1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Blazers @ Rockets 1/28/2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 28, 2021.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Defense should get equal or more love.

Hakeemtheking, hakeem94 and jch1911 like this.
  2. D-rock

D-rock Member

3. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/h/hardeja01/gamelog/2017/

In the 2016-2017 season he had 7 or more turnovers 30 times, then 12 times, then 15 times, then 10 times, and 2 in this young season. That's 69 times in 5 seasons not counting the playoffs or the rest of them that WILL occur this year. Say what you will about the greatness of Harden (and I say this with a pair of Harden Vol 4s strapped to my feet) but the man is a walking turnover due to his creative ways. It's just true.

Kobe in his worst year had 7 or more turnovers 9 times and he was a ball dominator.

deb4rockets and D-rock like this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Well he is averaging 4.5 TOV this season but on 11.1 AST.

Kobe would love those numbers.

And Nets are best offense in NBA since he was traded there.

So he does have a few things going for him.

FYI, John Wall averaging 3.0 TOV but only 5.5.AST while Oladipo is averaging 2.3 TOV with 4.4 AST so far this season.

#1644 D-rock, Jan 29, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2021
  5. roslolian

roslolian Member

Nah tucker has played lots of mins even when he was -21 for the game. He has played lots of mins period whether he was positive or negative for the game. Thats why his advanced metrics suck ass cuz he gets so many PT but does nothing.

Im not disagreeing with you Tucker is better than his numbers, Im saying the numbers back what Im saying in that he is hurting the team. You keep saying you arent disputing the nos but thats what you're doing, disputing the nos. Yeah maybe if we have corner 3s then Tucker will be good again but guess what we dont. We dont have coroner 3s last 13 games I doubt that changes any time soon. So until that change happens Tuckers suck and the nos bare that out. If you know the metrics dont argue with me on what your eye test says. If one metric is wrong but BPM, WS and VORP all say he sucks. Thats more than enough and certainly outweigh your eye test.

You keep doing strawman arguments first you keep insisting Tucker is a great def player when everybody knows that now you keep talking about him leaving when I just want his mins reduced in favor of the hot hand. Look at Tate he gets PT when he is hot he gets less when he is producing crap thats what should happen to Tucker. In moments like earlier ok keep the guy on the floor when he is actually hustling but when he is mailing it in or not doing anything he should be sitting.

rhee likes this.
  6. don grahamleone

For the WOW question put on Silas: (and credit to @DaDakota for dreaming this nickname up //EDIT: credit actually to our Beloved Vernon Maxwell after further digging.)
    [​IMG]

#1646 don grahamleone, Jan 29, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2021
  7. don grahamleone

How many of those turnovers they commit go for freebies on the other end. That was Harden's specialty and also something that helped me understand that "All Turnovers Are NOT Created Equal".. that's in the Declaration of the NBA.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. D-rock

D-rock Member

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

10. HP3

HP3 Member

Yes I know, if you arent playing in a system that plays to your strengths then your numbers will be bad. But I guess there is a reason, the numbers are saying he's bad and yet Silas keeps putting him in. He must be seeing something the numbers arent capturing. Cause there are teams that want him right now.

What you dont understand is that what I first told you is that yes, Tucker's versatility on offense hurts us. Maybe on most nights it does hurt us, Ill retract that statement. But tonight, Tucker was not the problem. Nwaba had 2 points, Tate had 2 points. Nothing for them? House and Brown dont play as good as defense as Tucker. Cousins was freaking arbage tonight and was the reason we lost our lead but you look at Tucker. Tucker played a lot of minutes tonight because Silas knew he was needed.

Tonight was not that night. Brown was missing a lot in the second half and so was House. Both of them are very crappy at defense and have lapses on defense. Tucker does not. Im not straw manning you, the first thing I told you was that I was talking about tonight. We werent playing like crap because of Tucker, they were playing like crap because we dont have very good offensive players.

11. don grahamleone

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

13. GTO

GTO Member

The score is found everywhere, not a secret.

That is funny first few times, now it is just pure annoyance.

Jontro and TWS1986 like this.
  14. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

LOL.

15. TimDuncanDonaut

It's like Gordon is doing the Why U No guy impression. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

HP3, Hakeemtheking, hakeem94 and 3 others like this.
  16. TimDuncanDonaut

It's like someone took top half of Gordon's face and put it on bottom half of Anthony Davis.

17. 18pbr

18pbr Member

I know we criticize EG a lot on this forum but props to EG for shutting down Dame down the stretch. That was impressive, him and Oladipo did a great job of containing Dame late in the 4th.

Side note: I like the fact coach put in David Nwaba for Cwood to get all elite defenders in the closing seconds.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

19. bro2044

bro2044 Member

LOL

D-rock likes this.
  20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

That is terrifying

D-rock, Hakeemtheking and hakeem94 like this.