1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Conspiracy Theories Be Damned – Just Enjoy The Game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jeff, Nov 8, 2013.

1. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Conspiracy or not, Mchale has serious deficiencies in the play calling department. That will eat us alive come playoff time.

2. Akim523

Akim523 Member

There's no conspiracy theory yet. All we are getting at this stage are bits and pieces of unreliable information "leaked" by "credible" source.

3. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

yes, chemistry needs to take time. But effort does not. Time for Harden to step it up in that area.

4. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Going to take around 50+ games for them to catch their stride IMO. The biggest problem I see for this team is what are they going to do with Asik!!!!!

5. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

One picture won't always tell a story, but several likely do.

Personally, I have a problem with Dwight's on court attitude (not personality) because it does seem to affect how he goes about playing the game for a while now. When guys aren't all-stars, it's much easier for people to accept that it's a player's attitude that is a problem, but because Howard is an all-star, people assume he couldn't possibly have an attitude that affects his play negatively because, well, he's become a great player with that attitude. IMO, that doesn't mean his attitude still can't have a negative impact on certain aspects of his game (like free throws), after all, the game is both mental and physical. Great players don't necessarily have a perfect balance of both and often can get away with lacking in one of the two by having more of the other. For Dwight, it seems like his physique has done a lot more for him than his mentality has.

6. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Too...much...logic...Rational...thought...make...head...

[​IMG]

7. JBar

JBar Rookie

No, they're laughing about what Lin did on the secret trip they took while in Asia. "What happens in Macau doesn't necessarily stay in Macau, Jeremy."

8. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

Yes they all have the capacity to, the stars more-so because they are in the game longer. But they don't all do it. Teams can win 60+ games while still having off days from their stars, as long as the stars don't turn into anchors.

If you are shooting like crap, try spending energy on defense; or on creating shots. Both things Harden is perfectly capable of doing.

9. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I think it's pretty obvious.

Lin and Parsons are best friends.

Dwight and Harden hate Parsons, so they "ISO'ED" him, and they are smiling about it.

Jeremy Lin is not because he is friends with Parsons, hence why he isn't smiling.

Quick, someone put this all over the internet.

Call it "Reliable sources say Harden and Howard excluded Parsons and made Jeremy Lin unhappy. Supposed locker room fight broke out between ex-Rocket Juwan Howard and Omri Casspi for some reason."

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Moz.org assesses the "weather" in the world of SEO using the widget below. Let's get one going for the mood of the GARM. Insane, long-term changes will be known as "updates", for example, on July 10th (or whenever) we signed Dwight Howard, we'll call that the "Superman Update 1.0". Someone create it and let me know it's done.

<div class="mozcast-widget" data-type="yesterday" data-size="small" data-orientation="vertical"></div><p style="margin:0 0 10px 2px;font:bold 11px sans-serif;"><a href="http://mozcast.com" style="color: #55b3d9;">MozCast</a><p><script>(function(){var a=document.createElement("script");a.type="text/javascript";a.async=!0;a.src="//d17lplhe0gaujj.cloudfront.net/js/embed.js";var b=document.getElementsByTagName("script")[0];b.parentNode.insertBefore(a,b);})();</script>

11. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Enjoy the game? That's not what Clutchfans is about nowadays. Sad but true.

12. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

People over-react all the times, it's part of human nature. When the big three were assemble in Miami and they started off slow a lot of there fans over react too.

When we went on that 20 game winning streak LOL a lot of over reacted thinking Championship. Oh but when lost after that winning streak, jokers started tripping again.

So this is nothing new.

BTW good read nonetheless....bwhahahahahhaa

13. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

can't enjoy watching harden and his turnover prone ball-watching garbage.

how do you even enjoy that? yeah its a whole different story to just enjoy watching the game... but when you know at good amount about basketball its super frustrating. so naturally we want to complain and get our voices out

14. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Edit: People over-react all the time, it's part of human nature. When the big three were assemble in Miami and they started off slow a lot of there fans over reacted too.

When we went on that 20 game winning streak LOL a lot of us over reacted, thinking Championship. Oh but when we lost after that winning streak, jokers started tripping again.

15. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Hell, I just enjoyed being able to watch my first game of the year on TV. See ya'll again on Thursday for #2!

Back to the hangout/football forums for me.

16. OremLK

OremLK Member

We're 4-2.

Jesus Christ, people.

1 person likes this.
  17. Nook

Nook Member

Has it even been this bad before?

After every victory it is about how Lin was not used properly, Harden has froze him out. Harden is a fat lazy hippy that does not defend.

After every loss it is about how Lin should run the offense, that McHale hates him. Harden is fat and lazy and does not defend.

Ohh I almost forgot, McHale is too stupid to be coach the Rockets, that he dislikes Lin personally. That McHale should be replaced by coach ___ (a coach with some connection to the Knicks).

Then there are the posts that Lin is turnover prone and not an NBA calibur player.

Have I forgotten any?

Oh that is right, Harden and Howard just don't care, you can tell by their body language.

18. jcluo

jcluo New Member

Harden is overrated. He is not clutch.

19. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

How was it when Yao and Tracy were here Nook? I wasn't a member at that time. The forum that I was on jokers would over react to the things them two did as well.

20. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

You mean have we ever had an Asian player split the fanbase in half? Hmmmm....let me think......

1 person likes this.