1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Blazers @ Rockets 4/23/2014 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 2)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 21, 2014.

1. sleepyazn

sleepyazn Member

Quick let's get Melo, another overrated underachieving star that plays no defense. We can compare Harden's and Melo's derp faces.

2. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Aaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

3. E-Man

E-Man Member

4. khyberjones

khyberjones Member

I said prior to the game that if the Rockets let Aldridge get 30 pts or more they would lose. They let him go for 43 pts. The funny thing is that Aldridge only had 4 of those points in the 4th quarter. The difference today was that Portland's supporting cast stepped up big, and the team shot better than it did in game 1. Dorell Wright and Mo Williams had solid shooting nights.

The Rockets tried to be something they are not: a post-up, inside-out team. Dwight was great in the first half, but he was not able to sustain it, whereas Aldridge poured in another 18-20 points or so in the second half. Harden has looked like a shell of himself.

This team needs to run a lot more pick and roll to get Harden back to his level of play. Jeremy Lin only took 5 shots today, and if they want to win this series, they need Harden and Lin playing together in a PnR based offense, getting into the mid-range paint and forcing the defense to be reactive.

This loss is on McHale for failing to make any meaningful adjustments on Aldridge defensively and for not finding ways to make the game easier for his best player.

5. DattboyD

DattboyD Member

6. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

This is why fans leave early in Houston and this is why Houston doesn't get the media love and this is why you cannot put your heart into this team. It's a freaking embarrassment. If I see Kevin Mchale I would be so tempted to chant FIRE MCHALE... Harden has completely checked out he's just plain scared.

7. YourSecretLover

sure looked like Harden quit on this team the way he was playing. its almost tmac like

8. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Ehh, LMA goes off for 50 in game 3 but rockets pull out the W.
    McHale misses the flight and bickerstaff fills in.

9. rocketsmetalspd

Coach how about Lionel Hollins?

10. Christopher

Christopher Member

Actually youre right, I only managed to catch the last quarter.

11. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

Melo without Harden would be worse than the team is right now.

12. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

lolwut? I'm a Lin fan, but in what universe could that be described as 'bringing it'?

13. yinanization

yinanization Member

Well, that was frustrating...
    But we really can't play any worse, and LMA was playing out of his mind, and we were still sorta in it. I say we come back and get it 7.
    Regardless, McHail should go, maybe Indiana will blow up and Vogel become available?

14. sutton

sutton Member

trade Harden for melo

15. vator

vator Contributing Member

BREAKING:

Harden chokes on his beard while trying to eat his post game meal.

16. sleepyazn

sleepyazn Member

Just realized that Aldridge played an even better game then the first one. He got even more wide open shots then the first freaking game. If Morey or Les don't fire MCFAIL....

17. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

are you kidding me...? when did T-mac ever quit on his during the playoffs...?

18. jpsamhyz

jpsamhyz Member

If the Bulls get swept first and Thibs leaves, can we bring him on board before we are swept?

19. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

Anyone other than Kevin"Potato"McHale would be fine for me.

20. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Cant believe every effing time we lose, people continually focus on one or two plays and then pin all theteams problems on one guy. My goodness, its a 48 minute game. Get your collective heads out of your asses and look at the reasons why we lost this game. It starts and enda woth defenae and toughness. If we had more of that, aldridge would be picking himself off thebfloor on every single shot. Instead all i see is a bunch of whiny little snots who have a hardon against anything lin related going on and on about a foul. If he doesnt foul, does that mean we stop alridge from scoring? Does it mean we tighten up on d? Effing idiots

2 people like this.