1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Clutch City Lives! Rockets pull off historic comeback, advance to West Finals

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 17, 2015.

?

Who will win the Western Conference Finals?

1. Rockets in 4

4.3%
  2. Rockets in 5

1.8%
  3. Rockets in 6

39.7%
  4. Rockets in 7

30.8%
  5. Warriors in 4

1.5%
  6. Warriors in 5

8.0%
  7. Warriors in 6

12.3%
  8. Warriors in 7

1.5%
  1. i3artow i3aller

2. BowlingBaller

BowlingBaller Member

That's awesome. Each of their faces are funny. CP goes from cool to flip-out in an instant. And Dwight barely seems phased... Like his annoying little brother won't leave him alone.

3. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

reposting from the game thread:

My mind is really blown. For the past three years, the Clippers have owned the Rockets. They meet in the playoffs, get down 1-3, then win three straight elimination games, including the epic comeback in game six to eliminate the Clippers and go to the Western Conference Finals.

Amazing.

1 person likes this.
  4. RocketFire

RocketFire Member

I thought of this video when I saw Chris Paul guard J. Harden down the stretch and than realized Harden is only 25 :eek:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hDwcbvnIAgE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. chandlerbang21

I hope they can defend curry cause his last game he was in the zone splashing at will

6. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I never legit vote in these polls, the jinx is real

7. LAYGO

LAYGO Contributing Member

That's because it's still brand new! ;)

8. LAYGO

LAYGO Contributing Member

Man, **** yo mama! ;)

9. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

My prediction: Rockets in 6. Rockets takes 3 home games, and steals one on the road.

Grizzlies exposed Warriors's weakness in round 2, that Warriors need hot perimeter shooting to win. Tony Allen and Mike Conley's injuries really screwed Grizzlies in that series.

On defense, Rockets have players defend the perimeter, with Dwight protecting the rim. Grandpas can stay with Curry, like they did against Chris Paul. Ariza will shut down Klay. Harden will be on Harrison Barn. Warriors don't have much inside game, which makes it much easier to guard the perimeter.

On offense, Rocket's inside game will be too much for Warriors to handle. Bogut is a good defender against average centers. But he is no DeAndre Jordan. A healthy playoff Dwight will eat Bogut alive. Dwight/Smith/Jones/Capela will be too much and too atheltic for Warriors front court.

ESPN does not give Rockets a chance against Warriors, just like they did not give Rockets any chance against Clippers. I will be happy for Rockets to prove them wrong again!

10. HardenHardon

HardenHardon Member

Rockets are on borrowed time, but maybe playing with house money will help them. I doubt it, though.

That and their home games will be in front of the least deserving fan base in the NBA outside of maybe Miami's. So much quit among fans here. How many did we have writing them off last round on this board?

Warriors in 5. This assumes Harden sells about 18 free throws worth of fouls in a game.

11. ibm

ibm Member

at this time i say worriors in 7. but that's subject to change w/o notice. we shall see...

12. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Bad news is 4.36% of the ppl who voted have already been proven wrong.

Good news is the other 95.64% of us are still in it!.

13. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Gotta take the game to more night. I still say Rockets in six. Originally thought we'd get the first game tho