1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Blazers @ Rockets 1/28/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

LMAO!!!

DaDakota likes this.
  2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

could be subjective but it seems we are incredibly good and fun to watch whenever martin plays

deb4rockets likes this.
  3. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

I think the Players Forgot James Harden got Traded.

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

What’s weird is I remember thinking when we were down by forever, that we were going to settle down and win the game.
    No kidding.
    They all have a chip on their shoulder and something to prove.
    Love this team!

deb4rockets and hakeem94 like this.
  5. HP3

HP3 Member

Man, it has nothing to do with James not being here. There is no benefit from being good right now. Wanting to tank is better for the team? And we arent as "young" as you think we are.......sheesh man.

6. HP3

HP3 Member

Wow.....someone is unhappy LOL.

7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

you should be a pelicans fan... they are stacked with lottery picks and they have YION and still tanking

lololol 14th in the west
    and if they tank the next 10 years they may even be able to make playoffs one day
    THE FUTURE belongs to them......HAHAHAHAH!
    [​IMG]

clos4life likes this.
  8. D-rock

D-rock Member

I warned Silas about playing drop coverage against Dame.

And Boogie only knows how to play drop coverage.

His 11 minutes or so was complete ****ary on defense. Like he was moving in cement shoes.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Easier to be on board with tanking when we have control of our own pick. Even if we dumped every vet on the roster and lost every game from here on out there's a 50% chance that pick is going to OKC. Not only would that be painful to us as fans, but it would rob us of the opportunity to see if Wood is a playoff performer.

We built our last contender without tanking. Miami, Denver, Utah haven't tanked and are successful teams. The Philly model does not guarantee success. If it did Minnesota and Sacramento would be contenders and fans here would be all over it.

hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  10. HewbieTrippin

HewbieTrippin Member

Our team is very interesting atm ... Lot of guys with grit, wanting to get after it at both ends, sometimes lacking in talent on offense (our bench guys) and attention to detail for its team defense, but they all seem humble and wanting to grow. It's a refreshing change of pace from all the drama.

Also, Oladipo's defense looked really really good from what I saw (denying dame a clean look from 3 at the end there and forcing him to pass), while Wall's defense kind of reminds me of cp3's in the sense that they both had a track record of being known as solid defensive pgs, but then you watch them get blown by way more than the highlights suggest. I kinda expected that with cp aging, but Wall's still young enough to be able to stay with guys the way he used to. I expect Wall to pick it up on both ends once he gets more reps in and hopefully stays healthy.

hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

I agree, Rockets half court offensive sets were HS level.

dragonwill and hakeem94 like this.
  12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

We can't have that, I need that crown!!!

;)

DD

bumbum09 and bongman like this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Nice!

Deserves it's own thread.

After every game.

Kudos.

mac_got_this likes this.
  14. HP3

HP3 Member

i understand that its a risk and it would be painful, but I think its worth the risk for that guy.

Well....the Harden trade, that's very likely not to happen again tbh. Miami looks trash right now. Denver was bad before they got Murray. And Utah is great and all...but do you every imagine Utah winning the big one? They could...but I doubt it.

15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

man if only Tilman would appoint you for Silas' assistant.....

D-rock likes this.
  16. eman

eman Contributing Member

Love how we came back from down 30-10 and won it with defense.

D-rock likes this.
  17. D-rock

D-rock Member

I dont work for coupons.

And if I did have Silas' ear, I'd push to play Wood mostly in switch everything instead of drop coverage.

Wood has the agility as well as length to be a very good switch defender. He just needs reps and consistency.

#1717 D-rock, Jan 29, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2021
    dragonwill likes this.
  18. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Masai Ujiri took over the Raptors when they were a true dumpster fire, with seemingly mediocre pieces, bad contracts, and blown top picks. He refused to tank and made them as competitive as possible, putting them in a position to eventually trade for the piece that put them over the top. They beat the team that did tank, Philly, in order to get there.

Tanking guarantees nothing. Teams that have been tanking for years like Sacramento, Minnesota, Phoenix, Charlotte, and Washington have little to show for it. If tanking were truly that much better than just properly managing a team then Morey and Ujiri would have done it too.

JayGoogle, DaDakota and D-rock like this.
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Yup, that 1st quarter was a shytefest offensively AND defensively.

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Wall and Rockets offense is at his best when he is pushing pace at breakneck speed.

Our offense struggles when he advances ball too slowly and allows defense to set up.

Transition and early offense is opportunity for Rockets to be elite and improve offensive rating.

And running offense through Wood in half court as well.

deb4rockets likes this.