1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Blazers @ Rockets 2/6/2016

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 6, 2016.

1. carib

carib Member

Hard to win games when you keep losing the rebounding battle.

2. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Can Howard even guard the pick and roll anymore ?? they absolutely shredded us with it, and most of the time it was because he couldn't recover to his man quickly enough after showing.

3. Remlap

Remlap Member

Don't see us even making the playoffs.

Next 6 games

GSW - Certain death
    POR - Another 30 pt beatdown?
    PHX - there's a MAYBE
    Utah - 6 game winning streak; basically tied with us for 8th seed
    POR - ANOTHER 30 pt beatdown?
    SA - Mark it as an "L"

We could be 9th or 10th seed by the end of this stretch

4. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Next 6 Games:

GSW - Harden scores 63 Rockets Win
    POR - Harden scores 40, Dwight goes 20 & 20 Rockets win
    PHX - Harden hits Last minute Dagger, scores 50 Rockets Win
    Utah - Harden scores 40, Dwight goes 20 & 20 Rockets Win
    POR - Harden & Dwight score 40...Rockets win
    SA - Mark it as an "W"

Fixed for you... Oh Ye Of Little Faith!

5. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

GSW -50pt win, they aint even that good, curry gets injured and retires
    POR - 30pt loss, its just one game
    PHX - 50pt loss, harden historical high 28tos, dwight career low 1fga, morey breaks calcluator during the game
    Utah - 17pt loss, its just one game
    POR - 10pt win, they suck
    SA - 100pt loss, its just one game

6. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Hard to recover when 90% of the time he is past the 3pt line.

Houston does this so they can create more turnovers but once a teams adjust it just leads to open shots.

Teams learn to hit the roll and then have the roll man wait for the defense to commit and hit the open man for a 3.

Dont know why JB doesnt have Howard just drop and force a midrange shot like they used to when teams adjust.

7. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

Not a whole lot of fight in this team.

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I've been watching the games, sticking it out, waiting for us to turn the season around. We'll have a game, a couple of games where it looks like we've turned a corner. Problem is, we've turned a corner and a bus is heading straight for us, instant road kill, even at home. I try to be optimistic. I try real hard (doing my Samuel L. Jackson imitation). I haven't lost all hope, but damn near. What I won't do is pin the blame for our troubles on one player, or two, as so many here seem determined to do. It's the team. It's the coaching. Morey has to do something to right a Rocket that's flamed out, falling from a hundred thousand feet to its doom. Something we can hang our hope on. We need a coach with a grip on this team and a plan. We need a team that will put it all on the court every game. Play hard, play well, and still lose? I'll cut them one hell of a lot of slack, but this? Unacceptable.

Unacceptable, maddening, and absurd. We invest a lot in this team, one hell of a lot besides our dollars and damn it, we deserve better.

1 person likes this.