1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Don't Vote for Yao

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jeff, Nov 19, 2010.

1. FACK

FACK New Member

I agree...

2. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

Just think about what you wrote........

Some may even call you a secret Yao lover because every 2nd post is about Yao. It's a little scary......you might be one of this guys who has a shrine devoted, with little dolls, with pins through them.

Defending Yao does not automatically = YOF or the past 6 years, many can easily be labeled YOF or a YOH.

The scariest part is posters who do nothing but talk about 1 player about 90% of the time.....you fit that model.

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

been called a lot worse

and

i've been pretty open about how i feel about this for a long time, now.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Our team is in the crapper and we are seriously concerned about who votes or starts in a glorified marketing scrimmage?

Vote or don't vote for him......what does it matter, this team has way bigger issues to deal with right now.

DD

5. abc2007

abc2007 Member

DD is a wise man ...

6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Yao playing at an all-star level is supposed to be one of the key solutions to our bigger issues, and he hasn't done that. So if we continue to lose because Yao hasn't been an all-star, and despite all that some "Rockets fans" vote him in to me that's just adding insult to injury.

The ASG game has become a glorified marketing scrimmage, true, but being recognized as an all-star is still supposed to mean something. If fans willfully choose to ignore that (and get offended by people who point it out), then they are contributing to the stupidity of the whole event.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Look, I understand the sentiment from both sides.

1. Make him earn it.

2. It is a scrimmage for the fans.

It is a personal decision on whom to vote for or not vote for.....

My point is that this team is batting .250 on the season, and is inching closer to the Mendoza line every game.

Why worry about the all star game? Maybe if Yao gets voted in, and doesn't deserve it, the NBA will change the way it works....at the end of the day, who cares?

As for the stupidity of the fans...well........

DD

8. TheGM

TheGM Contributing Member

Are you still here? Didn't you sign up on the Knicks forum? You do know he's on the Pistons now, right?

There are some YOFs on here, but at least he's still on the team unlike the guy you dedicate your life to.

9. rju1986

rju1986 Member

--Who has been hurt more, played less, not as dominant and not as humble, who is hungry and actually strives to be better for the comradery of it all.. Be thankful you don't have Greg Oden.

10. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

It's sad when the Knicks are having a better season than the Rockets.

Yao is on his annual injury...and there's (lol thanks spelling Nazi) no relief in sight.

#170 Uprising, Nov 20, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  11. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

Homer caps off please. What does all-star translate to these days? Is he an all-star basketball player that produce at a high level in the sport? Or, is he an all-star human being? The big fella that's in a suit 70% of his NBA basketball career but has great work ethics, determination, and does charity for his homeland. I think in many peoples eyes (chinese mostly and no pun intended) Yao is a all-star human being for all the great things he has done for them like charity, being a national icon, and putting chinese international players on the map. He is without a question talented when healthy, but the harsh reality is he haven't. Yao has not made enough impact in his NBA basketball playing career to deserve 7 all-star appearances.

You can't be considered an all-star basketball player for rehabbing at an all-star level. You have to play at an all-star level. In the past, All-star equals the player with the best talent gets the spot. These days, not so much. Shame

I am a huge Yao Ming fan, but a bigger Rockets fan, and a fan to the sport. Yao as a person is all star quality, as the basketball player? Not 7 time deserving. I will only vote for him if he deserves it this year, just like i haven't vote for him for years in the past.

12. mil

mil Member

If the trophy is for the best employee of the year and you are just an average worker,you should be embaressed (not ashame because you did not campagne for the vote) to receive the trophy.But if the trophy is for the most likable employee ,and all the customers like you,then why is it a shame to receive the trophy
    The All Stars game is just that,the fans choose the players they like to see on that game ,nothing more nothing less.If they choose a player because they like his tatoo,so be it.It may sound stupid,but that is how it works -The Players The Fans Like and not necessarily the Best Players.
    We sometime choose to go to a movie not because the actor is the Oscar winner or the best actor in Hollywood,but simply because we like the actor.We hope we are not DEGRADING the entertainment business in the choice and we should be ashame of ourself.

2 people like this.
  13. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

I have said times before that we need to move on without Yao. But I have also been calling you names which, honestly, fit you to a tee. So what kind of name do you want to call me back? Face it, you are the dumb ass here who keep trying to start fight by calling anyone who expose your stupidity a "YOF". So your stupidity led to your name calling which led to more name callings from the other people back on you. But I am not really hopeful that a dumb ass like you can see the logic.

14. Laoyi

Laoyi Member

Indeed!

15. esteban

esteban Member

YAO is an all star in my book!

16. bloop

bloop Member

The sport's integrity depends on much larger things than whether Yao plays in an All Star game: bull**** officiating, Stern's influence on outcomes of games, Stern's packing the executive positions at NBA with his cronies, corruption and gambling among officials, questionable trades/trade policies, competitive integrity of "star" players, favoring certain players and certain markets etc etc etc etc.

As it is, all you're doing is penalizing Yao because he got injured and in a pique of frustration about the team's record, demanding that Yao take the fall for the entire team's shortcomings to this point.

IF Yao does start in the All Star game it means he's healthy which will also mean he's the best offensive center in the game at that moment. If he's hurt, he's not going to be playing in the game at all, even if he's voted a starter. Either way this thread is moot.

This board has always been heavy on the "not gay" (as in overcompensation) and the townspeople with pitchforks and torches sentiments towards its players. Yao is being asked to take a small symbolic fall (exclusion from the All Star game) as atonement for 1)being hurt 2)his team sucking

17. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Yep, look at the comments from The GM and the other YOF.As soon as you tell the truth about their god, they get their nickers in a twist.The cant face the fact Yao is washed up.

18. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Considering is playing the C position right now or even Marc Gasol are contributing, they are far more worthy of it then i'm done ming.

19. TheGM

TheGM Contributing Member

Don't kid yourself. Everyone can see your post history.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/search.php?searchid=186538

No one is going to call MadMax a Yao hater. He's been here before either McGrady or Yao were here. He wanted McGrady out just like nearly everyone. Now he wants Yao gone, nothing wrong with that.

I agree with him. I don't know how Yao is going to leave or when, but I'm just as ready to have the Yao era over and done with. It's getting tiring hearing about 1 week injuries turning into 4 week injuries. At least, we don't have to worry about Yao spouting stupid ****, while he's rotting on the bench.

However, you calling people out is hilarious. You b****ed about the Rockets for trading your hero. You left the board and joined various Knicks forums. Now your back?

Here

20. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

Oh, I didn't know this Spiegel idiot's love fest with Tmac.

Over 90% of the posts of this idiot is about Yao Ming. I have no idea why he is so obsessed with this one single player. This site is for the Houston Rockets, not for Yao Ming only. If he is so crazy about Yao Ming, why doesn't he take his garbage posts to YMmania.com?

This Spiegel fool is the definition of an only-fan. What a sad story.