1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Blazers @ Rockets 2/8/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 7, 2013.

1. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

Really? I'm glad I'm not usually around for game threads then.

It's seriously annoying to read all these posts updating us on Chris Paul's bad stats. Or arguing that Harden is a "role player." :rolleyes:

2. nadman89

nadman89 Member

hey guys i was at the game didnt rly see what happened to TD , was he alright?

3. muas2010

muas2010 Member

You know why both teams lost? It's not about shutting down the first option, in terms of the leading scorer, but the flow of the game. In both games, Miami did a great job in stopping the flow of the game via the PG position. As for me, I'm not expecting Lin to perform on a level similiar to other starting, because I know for a fact that he is peforming on that level already. Now with the exception of CP3, he's gone through the whole NBA circuit and played against the best PG and came out with similiar or better stats...this can't be denied. For people that is still second guessing his talent they are setting up themselves for the big disappointment.

4. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

Any updates on Douglas?

5. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

1/2 half behind Utah. :)

6. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Says he's day to day. Says his hip is soar. Took an elbow from Matthews. Doesn't sound serious.

7. randomfan

randomfan Member

Using the minutes on Beverly was not a bad idea. He needs practice playing PG with the team so he can be an effective backup.

Practically everyone on the team has been improving, which is what you expect from a young team. Beverly needs a chance to improve as well, even as the backup, if he is going to be the cheap replacement for TD.

The Rockets were not losing at any point in the game... so it was a good time to get playtime for Beverly. Playing Beverly before in that losing stretch was weird, but it made a lot more sense this time. At least I hope that's what the staff was thinking...

8. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

no keep cap room for asik lin , parsons and 2pat expirings

9. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

and imagine when he improves...MJ were coming after you...:grin:

10. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

PPat is reading clutchfans, you should mention his hustles and put back dunk. we need more of that!

11. just a word

just a word Member

All of this. These are my feels.

Gosh, I love this team.:grin:

12. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

From Geraldd.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/C8MMdEEI07o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. mothman

mothman Member

I like how Beverly applied intense defensive pressure on Lillard which ultimately led to 2 steals. That was awesome. However, I'm still not sold on Beverly's overall defensive capability yet as he had a couple of defensive lapses that led to Lillard's wide open 3 (fortunately he missed).

Speaking of defensive lapses, did you guys saw how Harden got on Aldrich after he screwed up the rotation in the 4th Q? I just wonder how he got the job over Smith? Could Smith be tying shoe lace during practice time? Or perhaps they want him to play the backup 4 (behind Morris) instead of 5? I just thought Smith has a lot of potential. He made his presence felt in under 3 mins of play finishing strong at the rim on 2/2 fga.

14. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

Great game and a much needed win!

15. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SlKuC5JNIuo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

whatever the most important thing is that as the season progresses our bench becomes deeper and deeper still...

17. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Harden is an incridible playmaker/passer to go with his amazing scoring ability. The tottal packiage.

18. MonKing

MonKing Member

They need to send Smith down to the D league to work on tying his shoes and keeping them on his feet. If he can improve his skill to NBA level (or at least middle school) I'm sure he'll be right back up.

19. GoRockets!

GoRockets! Member

Thanks for posting. Was waiting for Harden's highlights. :p

Harden had a monster game. Truly amazing scorer and play-maker. So lucky we have him on our team. :grin:

20. wapz

wapz Member

Thanks a lot! go Lin!