1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Frustrated Motiejunas just wants to play

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 8, 2014.

1. nobie

nobie Member

I dont understand why ppl continue to **** on Donuts, sure hes unhappy with no playing time whatsoever and wants to be traded, but its clear that every time he gets playing time, he performs and always plays hard !

2. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

Maybe if he pouted, b****ed, and moaned like Asik, the Rox management will respect him more.

3. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

I would rather have a young player that is pissed about not getting playing time, I don't want my young player content to sit on the bench, I want him hungry to play.

4. Billionzz

The game started to turn when Dmo came into the game. He has been playing pretty good D, rebounding well, and almost always seems to score. He deserves the backup 4 minutes and the backup 5 minutes until Smith or Asik gets back.

5. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I agree. His offensive game really looks smooth, and he's very quick. Sure he still fouls too much and needs to improve defensively, but I think he's earned some playing time, especially with Asik out indefinitely.

6. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

If he continues to show up like vs Pellies, he will get the playing time.

He should not rush things, but let the game come to him. Anyway teammates are looking for him. And just don't get embarrassed on the defensive end.

7. nirianto

nirianto Member

I think DMo plays hard on the defensive ends. A few things that I have been noticing whenever he was given ample minutes to show what he can do:
    - He hustled back to his man after hedging to the ballhandler during PnR
    - He box out down low with his man, noticed he did this a few times to AD and we got the drebs unlike TJones who ignores his man and tried to go up as high as he can to get the drebs
    - He doesnt fall for pump fakes as much as he used to do

8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I am glad he had a good game, he should get some minutes. There is no reason to trade him right now.

9. nobie

nobie Member

Rockets dont want to trade him, Donuts + his Agent wants the trade.

10. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Been saying for a while the guy just needs consistent minutes. He's going to make mistakes, but sometimes mchale just needs to unclench and let it roll. It's not like he is taking away minutes from some stud when he plays dmo.

1 person likes this.
  11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Yes, I hope he will continue to play well. That may make him change his mind. Right now, the Rockets are still looking to accommodate him.
    There is no need to make a marginal move eg Dunleavy for him.

12. Normalus

Normalus Member

Not sure if true. Seems DMo want's to stay, but also want's to play.

13. allaroundplayer

If the Rockets didn't put a high value on him, they would have traded him for Jordan Crawford.

14. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I'm happy to say that DMo showed me a little something last night. I thought his defense looked pretty good. I think maybe the message is getting through to DMo that if he wants to play he has to toughen up and not be bullied. He committed five fouls in 18 minutes, but he did contribute and was a positive force when on the court.

This is what McHale needs to see from DMo in order to get into the rotation. Lets see if DMo can keep up his good play tonight against OKC.

15. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I think the message got through long ago. Its translating that message to the court that has been a problem for him. I would go so far to say that at times he has tried to hard. That is, nervous instead of loose. Worrying about his performance rather than relaxing into it.

A good part of it for Dmo is mental. Trusting his instincts, or getting his instincts to the point where he does trust them. He has always been a hard worker. What he hasn't been able to do for the most part is achieve a good balance between knowing what to do in a given situation and letting it flow naturally.

16. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

i'm amazed at the Boston got for that guy btw.

I have faith that Morey won't sell DMo for pennies on the dollar. Showcasing him a bit more might help though.

17. rocketsmetalspd

I believe DMO would be happy just getting consistent minutes coming off the bench every night. The team needs a true back up C. The PF position is in good hands with TJones and DMo.

18. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

DMo is doing well for the second straight game. Herero playing him and either increase his value or build him into the rotation, either way, we are better.

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dmo is playing better - but for the love of god, can he learn how to set a proper pick?

20. Billionzz

Dmo just didn't play better, he played very good. I think he sets good picks, plus he hustles around and sets more of them than any of the Rockets big men.