1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Blazers @ Rockets 4/23/2014 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 2)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 21, 2014.

1. yummyhawtsauce

I can't believe the day would come when Lin brings it in the 4th quarter of a playoff game and harden turns into a tampon

2. Asian Sensation

More like Euro TRASH.

3. THE DR34M

THE DR34M Rookie

Parsons should be packaged up for Melo.

or

straight up Harden for Melo.

4. jpsamhyz

jpsamhyz Member

Hey, at least in the face of adversity, we saw sound leadership from the likes of ... uh, nobody.

5. rocketsmetalspd

Next game on ESPN and glad to not hear Joel Myers ex Spurs and Lakers announcer. Rockets will get the W on Friday.

6. Raynesis

Raynesis Member

Not sure why McHale is so stubborn with the short rotation when it is clearly not working at all.
    Why would you keep Harden on the floor for so long despite no contributions on both ends of the floor, but bench Lin after a block by Lopez? (inb4 "LOF")
    At the end of the 4th, McHale still chose to stick with Harden on defense over other players, before subbing Lin in for Asik for offense.

Harden is just shooting us out of the games. Them hero 3 pointers are frustrating as hell. Pass the damn ball if your shots are not falling.

7. magicwind

magicwind Member

Why nobody mentioned Harden let Matthews walked for the layup in the last minute?

Harden SUCKED SUCKED SUCKED and what's worse is that

He QUIT QUIT QUIT QUIT, he QUIT from the beginning of the 4th quarter.

8. nigma2000

nigma2000 Member

Man is this the year 2004 all over again, underachieving Rockets team despite having arguably the best big man in the game who could be so much more dominant and a talented but lazy SG who has no heart. History repeats itself

9. lucnguye92

lucnguye92 Member

Safe to say. This team is going to look really different during the off-season. WCF? We can't even get to the WCSF.

10. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Am convinced now, go get Melo

11. beybey

beybey Member

Harden lost mattews and gave him the open layup.
    That was the crucial play.

12. lomahtw

lomahtw Member

now let's see how Mchale will say at post game conference. besides no ball movement, it got sticky blah blah blah. the only thing for sure is that that is not coaching problem.

13. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

This team and the coaches have no clue what to do.

Can we fire McHale before Game 3?

14. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

So what team do you guys want to see next year?

Bev/Nelson
    Harden/Sefolosha
    Afflalo/Marion
    Boozer/DMO
    Howard/Asik

Head Coach:George Karl

/knee-jerk

15. DreamEarlNolan

I would like to think the Rockets can dig out of this hole like the clutch city years, but unfortunately there isn't an Olajuwan on this team. McHale is unable to make adjustments so there is no reason to think Aldridge will slow down anytime soon. I believe Harden will play better in Portland, but the Rockets can't get defensive stops so it won't matter. Blazers sweep or take it in 5. :(

16. DattboyD

DattboyD Member

Well!?! Lost of words! It's still a best of 7 series but the rox gotta big hole to dig themselves out of, letting them play aldridge one on one isn't gonna cut it! Something defensively has to change! As for harden? Smdh hopefully he can get outta his funk and turn this series around! I still have faith in this rent! Go rockets!!

17. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

I don't believe any nba Coach will do like McHale , McHale hasn't any game plan
    Any coach will find a different way to defense AL

18. archinkent

archinkent Member

Wow, he even made 3 shots from the parking lot :eek:

19. solid

solid Contributing Member

Right now, Portland looks like the better team. BUT, I would not be surprised if the Rockets go to Portland and win two games. I really wouldn't. I think the pressure is off and they are going to start free stroking. BUT if they get blown out in game three, THEN it is OVER.

20. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

LOL cmon guys... I know he made a lot of shots, but did the 3 from the bleachers give you a hint that it's not the real shot chart?