1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Blazers @ Rockets 1/28/2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 26, 2022.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Bulls won't even trade PW for Jerami Grant, why would they trade him for Wood?

Let's be realistic.

And I'd have no qualms trading Wood for Myles Turner.

But CF will hate Turner just as much as they hate Wood, just for different reasons.

Turner is not a great rebounder or even close to the consistent 3 level scorer that Wood is.

And while Turner is elite rim protector, he will still be beat on the perimeter when he is switched up.

The real problem is not Wood but the system and personnel that Silas runs.

Even Turner will need forwards that are taller than 6'4.

2. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I don’t think we can get Patrick Williams with Wood either. I do think we can get at least one frp for him and then maybe you can pool several picks and Gordan to Chicago for Williams. Throw in Tate if you have to, because of the aforementioned problems with his height. I don’t really care if clutchfans screams about any player as long as he is part of making us a contender in a few years. Which I think can happen as early as 2024 with the right moves. If we don’t move Wood and draft Chet, Jabari, or Paolo what do we do with Wood next year?

D-rock likes this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Sorry man, PW is not for sale.

Bulls would be fools to give up such an asset now when they are in contention mode.

Only way is if they get an upgrade at any of their starting positions.

But Lavine, DeRozan and Vuc need as many long defenders around them.

Its the reason Bulls gave up on Markkanen. PW is the real deal.

But you do realize that PW has been injured this entire season right? He won't pass any team's medical and he may not be 100% until the playoffs, if that.

BallaDoc likes this.
  4. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I’m just wishing on Pat Will. I do realize he is a long shot. His injury is the only thing that even gives us a 10% shot. The Bulls are serious contenders this year, but I doubt they would view Gordan or Wood plus picks as putting them over the top. If they are really in win now mode maybe its Pat Will to Indy for Turner. Indy would get their re-build under way and Chicago would get the big they need for a serious playoff push. Then trade for Gordan with a future frp.

D-rock likes this.
  5. BallaDoc

BallaDoc Member

no hate on who our best players are. I agree with the list but would even add Matthews to it. He’s kind of slipped from hitting early rotations on defense but his shooting is electric.

our wing size is a real weakness. In a league that prioritizes length and switchable wings we’ve never trended that way sadly.

however, our wings aren’t being switched on to the bigs. They straight up start the possession on them. This is an idictment on how bad Wood is. The coaches feel he’s too much of a liability to guard centers. And even after that sentiment is clear wood doesn’t demand to guard the 5. If he can’t guard centers even remotely effectively it doesn’t matter what he does on offense (unless paired with an elite lead guard and he is just an efficient superstar). Teams reliant on a dominant offensive big without versatile defense don’t win anymore.

Deckard and D-rock like this.
  6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Well said when it comes to Wood. Wood could be a real asset to bring in for certain matchups at the 4/5, or for a different look on a team with a veteran big man who can do the things Wood refuses to do down low. He might fit as a 4 in a rotation on a different team, but in my opinion he doesn't fit on the Rockets. Sure, he has good games from time to time, but when it comes to contact, he's shy. Old school shy.

conquistador#11 likes this.