1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Blazers @ Rockets 2/8/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 7, 2015.

1. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

I'm not too concerned about our big men. It may cost us 4-5 guys during the time Dwight is out (specifically against Memphis and a healthy LAC). Assuming Dwight gets healthy, we will be just fine. What's concerning to me is how opposing PGs have consistently won the matchup against us, and by a wide margin.

They are scoring at will, breaking our defense down, and our guys aren't doing anything to them when we are on Offense to wear them out. With the strength of the PG position for playoff teams, we NEED an upgrade.

2. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Definitely agree on Morey and moving TJ. I personally don't think having dh12 back all by itself is the answer. BTW, we had a pretty good big man in Asik. He would have played a LOT had he stayed with dh12 out half the season. We need a scorer who can score off of dribble penetration. We are basically a 3 pt. team and need to have another scorer.

3. basketballholic

It should be evident to all that Terrence Jones still can't guard big bigs. LaMarcus and Robin (and Leonard) beat him down again tonight.

1 person likes this.
  4. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Simple - poor shooting when we had opportunities. Their bigs were too much for dmo, Dorsey and jones. Silly fouls.
    And they didn't seem to miss a thing.

But the place went nuts when we got it back even from 16 down the level things. Just a pity we couldn't go on with it in the last.

5. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

I definitely see that without question. What REALLY bothered me was he expended ZILCH energy. I know what I saw and that part was unmistakeable.There is a big difference between not defending and NOT TRYING. While he can't defend, he put forth no effort. And that is troubling.

6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Went to tonight's game! It was fun even though we lost!

Notes about the loss...

We were getting our asses torn up on D, both the wing and interior defense where just awful, Leonard/Aldridge/Smith/Kaman where just wayyy to much for our bigs to handle, as well as McCollum/Lillard where just getting so many easy buckets.

The refs blew a couple of completely bogus calls but overall I felt most where legit. The Leonard foul on Harden was NOT a flagrant, have no idea what the hell everybody was so upset fort it was just a good foul on his arm to stop the bucket.

Harden is a monster but he's absolutely alone out there, Smith and Terry where alright but everyone else was crap, nobody can hit a damn shot on this team. HIT some damn free throws Dmo!

What might have pissed me off the most was when we where down by 5 with 3 minutes to go and we went like 5 consecutive possessions without Harden even touching the ball, I mean what the **** is that?!

Anyways, I feel if Howard was in this game that we would have easily won it, the biggest problem was the our lack of inside D tonight, which is expected with a bunch of PF's and ****ing Dorsey manning the middle.

1 person likes this.
  7. basketballholic

On a good note, Josh Smith now up to a little over 36% from 3 in a Rocket uniform.

8. cruwinas_lawona

Pat stank the joint. It was great comeback short. Harden can't do everything, especially against team like Blazers.
    Great effort.

9. RocketTownHou

RocketTownHou Member

It was easy to tell that Dwight would have been the difference tonight. We have problems against teams with big, bulky dudes like Aldridge and Drummond.
    D-Mo is more finesse than power.
    With Dwight, we beat them by 15 points back in December. We missed him tonight. Props to the Beard for trying to take the team on his shoulders, but it wasn't enough.

10. cruwinas_lawona

Asik and new DMO front would be nasty. DMO would sneak some magic passes to him, no doubt... Instead Rockets have D12 on the bench :(

11. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

No way brick for hands Asik catches any of Dmo's passes.

12. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Very disappointed in the effort from our guys in the first half, before the game I said all we had to do was play hard and we'd have a chance to win, well it took us a whole half to turn on the switch. Can't expect to give ****ty effort in long stretches against great teams and expect to win, Blazers are too good to **** around for a half.

Lots of guys struggled tonight, pretty much everyone defensively in the first half was terrible.

DMo definitely had a poor game, weird to see him struggle so much at the line, not too worried though he should have a bounce back performance next game.

I am kind of worried about Jones, he needs to find his way back. He's struggling so much offensively it's obviously his timing just isn't there.

Smith weirdly continuing his torrid pace from the three point line, never thought he'd get this hot for a stretch.

Bev continues his steep decline, we badly need an upgrade at PG. Just someone who can handle the ball a bit and take some pressure off Harden. For him to have to get 45 for us to have a chance is insane, we should have blew them out with him getting those numbers.

Terry is really looking bad out there, I'd like to see some minutes from Canaan even though he sucked in Detroit.

Brewer needs to stick to shooting corner threes, he's awful at threes from the wing.

Tough B2B coming up, hopefully we can get the split and regroup after the ASB. Damn, really wanted this one.

THIS. Despite everything I said above, we would have had a much better shot at this game if they had played harder in the 1st half.

13. Red three

Red three Member

U may be on to sumthing..

14. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

ugh...Ariza's stat line. smh

15. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

he's like the perfect player in all other facets except he turns into a rec league player on offense. sigh

16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

If you're still expecting good numbers from Ariza, you must be just tuning into this season. He's been largely terrible offensively for months now.

17. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

came out flat to the 4q. started missing 3s at inopportune times.

18. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

terry wasn't that bad. he hit a couple of key 3s. the past few games he has been bad though.

19. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

20. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Throws…

[​IMG]

[​IMG]