1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Blazers @ Rockets 4/23/2014 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 2)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 21, 2014.

1. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Well at least Skip still thinks that we can win game 3.

2. dsounG

dsounG Member

Absolutely have to win the next two in Portland. Tough but I think they can pull it out. Harden needs to put on his big boy pants and step it up.

3. langal

langal Contributing Member

how are the strip clubs in portland?

4. finsraider

finsraider Member

The last tweet is why we need to take a hard look at mixing up the lineup. The reason we've never had a fixed rotation is that we don't get consistent performance from a large portion of OU roster.

I want to see someone shoot the 3 without hesitation.....that means more time for Daniels.

5. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Looking back it probably would've better if we had lost home court during the regular season and played the first playoffs 2 games in Portland.

6. yummyhawtsauce

You are wrong. The problem is that the players ARE actually shooting the 3 without hestitation.

What you meant to say, is someone that can make the three.

Parsons/Harden and at times Lin all took contested 3 point shots. Only Bev took the wide open 3 pointers which are good shots to take. Parsons and Harden rush their 3's so much...

let DMO guard aldridge and see what happens and let Daniels in to space the floor so Lin can drive and dish to him or Bev. Coach needs to try something new - at this point he needs to become desperate.

7. qetwr111

qetwr111 Member

People still think DMo has a chance against Aldridge when Dwight/Asik/et al have all been torched.

smh

8. Progs

Progs Member

It has more to do with giving someone else a chance when everything else isn't working.

9. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

I think Dmo on Lopez is better - Lopez has more strength but at least DMo has the length to contend. Jones was just being dwarfed by Lopez and Lopez ate up all the rebounds when he had Jones on him.

But no way of knowing unless he actually plays!

10. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

DMo is at least 6 more fouls. Eff it, why not?

11. yunac010

yunac010 Member

THIS. We were getting called on ticky tack fouls anyways. Might as well throw DMo out there and see what he can do. And I'm not advocating injuring LMA, but at least give him a nice hard foul.

12. yunac010

yunac010 Member

He doesn't have the balls to sub Harden out. Harden completely losing Matthews after that FT is going to haunt me for awhile.

13. KlutchQT

Yes. His charge would be to go out there and use his 6 fouls to take LMA out of his game. Period. Anything else would be gravy.

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Rockets bench getting in a 3-on-3 scrimmage before heading to Portland <a href="http://t.co/IFSVRKdIOg">pic.twitter.com/IFSVRKdIOg</a></p>&mdash; Houston Rockets (@HoustonRockets) <a href="https://twitter.com/HoustonRockets/statuses/459392386125144065">April 24, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

15. yunac010

yunac010 Member

Btw I've been meaning to ask, what interview is the quote in your sig from? I'd love to watch what Bev had to say.

16. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

I thought the same thing, but according to McHale in the press conference he called a trap and one of the bigs was supposed to watch the backside while the rest trapped.

He didn't go into naming which big, but that was the apparent defense call that should have happened.

So take it for what you will, that wasn't on Harden apparently as much I would love to blame him.

17. KlutchQT

18. whistleblower

whistleblower Member

Can anyone explain why there were ZERO Lin-Harden pick and rolls the entire game? Even during the 4th quarter where the rockets were jacking up shots, wouldn't the former give you a much higher % in getting points on the board? I refuse to believe Mchale is that clueless.

19. langal

langal Contributing Member

Exactly. Ryan Bowen gave us a several decent minutes against Dirk years ago.

20. Fighton

Fighton Member

if you watch the video, neither harden nor dwight knew what to do. both stood in the middle of the court not knowing where to go/who to trap. i agree, though, it wasn't really harden's fault there. when you play full court trap D, you're not assigned to one individual. if it was a big that was supposed to watch the backside, looks like it was howard.