and get ready for game 7 on ABC, which is also in Houston! We must break the curse of playing on TNT, all the hate the Charles and Shaq spew towards the Rockets must fuel them!

4. GageD

GageD Member

I think we win this one bc our guys will be motivated.

5. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Umm...we play tomorrow night unless I'm missing something (time difference?). The schedule says tomorrow night. Hope you didn't have any plans for tonight thinking the game was on tonight.

6. mrm32

mrm32 Member

If they are now just getting motivated we deserve to lose.

1 person likes this.
  7. Jimes

Jimes Member

Is there a chance Beverley doesn't play?? Though he's been having an underwhelming series, we do need him.

8. yummyhawtsauce

Give him credit for trying out there with one knee, but he's getting torched

9. jocar

jocar Member

Mas Troy Danielo por favor Senor Mchale.

1 person likes this.
  10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

We'll win the next 3.

Believe Rockets fans. Believe.

No man is happy without a delusion of some kind. Delusions are as necessary to our happiness as realities. - Christian Nestell Bovee

11. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

We got this game, easy win

12. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

He'll play. You know Bev's tough mindset, plus McHale says he has to. How effective he's going to be is another question though. Hopefully he starts feeling better soon...

13. Jimes

Jimes Member

I think he's been ok defensively, though definitely not at his best due to injury. But without him, we'd run Lin and Harden into the ground.

14. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

There is zero reason to expect the Rockets to win this series as of now. And nothing can happen if they dont win tom night! If the Rockets season ends tommorrow night, what steps are our mgmt gonna take to address this collapse? Is there a lack of "putting aside egos for the greater good?" What are the Rockets gonna do with the players on the roster? We the fans have to be prepared for a loss and its impact that it has on our stars and role players.

If the Rockets do win tomorrow night and overcome its brokenness, they have to go into a hostile environment and try stealing a game. Never expected our boys to struggle like this, but it has a lot to do with James Harden disappearing in this postseason after closing the season out remarkably and getting our hopes up. It also has a lot to do with Mchale not being able to adjust in game, and having to wait till an entire game is complete before making changes.

I'll be rooting for our boys, but Portland and its stars have played well enough down the stretch in all the games in order to win 3 out of the 4 total played so far. Till the Rockets find a way to control the ending of the game, tomorrow night might unfortunately be the last game for this terrific season.

15. haiti1804

haiti1804 Member

we have lost four consecutive home playoff games stretching back to last year Wow!!:eek:..Mchale:mad:!

16. yummyhawtsauce

Yeah for sure, he's tough and has lots of heart, but his balance might be off, i don't know if you remember the end of the 3rd quarter last game, lillard got free for a baseline 3, bev was chasing him and I think he slipped or his de-stabilized? I've seen him slip a few times this series.

17. sergio

sergio Member

Rockets will win.

18. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

ROCKETS 97
    Portland 85

Daniels' coming out party is THIS GAME! :cool: That boy GOOD! Mmmm-hhhmmmm.

¡¡¡VAMOS, ROCKETS!!!!! :mad:

I will take two of those SPOILERS. Hold the ketchup. :eek:

19. Breitbard

Breitbard Contributing Member

4 games, average difference between winning/losing score: 4 points. I'm optimistic that, back in front of the home fans, we win this one for Daniels' honor. But not so sure about it being "easy".

20. SHARKLIN-SOUP

SHARKLIN-SOUP Member

I think we win Game 5, and sadly, get closed out in Game 6