1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Do the Rockets have the NBA's best backcourt?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The Cat, Sep 17, 2013.

1. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Was going to post this article, but I lost a little faith in Doolitttle after reading his hilarious 'how to fix the Lakers' article.

But I agree, Houston has the best backcourt in the league...but I'm very biased. I make homers look like bandwagoners!

2. Yang_Wenli

Yang_Wenli Member

Next year I think John Wall/Bradley Beal and Irving/Waiters should be in the contention as the best back court.
    Not sure why the Warriors weren't included.

3. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

This would be a really good matchup. One backcourt shoots alot while the other penetrates. But I'll keep the Harden and Lin duo because Curry cannot play defense even if he tries, he's not physically built to. Harden may be bad at it but when he wants to he'll wreck you.

4. gene18

gene18 Rookie

Lin actually has a better overall defensive Points Per Possession Synergy Sports) than Beverley.

1 person likes this.
  5. Play07

Play07 Member

I like beverley and all on defense he comes up with some key blocks, but to give him all these props about his defense is not correct he hurt westbrook and westbrook played the second half torching him and winning the game on a season ending injury he wasnt even aware of. (he did this to beverely while playing hurt people ) then reggie jackson puts up amazing numbers on beverley and now has high expectations because of the number of points he put up against the rockets. beverley also stays in foul trouble. I think his defense is overrated and if he doesn’t learn how to get his assist up i think brooks should maybe be lins backup because he can create his own shot and can pass efficiently while getting in the lane and can knock down shots just as good as beverley only thing he lacks is defense.

1 person likes this.
  6. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

Hahahaha. Bev's defense "appears" better because of his limited minutes. When Lin was a reserve guard on the Warriors, he led the league by a large margin in steals per minute and all point guards in blocks per minute.

1 person likes this.
  7. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

I got negative repped with this comment: "Dude. Get off of Lin's nuts and Beverley's ass already. Please, it's repetitive and annoying."

1. Who wrote this?
    2. When have I repetitively gotten off of Bev's ass? I think Beverly is a good player and an excellent complement to Lin. Arguably he and Garcia were the most valuable players of last year's playoffs.

1 person likes this.
  8. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

Hmmmmmm..... An all-powerful trigger happy dude who has neg rep capabilities. At least when i got a neg rep, it was signed by clutch, and i think my rant deserves it.

9. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Errr... what? Granted it was a very small sample size, but Beverly did as well of a job as anyone is going to do on Westbrook in that series.

10. 34to11

34to11 Member

Sounds like good advice.

11. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

Lin is a good and underated defender, but to say he is better then Beverly at D screams of bias. For the record i like Lin and want him to start.

12. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

I am a big Lin fan, but just when exactly have I gotten on Beverly? I think that Beverly is a good player and an outstanding complement to Lin. In fact, I think they play great together in the backcourt and have advocated the tandem ala Dumars/Thomas given the height similarities (6'1"/6'3") between the two pairs.

13. kcd

kcd Member

Which was not very good. I'm just saying if Lin had allowed Westbrook to score that much points, no one would be praising him. Lin actually did hold Westbrook to low points in one of the regular season games, I think Westbrook only scored 14 points or something like that and there were people saying it wasn't Lin's defending that cause WB to score a lot less points than he normally does.

14. kcd

kcd Member

Well, Lin's defensive rating is slightly higher so I'm not sure why it's bias to say that. I think Bev on ball defense is better, mostly because Lin just doesn't defend that way, but not overall he's not better defensively last year based on stats.

15. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Golden State has best SHOOTING backcourt for sure. I dont think theyre tops though. I think Thompson is a bit overrated. He's great at shooting, not too good in anything else. Like a 1 dimensional Kevin Martin.

Tony Parker and Manu are best working duo. Old busted Kobe and Steve Nash biggest names. Deron and Joe Johnson good names and solid talent

Hard to not count Houston though. They have a good combo of elite superstar, age and versatility in them all. If Harden improves his defense and Lin improves his shot, its be almost all you can ask for in a backcourt.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They are tops in Pick&Roll

17. PeppermintCandy

Our current backcourt may prove as good in the long run perhaps, but a healthy Deron Williams/Joe Johnson backcourt teamed with Dwight Howard would be an immediate championship contender in my book.

18. autoprt

autoprt Member

good point, the more confidence lin gets with his shot and game he won't defer so much. of course if he isn't hitting his shot he isn't going to keep shooting, that's not his game.

19. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Clutchfans said we had the best back court when we had Lowry and Kmart lol

20. deshen

deshen Member

I'd be more interested in who will get the last laugh in the end of the season or if the team will play more playoffs game each season.