1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Blazers @ Rockets 4/23/2014 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 2)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 21, 2014.

1. N/A

N/A Member

hey, it could be worse. We could have- actually no, no it can't.

2. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

I guess because Asik's defense on him is simply hand in your face. He can't jump high enough to contest. Aldridge is so confident Asik cannot contest effectively.

If you knew your guard will just put up a hand in your face, you simply jump without fear of being blocked. Result, there is no change in Aldridge's shot. Unfortunately, that is LMA's bread and butter.

Do we have anyone who can AT LEAST alter LMA's shot?

3. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

He's choking and isn't liking it. Only thing to do is play better put these two games behind you.

4. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

It's not Asik or Jones that's for sure. I laugh at people who thought Asik was a good one on one defender... no he is a good help defender within a team oriented defense. Stop over rating this cat please...

5. Dabeezneez

Dabeezneez Member

Wat happened to the howard/harden pnr .... What is this team doin on offense. They look lost I'm confused and lma is killing us. We definitely can't fall back on our defense because they suck on defense.

6. Nanisteru

Nanisteru Rookie

Just watched this game on DVR. Very disappointed... get out the brooms

7. zipcrash

zipcrash Member

may sound silly, but DMO. have him there to soak up fouls. direct him to always have physical contact on LMA when his back is to the basket. get a body on him.

asik is too worried about fouls to play aggressively which makes sense.

8. THE DR34M

THE DR34M Rookie

DMO is that you?

9. calcium

calcium Member

Dont be silly.

Just double him and make the others beat us instead, if they can.

10. Theking

Theking Member

Someone needs to give the players confidence to play their natural game & rally over the next couple of games. Whoever created / released the harden defence YouTube clip has facilitated a lot of media discussion & put additional pressure on the guy.

The media are bashing the rockets & so are our own fans. They need some positivity! Motivation! Who in the world works confidently when all they hear is negativity about their performance! b****ing about McHale, Harden, Howard etc.. is adding ZERO value! It's 2 games through the first round. McHale is here for at least 2 games, hopefully more!! Support him for F... Sake! He has given a lot to this franchise, even through tough personal moments. Show some respect!! And as goes for Harden n co.. You will be the first to complain the moment he requests a trade & wants out

So many of you are quick to bash opposing fans. Take a look at your own behaviour in this series. Ranting on our players & coach. Ive loved the rockets for 20+ years & will be fired up the next few games!!

I hope our fans can spread some positivity around this forum & the city! Make the players feel it!!!

11. Hrock

Hrock Rookie

You really think Lowry wants to play for Mchale now? Talent level of our players has been masking Mchale the past two years. These two games for playoffs really make people scratch their heads at what Mchale is exactly planning with the an entire staff of coaches.

12. zipcrash

zipcrash Member

i dont see it being terrible IF dmo plays really physical with him. not an exorbitant amount of minutes. 10-15 minutes.

13. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

Lowry will never come back if Mchale is still here.

I like Harden as much as the next guy but Dirk is on another level completely.

14. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Winner,winner chicken dinner right here !! Put Goober DMO in early in Portland and do about the only thing he can do well...foul and HARD. Agree..Asik don't bother him,Goober won't either. Unless you double him, DH is the only one you can put on him. But if Dwight broke wind, they'd call a foul.Put Goober the Hammer in and chop wood.

15. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

How do I defend our team against a trash talking Miami fan (really a LeBron fan)? I can't come up with anything after last night.

16. Matthieu

Matthieu Member

why are we not running more Harden/Howard PnR when it's one of our better option ? why do we have 2 DNP PFs while Aldrdige is torching us ? i'm confused

17. Shaud

Shaud Member

At this point the only hope is to double team Lamarcus. The one on one defense hasn't been bad because most of these makes are tough shots. The problem is he always hits them against us and against a lot of defenders. Force the other players on Portland to step up because when he is in that type of zone it's a wrap for stopping him

18. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

THIS...

19. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Weirdos ;)

1 person likes this.
  20. conquistador#11

i don't consider myself to be a knee jerk fan, after all being an astros fan develops the discipline of being patient, BUT if we don't win these next 2 games it will be over for us!

Wish we played more PnR get their entire team to chase and be out of position.